Windows 10: Microsoft keeps trying to force Update 1903 onto my laptop

Discus and support Microsoft keeps trying to force Update 1903 onto my laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Lenovo Z50-70 laptop, with Intel I7 processor. Background: Spring of 2018, update 1803 killed my laptop (along with many thousands of others). Since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by cwilly8, Aug 13, 2019.

1. cwilly8 Win User

Microsoft keeps trying to force Update 1903 onto my laptop

Lenovo Z50-70 laptop, with Intel I7 processor.
    Background: Spring of 2018, update 1803 killed my laptop (along with many thousands of others). Since then I have told Windows that I have a "metered connection," so I can decide when to install updates. That method has worked fine until this week.
    A couple of months ago I tried to install Update 1903 using USB installation media. It got to the very end and failed, rolling back to 1803. A couple of weeks ago I tried again. Failed again.
    For the last couple of days, Microsoft has overridden my selection of "metered connection" to try to force the installation of 1903. Seven times it has failed and rolled back to 1803. It's waiting for a restart now, so it can fail again. (The definition of insanity... you probably know the rest.)
    Please, can someone tell me what to do to end this frustrating cycle?

:)

cwilly8, Aug 13, 2019
  2. jtjt00 Win User

Laptop fail to update to build 10586 ....

I have 2 desktops and 1 laptop. Both desktop update fine to build 10586 but the laptop keep saying up to date after check. Even try Lan connection still no go for laptop to update. Any suggestion to force laptop to update? All running Windows 10 Pro.

jtjt00, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Window 10, Version 1903 May Update

Andre:

1. Why are all of the links that you listed not completed. On my computer currently it has Windows 10 Home Version 1803, installed 6/29/2018 with O.S. Build 17134.799. It has used space of 187 GB and 257 GB of free space.

I attempted to install Version 1903 Manually, through Settings/Windows Update, Windows 10 Update Assistant, and other ways without success. I have spent the better part of the past 3 days trying to get this accomplished on my laptop. It has worked on my
    PC but not on the laptop.

Listed below are the different error messages that I get after the download stops each time at 90% and converts back to previous settings:

a. Windows 10, Version 1903 error message (0x80240034)

b. We couldn't install this update, but you can try again (0x800703fb)

c. We couldn't install this update, but you can try again (0xC1900101 - 0x4000D)

d. Feature update to Windows 10, Version 1903, We couldn't install this update, but you can try again (0x80070652)

If there are ways to get this latest update installed on my laptop, please let me know what I have to do in detail, step by step.

David

explorer446, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Microsoft keeps trying to force Update 1903 onto my laptop

Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft keeps trying to force Update 1903 onto my laptop

1. Microsoft keeps trying to force Update 1903 onto my laptop - Similar Threads - Microsoft keeps trying

2. Hi, I’m trying to download rekordbox onto my laptop but it keeps coming up saying it isn’t...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, I’m trying to download rekordbox onto my laptop but it keeps coming up saying it isn’t...: Any help on this matter would be great. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-im-trying-to-download-rekordbox-onto-my-laptop/0cc3a535-a877-4895-ba9e-d134e7c1a306
  3. Hi, I’m trying to download rekordbox onto my laptop but it keeps coming up saying it isn’t...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi, I’m trying to download rekordbox onto my laptop but it keeps coming up saying it isn’t...: Any help on this matter would be great. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-im-trying-to-download-rekordbox-onto-my-laptop/0cc3a535-a877-4895-ba9e-d134e7c1a306
  4. Hi, I’m trying to download rekordbox onto my laptop but it keeps coming up saying it isn’t...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microsoft forced an update and broke my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft forced an update and broke my pc: Windows forced an update on my computer yesterday and when I booted my computer up today I had an "attempting repairs" pop up rather than my usual windows start up screen. These updates are infuriating and I don't want them anymore. I don't want to upgrade to windows 11...
  6. Microsoft 10 forced update blacked my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft 10 forced update blacked my laptop: Who do i talk to about replacing my laptop and the intellectual property on it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-10-forced-update-blacked-my-laptop/51c6d77e-5bfa-4f23-898f-866d0fa26641
  7. Windows update forcing broken drivers onto my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update forcing broken drivers onto my laptop: I've encountered this issue regarding the windows update and my Dell Inspiron. For some odd reason, people like me who have an AMD A6-6310 with Radeon R4 seem to have issues with the latest AMD Drivers. The newer drivers cause the entire pc to freeze up every few seconds....
  8. Microsoft forced update destroyed my system.

Microsoft forced update destroyed my system.: A forced Microsoft update process, underway today without my knowledge when I shut down my up-til-then perfectly functioning Windows 10 tablet, has completely destroyed the Windows bootup. Automatic Recovery cannot fix it. There is no system restore point. The system is...
  9. I'm trying to download a windows update 1903 on my Windows laptop but i keep running into...

I'm trying to download a windows update 1903 on my Windows laptop but i keep running into...: I have a windows 10 laptop it had a virus on it for 2 years.When i removed it i saw my version of windows was 1607 and i'm trying to update it to 1907 but i keep on getting errors.I tried updating from windows assistant and tried renstalling windows but it wont let me....
  10. Failed Forced v.1903 Update...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Failed Forced v.1903 Update...: The automatic forced update to v.1903 on my system failed during the night a couple of days ago. The v.1903 update took 11.5 hours to download/install and another hour to do the update. Then another hour to download and install two additional updates. No errors listed in...