Windows 10: Microsoft Edge tells me that I have no permission to download files? How can I fix that?...

Discus and support Microsoft Edge tells me that I have no permission to download files? How can I fix that?... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ThereWasAnAttempt_ [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ThereWasAnAttempt_, May 7, 2020.

1. Microsoft Edge tells me that I have no permission to download files? How can I fix that?...

/u/ThereWasAnAttempt_, May 7, 2020
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Downloading file in Edge creates erroneous file permissions

Hi John,

For better assistance, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Do you encounter the same issue with all the downloaded files through Microsoft Edge?
    • Can you provide us a sample screenshot of the file with "Unknown User?"

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, May 7, 2020
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Downloading file in Edge creates erroneous file permissions

After checking, we won't be able to delete since the unknown users with "S-1-15-..." SID are not listed in the Users directory. We suggest contacting our
    Microsoft Answer Desk for further assistance.

Regards.

Riel Alc, May 7, 2020
  4. Microsoft Edge tells me that I have no permission to download files? How can I fix that?...

How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

Hi:

I do not use Edge, but here is one suggested method (it dates from Aug 2015, but I presume the steps are still valid):

How to change the default Microsoft Edge download location - gHacks Tech News

EDIT: And here is a tutorial right here in tenforums.com:
    Microsoft Edge Downloads Folder - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Edge tells me that I have no permission to download files? How can I fix that?...

1. Microsoft Edge tells me that I have no permission to download files? How can I fix that?... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge tells

2. Can anyone tell me how to fix this

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can anyone tell me how to fix this: So weird things are happening with my computer for instance whenever I scroll it mangnifys or minimizes my screen whenever I scroll up or down whenever I play games it opens my menu or chat system and whenever I type it doesn't let me type and when I try to please j or I it...
  3. Can anyone tell me how to fix these corrupted files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can anyone tell me how to fix these corrupted files?: Hi community, am a new user to windows 11 as I was using the old window version 10 around two years ago. I was working with Ubuntu and Kali in the meanwhile, thought of switching back to windows to experiment. However, things didn't go right becuase I had to make multiple...
  4. Can anyone tell me how to fix these corrupted files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can anyone tell me how to fix these corrupted files?: Hi community, am a new user to windows 11 as I was using the old window version 10 around two years ago. I was working with Ubuntu and Kali in the meanwhile, thought of switching back to windows to experiment. However, things didn't go right becuase I had to make multiple...
  5. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can anyone tell me how to fix this?: so what happend is My mic isnt working so yeah i decide to uninstall realtek and install it again you KNOW what happend? when i download it my speaker wont work like i heard nothing when i turn off the headset i hear anything please help me i cant online class with this,...
  6. Can you tell me how i can download? Can you tell me how i can download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you tell me how i can download? Can you tell me how i can download: Can you tell me how i can download? Can you tell me how i can download a desktop/screensaver with current, real time weather wallpaper for my desktop windows pc? free? Thank you?...
  7. How can I tell if I have several Microsoft Accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I tell if I have several Microsoft Accounts: I cab log in and see my Media-PC. My Desk-top PC does not show on my MS online account which comes up under my name abbreviated as Mike. But If I go to settings your info I see my full name not abbreviated, If I want to make changes there, it asks me If I want to log on...
  8. My PC tells me that I need to have permission to delete something, how do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My PC tells me that I need to have permission to delete something, how do I fix this?: I literally created this machine and it has the audacity to tell me I need to get permission to delete a game file. submitted by /u/ajb617 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iuc06t/my_pc_tells_me_that_i_need_to_have_permission_to/
  9. I have the new Edge so stop telling me to download it

in Browsers and Email
    I have the new Edge so stop telling me to download it: I already have the new Edge yet I am constantly being prompted to download it on Bing etc. Popups, ribbons etc. I am tired of it. I guess MS can't even figure out I have their stupid new browser. 161252
  10. I have the new Edge so stop telling me to download it

in Windows 10 Support
    I have the new Edge so stop telling me to download it: I already have the new Edge yet I am constantly being prompted to download it on Bing etc. Popups, ribbons etc. I am tired of it. I guess MS can't even figure out I have their stupid new browser. 161252