Windows 10: Microsoft Family App limits still restricting apps even after removing a device.

Discus and support Microsoft Family App limits still restricting apps even after removing a device. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; After removing a laptop from my child's devices, it still shows up when setting apps and limits for other computers. It says that only one device is... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by J.Yee, Apr 15, 2020.

1. J.Yee Win User

Microsoft Family App limits still restricting apps even after removing a device.

After removing a laptop from my child's devices, it still shows up when setting apps and limits for other computers. It says that only one device is linked to my child's account but when I go onto the app and game limits page, it still says that limits will apply to the removed device.

:)

J.Yee, Apr 15, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

New App and Game Limits for Family Settings on Windows 10 and Xbox One

Source: New app and game limits empower parents with more specific settings | Windows Experience Blog

How to Set App and Game Limits of Microsoft Family Child on Windows 10, Xbox One, and Android

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twitter

Brink, Apr 15, 2020
  3. App and game limits - Microsoft Family

Suddenly my daughter gets messages she has to ask a parent for more time to use Chrome. App and game limits in Family is OFF and grayed out, I have never set any restrictions. How can this be fixed?

Remyvan Tol, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Sten2.0 Win User

Microsoft Family App limits still restricting apps even after removing a device.

Microsoft family restrictions

Hi,

You actually need your parent to turn off any restrictions on your account. I'm afraid you need to get yourself back to your family temporarily. These are the instructions for an adult account.

• Go to account.microsoft.com/family and sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • To remove a child, find their name, then select Content restrictions. Turn off any settings you may have enabled. Then go back to your family’s page, find the child’s name again, and select More options > Remove
      from family.
    • If you want to remove a child because they’re now an adult, or if an adult account has been misclassified as a child account, they’ll need to verify
      their account

I personally think you should be good without doing the third step, but I can't give you a guarantee.

Hope it does the trick. In case of any issues, I'm happy to help you more when needed. If it worked, please mark the answer as helpful.

Sten2.0, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Family App limits still restricting apps even after removing a device. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family App

2. After removing an account from microsoft family the save restrictions still apply.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After removing an account from microsoft family the save restrictions still apply.: I had restrictions on my account before when I was in a microsoft family but after removing myself from the family I still have the same restrictions. Microsoft please fix this this is so **** stupid....
  3. I am restricted to using an app with Microsoft Family, when I'm not even in a family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am restricted to using an app with Microsoft Family, when I'm not even in a family: So i turned on my pc today and wanted to open brave. browsing software. It didn't work and it said that I cant open brave because of the setting, Safer for family. I am not even inside a family...
  4. I am restricted to using an app with Microsoft Family, when I'm not even in a family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am restricted to using an app with Microsoft Family, when I'm not even in a family: So i turned on my pc today and wanted to open brave. browsing software. It didn't work and it said that I cant open brave because of the setting, Safer for family. I am not even inside a family...
  5. I am restricted to using an app with Microsoft Family, when I'm not even in a family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  6. removed device still appears in microsoft family 'app and game limits' tab

removed device still appears in microsoft family 'app and game limits' tab: In Microsoft Family under the tab 'app and game limits' I have four devices that have been removed. The apps on these old devices are all still being listed even though the device no longer exists. It is a real pain since the devices all have the same name. I want to add a...
  7. Family restrictions even after being removed from the Family

Family restrictions even after being removed from the Family: Hi, I was removed from my Microsoft family years ago, however I am still seeing restrictions on the New Microsoft Edge and other services on devices I signed into before this change. Why is this? I tried to find a way to change my account to local and then back to a...
  8. App and game limits - Microsoft Family

App and game limits - Microsoft Family: Suddenly my daughter gets messages she has to ask a parent for more time to use Chrome. App and game limits in Family is OFF and grayed out, I have never set any restrictions. How can this be fixed?...
  9. Windows 10 Family Restrictions still present even though removed from family

Windows 10 Family Restrictions still present even though removed from family: Hello. I recently logged into my m=Microsoft account on a new PC. My account was previously linked to a family and I was labeled as a child, but I have just removed myself from the family. However, I'm still unable to download certain pieces of software because of the...
  10. Microsoft Family Restrictions Still Persist After Removal of Child.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Family Restrictions Still Persist After Removal of Child.: As the title reads, after the child has been removed from the Family, the restrictions still persist. If the child requests for more time, there is an error stating there is no Internet connection. Is there any way to completely remove these restrictions?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft family safety xbox one exclamation point

2. microsoft family app limits