Windows 10: Microsoft Edge Deleted My Favorites. Makes Me Sad.

Discus and support Microsoft Edge Deleted My Favorites. Makes Me Sad. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I'm an IT professional at a university. I oversee the service desk and the desktop support group. We are a Windows Shop and a ConfigMgr shop. We... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CRNugent, Feb 12, 2019.

1. CRNugent Win User

Microsoft Edge Deleted My Favorites. Makes Me Sad.

Hi,

I'm an IT professional at a university. I oversee the service desk and the desktop support group. We are a Windows Shop and a ConfigMgr shop. We got a "Feature Update" slip by our Windows Update process and I got the "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803" yesterday on 2/11. We avoid the Feature Updates because they have a high occurrence of FUBARing our operating systems. (We use task sequences to "upgrade" the operating system instead). In my case, all of my Edge Favorites have been deleted. Considering my back up is over a year old, a hell of a lot of research and documentation is down the drain. I've followed step to recover, to no avail. Any way I can get my recent favorites back? And can you write your code to avoid this in the future?

Chris

:)

CRNugent, Feb 12, 2019

2. Microsoft Edge Favorites

Hello,

Let us further isolate your concern by answering the following questions:

• Can you clarify what you meant by reinstalling favorites in Microsoft Edge?
    • What are the steps you have done to resolve this?
    You can import favorites you've saved from a different web browser to Microsoft Edge. You might want to consider importing these and check if the same thing happens. Click this
    link for the steps.

Looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Delete all favorites from Edge?

The link in step 3 below will show you how to unblock the .zip file. It basically allows you to run it without Windows blocking it.

Using the steps below will reset Microsoft Edge and delete all of it's favorites.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Microsoft Edge Deleted My Favorites. Makes Me Sad.

How to import the Favorites to Microsoft Edge?

Hi Starcia,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that the Favorites and Browser history got deleted on Microsoft Edge. I will certainly help you.

Did you clear the Browser history prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to restore the Favorites and check if it resolves the issue.

Step 1: Check Favorites folder in User profile

1. Open File Explorer or press Windows logo + E
    keys.

2. Navigate to C drive > Users >
    Select your User profile > Favorites.

3. If you’re able to see the favorites list, then you will be able to import the Favorites from there.

Step 2: Import Favorites from folder or from browser.

1. Launch the Microsoft Edge browser.

2. Click on Favorites and select Favorites settings.

3. Click on Import.

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Edge Deleted My Favorites. Makes Me Sad.

1. Microsoft Edge Deleted My Favorites. Makes Me Sad. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Deleted

2. Win10 bootloop making me mad & sad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 bootloop making me mad & sad: Feel like an idiot for buying such an expensive laptop Surface book 2 15' fully spec'd and not being able to use it properly. Situation: -Tried to factory reset - now stuck in boot loop; - shows windows logo then logo and 'Preparing' with spinning circle - 'The computer...
  3. Microsoft Edge favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge favorites: Before the Chromium update, I could click on a favorite, and when I closed it and opened the favorites list again, the cursor would be at the last favorite I opened. Now, when I close a favorite, it goes back to the top of the favorites list. Then I have to scroll down, often...
  4. Microsoft Edge favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Edge favorites: Before the Chromium update, I could click on a favorite, and when I closed it and opened the favorites list again, the cursor would be at the last favorite I opened. Now, when I close a favorite, it goes back to the top of the favorites list. Then I have to scroll down, often...
  5. How to Delete favorites from Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Delete favorites from Microsoft Edge: I want to delete some websites that I have saved to my favorites bar in Microsoft Edge. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-favorites-from-microsoft-edge/35b7fc41-d161-41a8-ad91-586a21a76b31
  6. Delete All Favorite from Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete All Favorite from Microsoft Edge: I been trying to delete all the favorites out of microsoft edge at one time. This does not seem possible. Seems like a good browser but I am tired of messing with the favorites. I would think that all the technology you guys you could make this a simple task. I don't...
  7. Favorites deleted from edge browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Favorites deleted from edge browser: HI, I updated windows 10 to the latest release and my favorites were deleted from edge.Any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-deleted-from-edge-browser/5e10b64b-b8eb-4b55-b14d-383405f1e42c"
  8. Microsoft Edge NOT opening my Favorites.

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge NOT opening my Favorites.: I still have all of my favorites intact under %AppData%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favo rites However, opening Microsoft Edge, it just won't load these at all. How can I fix this issue? One thing I did was...
  9. Edge Favorites - problem deleting favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites - problem deleting favorites: I have not been able to delete favorites from the "Favorite Bar" drop down list. The right-click and the delete key do not work. 12199
  10. Create or Delete Folder on Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create or Delete Folder on Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar: How to: Create or Delete Folder on Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar How to Create or Delete Folder from Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser added in Windows 10, and will be available across the Windows 10 device...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to retrieve deleated microsoft edge favorites

2. edge favorites

3. microsoft edge deleted my favorites

4. restore microsoft edge favorites folder