Windows 10: Microsoft Edge keeps closing tabs by itself

Discus and support Microsoft Edge keeps closing tabs by itself in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Whenever I try to open Microsoft Edge, It says this page is having a problem loading, and if i try opening a new tab, it closes it automatically,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by iiHyperCars2019, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Microsoft Edge keeps closing tabs by itself

Hi, Whenever I try to open Microsoft Edge, It says this page is having a problem loading, and if i try opening a new tab, it closes it automatically, then Microsoft Edge closes itself Microsoft Edge keeps closing tabs by itself 66b6b4a1-e3ef-4bcd-a7e9-2bb6190ddd4c?upload=true.png

:)

iiHyperCars2019, Sep 6, 2019
  2. mrgeek Win User

Turn On or Off Ask to Close All Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

SUCCESS ! I could not Reset in Apps & features because Edge is not listed. So I used the brute force method. Deleted contents of this folder -

*Arrow Reset Microsoft Edge to Default in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Browsers Email Tutorials

C:\Users\%username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe and the ran powershell (admin) command - Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml” -Verbose}

Opened Edge and a few tabs, checked the 'Always close ...' box and check registry and Voila, the entry is there and set to '0'

Microsoft Edge keeps closing tabs by itself [​IMG]

and dialog box doesn't open any more in subsequent openings and closings of Edge. Now to reset my faves and settings. *Mad Thanks for your suggestions, Brink. Cheers.

mrgeek, Sep 6, 2019
  3. Microsoft Edge keeps on closing after a few seconds of opening it

Edge is Awesome for Browsing. Seems like this is a problem that many users are facing.
    Do this: Disconnect your Internet and follow these steps

Steps: Microsoft Edge Closes Immediately after opening - Solved | Fix Errors

Windows10users, Sep 6, 2019
  4. Microsoft Edge keeps closing tabs by itself

Microsoft Edge: want to close current tab

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to keep cursor on the tab to the right corner and check if it show the Red Cross mark to close the current tab.

If the Red Cross mark does not show then I suggest you to run sfc scan and check if it helps:

SFC/Scannow checks your Windows installation for errors and corrects them. This will help with ensuring that a smooth upgrade occurs.

• Type Win + R on the keyboard
    • Type: CMD and hit OK
    • At the Command Prompt, type: sfc/scannow
    Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you further.

Thanks.

Mohammed Yaseer, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Edge keeps closing tabs by itself

1. Microsoft Edge keeps closing tabs by itself - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge keeps

2. microsoft edge keeps on closing by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft edge keeps on closing by itself: What should I do and when I go out of microsoft edge the screen is black and onlt shows the taskbar and recycling bin icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-keeps-on-closing-by-itself/c52b5c4c-5c9a-4cad-bd20-90fbe2c7cc31
  3. microsoft edge keeps on closing by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft edge keeps on closing by itself: What should I do and when I go out of microsoft edge the screen is black and onlt shows the taskbar and recycling bin icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-keeps-on-closing-by-itself/c52b5c4c-5c9a-4cad-bd20-90fbe2c7cc31
  4. microsoft edge keeps on closing by itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. The settings tab keep closing itself while i keep opening?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The settings tab keep closing itself while i keep opening?: Well i wanted to change settings but the settings keep closing itselfso when i open settings it just closed itselfDamn i cant open the settings window and i cant change and personalise either so yeah i need HELP!!!Well i tried restarting or shutdown my own pc but it keeps...
  6. The settings tab keep closing itself while i keep opening?

The settings tab keep closing itself while i keep opening?: Well i wanted to change settings but the settings keep closing itselfso when i open settings it just closed itselfDamn i cant open the settings window and i cant change and personalise either so yeah i need HELP!!!Well i tried restarting or shutdown my own pc but it keeps...
  7. Programs tabbing / closing by itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs tabbing / closing by itself: So I'm having 2 separated problems. One is programs mostly games tabbing out by itself though I can still go back to the window and then another problem is the program closing by itself. The 2nd problem is happening in every program including google chrome. After the program...
  8. Microsoft Edge Keeps Closing

Microsoft Edge Keeps Closing: Dear Microsoft Team, Is it possible for you to take a close look at your Microsoft EDGE, as there appears to be a serious error within the software to which Cannot be resolved by myself or a number of IT colleagues. I used to use until about 6 Months ago when it kept...
  9. Microsoft edge closing and repoening a tab

in Cortana
    Microsoft edge closing and repoening a tab: I have looked at the same question yet the methods do not work how to fix???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-closing-and-repoening-a-tab/e299e48b-3741-4de0-a6dc-0ee06ba1c335"
  10. Closing Out Tab in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Closing Out Tab in Edge: I use Edge browser and alot of the time I'm in full screen with multiple tabs open. I'm aware that ctl + tab will jump from tab to tab. My question, is there a shortcut on the keyboard to close out the tab I'm viewing and not close the other tabs? 126336

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft edge closes itself

2. microsoft edge keeps closing by itself

3. microsoft edge keeps closing my tabs

4. windows edge new tab closes,
  5. microsoft edge closing tabs,
  6. microsoft edge tabs close itself,
  7. edge closes tabs automatically,
  8. my windows tabs keep closeing on me