Windows 10: Microsoft Edge not Working

Discus and support Microsoft Edge not Working in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, I updated my windows 7 desktop to Windows 10. I made Google chrome my Default browser. Both Google chrome and Firefox are working perfectly.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by tippy, Apr 2, 2016.

1. tippy Win User

Microsoft Edge not Working

Hello,

I updated my windows 7 desktop to Windows 10. I made Google chrome my Default browser. Both Google chrome and Firefox are working perfectly. I tried to open Microsoft Edge but get errors such as: " Can't reach this page & make sure I have the right web address." . I' typing known web addresses i.e. Yahoo, iMore | The #1 site for iPhone, iPad, Mac, and all things Apple!. Can any tell me what I'm doing wrong? I want to use EDGE sometime WITHOUT making it my DEFAULT browser.

Any ideas/suggestions will be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

:)

tippy, Apr 2, 2016

2. microsoft edge not working

when I try to open microsoft edge, it closes immediately

NAMIK KEMALATAKLI, Apr 2, 2016
  3. microsoft edge not working

Open Start > Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot

Scroll down

Click Network adapters

Click Run the Troubleshooter

When complete, restart to see if the problem is resolved.

If not, press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Network adapters

Right click your adapter

Click Uninstall

Exit Device Manager, restart. Windows 10 should detect the network adapter then reinstall it. Check if you can connect and browse.

Option 2:

I want warn you in advance, fixing this issue is not easy. It requires working from the command line. Here is what you need to do:

Downloaded RegFix.zip from this page and extracted all the files to a folder.

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft...

Open the command prompt:

Open Start, type: CMD

Right click CMD

Click Run as Administrator

At the command prompt, use the CD command to navigate to the folder containing the extracted files.

If you don't know how to navigate to extracted files, learn how to do it using the instructions in this article:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/10-command-lin...

See the topic: 4: Navigate File System Using Change Directory (CD) Command

After navigating to the folder where you extracted the file Enter the command “set-executionpolicy unrestricted” (Without quotes) then type “A” (Without quotes)

Hit Enter

Type: “.\FixTcpipACL.ps1” (Without quotes) then hit Enter

Exit the command prompt, then restart.

If you still don't understand, don't hesitate to let us know. We can help you through it

Andre Da Costa, Apr 2, 2016
  4. Microsoft Edge not Working

When are in the "Where to Next?" page, you cannot use periods unless .com .gov .org, etc. For example: I want to search the Chevrolet 6.5 Turbo Diesel in a 1984 Chevy truck --> I cannot do what I just said because of the period between 6 and 5. Press the "Home" button and then you can use periods on the homepage which is MSN. You can change it to Google by simply:

1. Going to the triple dot in the top right corner
    2. "Settings"
    3. "Advanced Settings" in "Settings"
    4. Turn on "Show the Home Button" if you already haven't then
    5. Highlight what it says in the box under and change to Google and you should be able to go from there.

Now, when you go on Edge, always press the Home button, then you can be on your way. Even in a new tab.

Hope this helps your issue, if not please tell us what else is happening, or tell us if it worked or found a solution yourself.

Thanks! *Smile
    M

Edit: You know, I just thought of another thing. I had this problem before too, press "Search for what you want" and that should work as well. I had that problem when it said that Google had the wrong address when clearly I didn't.

Computer Chicken, Apr 2, 2016
  5. tippy Win User
    win10pro4life, thanks for replying to my post. Why does my Microsoft Edge show the following:

Microsoft Edge not Working [​IMG]

I think I need to go back and make Microsoft EDGE my DEFAULT browser to install it and THEN change it to google chrome. Let me know if this is or is not correct.

tippy, Apr 2, 2016
  6. You do NOT have to do that *Smile That is normal on ALL machines to have the "where to next?" mine does the same. You will have to press the Home button every time you open a new tab or window.

Computer Chicken, Apr 2, 2016
  7. tippy Win User
    its not working. I have another desktop that I install windows 10. the web browser is Microsoft edge as default. It works with
    google chrome and firefox. that is my problem, why desktop # 2 does not work with Google Chrome as the DEFAULT.

tippy, Apr 2, 2016
  8. Microsoft Edge not Working

I am on Edge and mine shows that as well it is normal

hTconeM9user, Apr 2, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    Since you installed Windows 10, was there a time when Edge was working ?
    If yes, do you remember when was that ?
    If yes again, please do a system restore. Pick a date when Edge was working as your restore point.
    System Restore Windows 10

davidhk, Apr 3, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    If system restore does not help, do a system file check to look for corrupt files. It will try to do repair if any found.

Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

Please post back the result.

davidhk, Apr 3, 2016
  11. tippy Win User
    I ran SFC/Scannow . Windows found no integrity violation. I did not think it would.

tippy, Apr 3, 2016
  12. davidhk Win User
    System Restore suggestion not applicable ?

davidhk, Apr 3, 2016
  13. Microsoft Edge not Working

Update to what I posted above
    What it is asking you is
    Do you want to read what comes up on that page or do you want to click the house button at top left hand corner to go to
    Bing Search
    Where you can then go to Oulook, Office. MSN etc

hTconeM9user, Apr 3, 2016
  14. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Apr 3, 2016
  15. tippy Win User
    no. I just upgraded 4/2/2016 to windows 10 pro and everything else works just fine. I think I need to RE-install Microsoft Edge.

tippy, Apr 3, 2016
Thema:

Microsoft Edge not Working

1. Microsoft Edge not Working - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Working

2. microsoft edge not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    microsoft edge not working: microsooft edge not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-not-working/fbbfdf7d-ff64-45f0-b571-6632c4dcfaa5
  3. microsoft edge not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft edge not working: microsooft edge not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-not-working/fbbfdf7d-ff64-45f0-b571-6632c4dcfaa5
  4. microsoft edge not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Edge sign in Not working

Microsoft Edge sign in Not working: I have got my PC for a few months and if you know how Microsoft edge signs you in then it will be a Dialog box for you to type in your Microsoft account email and passwordbut when I sign in, it appears for a split second and then closes automatically, sometimes it just...
  6. Microsoft Edge No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Edge No Longer Working: When I try to launch Microsoft Edge I get this error that the side by side configuration is incorrect. I've tried everything online to fix this and nothing seems to work....
  7. Microsoft Edge no longer working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Edge no longer working: [ATTACH] After installing the 2019-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 (KB4517211), Microsoft Edge no longer works. It is missing its icon and name, and upon opening the app it just crashes immediately....
  8. microsoft store,edge not working

microsoft store,edge not working: Though I'm connected to internet why microsoft edge,store showing me that I'm not connceted to internet...but at same time i can use any other browser...this is senseless and so irritating...and I want to know the **** reason....
  9. Microsoft Edge not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Edge not working: Hi, my computer says it's not connected to the internet so I'm using chrome instead. How can I tell Microsoft to let me uninstall and re-install Edge using Chrome rather than the useless microsoft browser?...
  10. Microsoft Edge Backups Not Working??

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Backups Not Working??: Edge for some time now has made a daily backup. Mine hasn't made one in the last two days. Even the C:\Users\Clayton\MicrosoftEdgeBackups\backups folder is missing from C:\ Drive. Anyone else seeing this? Any ideas are appreciated. 115059