Windows 10: Microsoft Edge – will not connect to the web

Discus and support Microsoft Edge – will not connect to the web in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello All. I have used this form for many answers but this is my first request for help. Hope I am in the right category, here goes. Microsoft Edge... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by dlddemon, Mar 28, 2018.

1. dlddemon Win User

Microsoft Edge – will not connect to the web

Hello All. I have used this form for many answers but this is my first request for help.
    Hope I am in the right category, here goes.

Microsoft Edge – will not connect to the web I keep getting this...

Microsoft Edge – will not connect to the web [​IMG]

Microsoft Edge Windows 10. Cannot connect to the internet.
    Hmmm...can’t reach this page, Details Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND
    Things I have tried... Please note none of these have resolved my problem even temporarily.
    -Restart my PC.
    -Clear all browsing history and data
    -install latest updates
    -Ran the system file checker, found errors and corrected them.
    -Windows key >Settings.>Apps.>Microsoft Edge>Apps and Features>Advanced Options> REPAIR
    -Change DNS settings in Windows 10.
    -about:flags in the address bar. to the Networking section and uncheck Enable TCP Fast Open,
    There may also have been other “fixes” that I tried without resolve
    Other browsers seem to work without any problem connecting to the internet.
    Internet Explorer can be called up and used in Windows 10 but is painfully slow
    Google Chrome is now my default browser.
    I am not a power user but I do like Edge so hope to get it back up and running.
    Any Ideas ? *Huh *Confused

:)

dlddemon, Mar 28, 2018

2. Where will Microsoft Edge save the Web Note when shared through OneNote?

I wish there was an option to saved it in desired location

Arun Teja Godavarthi, Mar 28, 2018
  3. Where will Microsoft Edge save the Web Note when shared through OneNote?

Once you save the web note ...

Click on the HUB button on the top right next then hover over the saved webnote you can see the address of the
    saved file location. This is a hidden location so you have to check the Hidden Items options in your folder view first.

Microsoft Edge – will not connect to the web [​IMG]

Arun Teja Godavarthi, Mar 28, 2018
  4. Callender Win User

Callender, Mar 28, 2018
  5. Callender Win User
  6. Callender Win User
    Just a note to say that if you change DNS also try switching off computer then resetting router via reset button. Once router is reset - switch computer on again.

Callender, Mar 28, 2018
  7. dlddemon Win User
    Thanks for your quick reply.
    Although I had tried changing the DNS in one of my earlier attempts I followed your instructions carefully but no joy.
    Still cannot access the internet using Edge. NOTE I was trying to connect to yahoo through Edge but the notice tried to connect using Bing and because Edge cannot connect to the internet Bing could not be found either. Any other ideas?

dlddemon, Mar 28, 2018
  8. Callender Win User

Those changes might need a reboot to take effect.

Only one. Check that DNS Client Service is enabled and flush DNS. If that doesn't work wait to see if anyone else can help.

Winkey+R then type services.msc then press Enter. Make sure that DNS Client service is running.

Flush DNS Resolver Cache in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

Callender, Mar 28, 2018
  9. dlddemon Win User
    DNS client service is running, flushed DNS Resolver Cache as per tutorial...but no internet connection through Edge. Thanks Callender! *Smile *Sad

Hello, is there anyone else with some ideas?

dlddemon, Mar 28, 2018
  10. dlddemon Win User
    ... if you don't want to upgrade your machine but want to perform a clean installation of Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, you can download the offline ISO file of Windows 10 Fall Creators Update using the same Media Creation Tool and then either create a bootable USB drive or burn the file to a DVD. Then you can install a fresh copy of Windows 10 Fall Creators Update in your PC. without losing any apps or programs.
    Not sure how I found this but was able to get an ISO file, extract setup and ran. It takes a while but everything was perfect.
    Check out this Download Windows 10
    Hope others find this useful.

dlddemon, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge – will not connect to the web - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge –

2. The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge: The only web browser that works on my computer is microsoft edge. Any other web browsers such as fire fox and google chrome do not work anymore. they open for a split second and then close. I have tried re-installing the web browser, checking for malware with malware bytes,...
  3. Introducing web capture for Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing web capture for Microsoft Edge: Since the release of the new Microsoft Edge, we have heard a lot of feedback about missing the web notes tool that allowed you to capture and mark up content across the web. Frankly, we’ve missed it too! But first, we wanted to make it better. While web notes was...
  4. Microsoft edge being bombarded with web attacks

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft edge being bombarded with web attacks: just tonight, ive had a total of 12 intrusion attempts on my pc using the new edge browser within a 2 hr window fake tech support website, malicious domain request, fake browser history injections etc and i have no idea what is causing it as it just now started tonight. can...
  5. Introducing Web Authentication in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Web Authentication in Microsoft Edge: Today, we are happy to introduce support for the Web Authentication specification in Microsoft Edge, enabling better, more secure user experiences and a passwordless experience on the web. With Web Authentication, Microsoft Edge users can sign in with their face,...
  6. Microsoft Edge - Incompatibility with Outlook Web App

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge - Incompatibility with Outlook Web App: Hi All My staff currently use the OWA when they connect to our server remotely via Juniper . Windows 10, in conjunction with the outlook web app and Microsoft Edge, seem to dissalow the attachments of items within an e-mail. When I open an e-mail, click on attach,...
  7. Web Notifications in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Web Notifications in Microsoft Edge: Starting with the most recent Windows Insider Preview release (build 14.14342), Web Notifications are enabled by default in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 PCs and tablets. This feature will be available to all Microsoft Edge customers in EdgeHTML 14, coming this summer with the...
  8. Microsoft Edge and Web Components

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge and Web Components: Editor’s note: This is part two of a two-part series on Web Components by Microsoft Edge engineers Travis Leithead and Arron Eicholz. To read more about our viewpoint and background on web components, please see part one, “Bringing componentization to the web: An overview of...
  9. Share Web Pages in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Share Web Pages in Microsoft Edge: How to: Share Web Pages in Microsoft Edge How to Share Web Pages in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and...
  10. Building a more interoperable Web with Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Building a more interoperable Web with Microsoft Edge: Over the past year the Microsoft Edge team has been hard at work on a new browser engine that will be better than ever at correctly, quickly, and reliably rendering the Web. As a user, your favorite web sites will just work, and as a web developer, you will find that...