Windows 10: Microsoft Edge is not saving favorites under new folder created

Discus and support Microsoft Edge is not saving favorites under new folder created in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi! I've been using Windows 10 for about 2 months now and do like the feel of it. Now, I have a problem with the Edge browser not saving a... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by msedge, Dec 14, 2015.

1. msedge Win User

Microsoft Edge is not saving favorites under new folder created

Hi!

I've been using Windows 10 for about 2 months now and do like the feel of it.

Now, I have a problem with the Edge browser not saving a website I try to favorite in a new folder under Favorites.

When favoriting a website to Favorites or Favorite Toolbar, is saves the website as the star becomes yellow. But, if I make a new folder under Favorites and try to save to it, no luck. The star does not change to yellow nor does it favorite it under the new folder created.

Additionally, when I try to remove the folder created under Favorites, right clicking gives me the "remove" option but when I select it, nothing happens.

This is driving me nuts. Does anyone know a solution to this? *Shock

:)

msedge, Dec 14, 2015

2. How can I organize my Favorites in Win 10? .

I am using Windows 10, which means I am using Edge. I upgraded from Win7, IE, and on IE had created many Favorites folders and sorted by subject within a folder, as well as sorted by order of interest to me within a folder.

I don't want to sort alphabetically within Edge. And I want to be able to create new folders and save new saves to Favorites to various folders.

notanewbie_882, Dec 14, 2015
  3. how to make the order of saving bookmarks in favourite bar in edge like internet explorer to put new bookmarks in left side not in right side in windows 10?

Hi Jagrata,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, Edge does not work like Internet Explorer.

If it helps, lets create a new folder/subfolder to re-organize the favorites.

If you want to move the favorite to a new folder then, try the below steps and check if it helps.

1) Open the favorite link, which you want to add to a new folder.

2) Click on the Add to favorites or Reading list icon (Star button).

3) Click on Create new folder and Click on
    Add
    button.

4) Same way, open the favorite which you want to move to the new folder.

5) Click on the Add to favorites or Reading list icon (Star button).

6) Select the folder, under the Save location drop down menu.

7) Click on Update button.

For more information on Microsoft Edge browser, refer to the below link;

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/microsoft-edge

Note: You can also provide a your valuable suggestion in the feedback app.

Keep us posted for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Dec 14, 2015
  4. brummyfan Win User

Hi,
    Go to Task manager, right click Edge Process, click Details, right click Microsoft Edge CP.exe and End task, repeat this for all instances of Microsoft Edge.exe. Reboot and see whether it fixes the problem.

brummyfan, Dec 14, 2015
  5. msedge Win User
    Nope. No go.

This is kinda frustrating. The edge process comes up only when I run the Edge browser. I get 2 Edge CP.exe running. I end one but cannot end the other as I think it's because the browser is running when doing this. If I close the Edge browser, so do the edge cp.exe thingys.

*Sad

msedge, Dec 15, 2015
  6. brummyfan Win User
    brummyfan, Dec 15, 2015
  7. If you have internet explorer then see if that is interfering with it

hTconeM9user, Dec 15, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Msedge, and welcome to Ten Forums.

It sounds like your favorites may be corrupted in Microsoft Edge. If so, you may need to use OPTION THREE in the tutorial below to reset and clear all favorites in Microsoft Edge to start fresh. *Sad

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Dec 15, 2015
  9. msedge Win User
    Thank you. Your method solved my problem.

MS Edge, what a mess. Needed a batch file to resolve this. Geez.... and my windows 10 os was vanilla along with ms edge.

msedge, Dec 16, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge is not saving favorites under new folder created - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge saving

2. Cannot create new folder under "Pictures" folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot create new folder under "Pictures" folder.: In the photos app, I am unable to create a new folder under Pictures in Windows 10. As soon as I click on "Create folder", it greys out, as does the "Import" button, and I can go no further. How do I fix this issue?...
  3. Microsoft Edge favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge favorites: Before the Chromium update, I could click on a favorite, and when I closed it and opened the favorites list again, the cursor would be at the last favorite I opened. Now, when I close a favorite, it goes back to the top of the favorites list. Then I have to scroll down, often...
  4. Microsoft Edge favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Edge favorites: Before the Chromium update, I could click on a favorite, and when I closed it and opened the favorites list again, the cursor would be at the last favorite I opened. Now, when I close a favorite, it goes back to the top of the favorites list. Then I have to scroll down, often...
  5. New Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Edge Favorites: I just installed the New EDGE. Can I import all my favorites from somewhere? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-edge-favorites/709dcff8-10b6-43df-9d12-955c1d12b642
  6. Upgrade to Edge Creates Other Favorites Folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade to Edge Creates Other Favorites Folder: When I upgraded from edge to edge chromium, it created a "other favorites" folder in the favorites and nested all mine under that folder. Why would it do that and add an extra click? I have tried going to manage favorites, but you cannot move them out of that folder in there....
  7. Favorites in the new Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites in the new Edge: Just started using the new Edge. Is there a way that when you click on the Favorites button, that all of your favorites will appear without having to hover over the Other favorites folder icon? Windows ver 1909. Thanks 151321
  8. How to save and view the website in the Favorites in Microsoft Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to save and view the website in the Favorites in Microsoft Edge?: How to save and view the website in the Favorites inMicrosoft Edge? 21215
  9. Microsoft Edge Favorites not in default folder but availalbe in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Favorites not in default folder but availalbe in Edge: Since installing the November Windows 10 update (11/17/15) none of my favorites are being stored in the default Edge folder. While in Edge the favorites are available but when I go to the default folder they are not listed. Is there another location they may be being saved or...
  10. Create or Delete Folder on Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create or Delete Folder on Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar: How to: Create or Delete Folder on Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar How to Create or Delete Folder from Microsoft Edge Favorites Bar in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser added in Windows 10, and will be available across the Windows 10 device...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft edge not saving favorites

2. microsoft edge favorites not saving

3. edge not saving favorites

4. microsoft edge is not saving favorites,
  5. microsoft edge favorite not saving,
  6. edge favorites bar not saving,
  7. edge not saving favourites,
  8. favorites are not saving in edge,
  9. windows edge not saving favorites,
  10. favorites folder not reconginzed by edge,
  11. windows edge not saving favourites,