Windows 10: Microsoft keeping you updated on Windows Hello for Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft keeping you updated on Windows Hello for Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; At Microsoft, we take your device and account protection seriously, which is why we’ve been on a mission to eliminate passwords. Passwords can be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Microsoft keeping you updated on Windows Hello for Windows 10

Source: Keeping you updated on Windows Hello - Windows Experience Blog

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter

:)

Brink, Nov 20, 2018
  2. MrGenius Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Microsoft keeping you updated on Windows Hello for Windows 10 :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Nov 20, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Nov 20, 2018
  4. Reefer86 Win User

Reefer86, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft keeping you updated on Windows Hello for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft keeping updated

2. Windows Hello data keeps disappearing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello data keeps disappearing: Win 10 Pro 64-bit 22H2 OS Build 19045.3448This issue is occurring for a few users in the company that have biometric capabilities.We had the PIN and Biometric sign in options - it works once or twice and then we notice login reverts to password.When looking at the Windows...
  3. Windows Hello data keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello data keeps disappearing: Win 10 Pro 64-bit 22H2 OS Build 19045.3448This issue is occurring for a few users in the company that have biometric capabilities.We had the PIN and Biometric sign in options - it works once or twice and then we notice login reverts to password.When looking at the Windows...
  4. Windows Hello: NO THANK YOU :

Windows Hello: NO THANK YOU :: Hello,I was reminded of the annoying persistence Windows shows when wanting us to activate the Windows Hello feature.I was in a game, quite immersed into it, and well focused. And a Windows Hello just popped out of nowhere to ask me if I wanted to set it up^or be reminded in...
  5. Windows Hello: NO THANK YOU :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello: NO THANK YOU :: Hello,I was reminded of the annoying persistence Windows shows when wanting us to activate the Windows Hello feature.I was in a game, quite immersed into it, and well focused. And a Windows Hello just popped out of nowhere to ask me if I wanted to set it up^or be reminded in...
  6. Windows Hello: NO THANK YOU :

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 update windows hello

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 update windows hello: So i updated my really old hp notebook that never had facial recognition. But after the update it becomes available? I thought you needed ir for it to work. After booting up the notebook a welcome screen like interface appears just like when you buy a new windows 10 device....
  8. Hello microsoft 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hello microsoft 10: I bought a laptop that has Windows 10 hello installed and I'm trying to figure out if I can get past the fingerprint lock pin password lock send email to person but no response...
  9. Windows Hello keeps bothering me

Windows Hello keeps bothering me: I've a new PC with Windows 10 since mid March; it's setup with a local account to log in, not a Microsoft account, and it accepts Hello signing with this local account. So far so good. I don't want to sign with my Microsoft account as I don't need synchronization. Anyhow, I...
  10. No, Microsoft is not spying on you with Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    No, Microsoft is not spying on you with Windows 10: No, Microsoft is not spying on you with Windows 10 The Windows 10 privacy agreement doesn't mean Microsoft is secretly stealing the data from your hard disk. Where do people come up with these crazy ideas? By Ed Bott for The Ed Bott Report | August 27, 2015 -- 20:41...