Windows 10: Microsoft Now Allows Windows 10 Home Users to Disable Auto App Updates

Discus and support Microsoft Now Allows Windows 10 Home Users to Disable Auto App Updates in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I can because it hasn't messed around with my AMD graphics card(CCC) since. *Ditto Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Aug 27, 2015.

1. LEE
    Lee Win User

Microsoft Now Allows Windows 10 Home Users to Disable Auto App Updates

*Ditto

2. Cliff S New Member

It's not how old or new the drivers are, that I'm worried about. It's how stable and specific for my system, they are.

Cliff S, Aug 29, 2015
  3. Antilope Win User
    This thread is about Windows Store Apps and how updates are handled for those Store Apps and how you can control those updates.

I don't believe this news refers to regular Windows Updates or regular hardware driver updates.

Antilope, Aug 29, 2015
  4. Victek Win User

Victek, Aug 29, 2015
  5. fredc Win User
    Yup, i'm with you , the auto update is one of the things i like about Win 10 and i think it's a good thing overall since a lot of computer users don't keep track of important updates.

This particular thing seems it's about app updates which i am not sure are security related (don't laugh people) , yes it's true, i am not playing dumb here , i am dumb when it comes to this stuff.

Agreed , i used to look for the latest drivers and found that every new one that i installed performed no better than the older ones , stability is whats important.

fredc, Aug 29, 2015
  6. danxmanly Win User
    And for those of us that don't want to blindly install an app that is "supposed" to be an update, yet breaks some functionality... we can wait and read the reviews from those like you before taking the plunge. Thanks! Microsoft Now Allows Windows 10 Home Users to Disable Auto App Updates :)

danxmanly, Aug 29, 2015
  7. Rocky Win User
    You're absolutely correct. It has nothing to do with regular Windows Updates.

Rocky, Aug 29, 2015
  8. CountMike New Member

We are talking updates, not new Apps.

CountMike, Aug 29, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member
    Although it(the store) has re-installed apps I uninstalled and had to re-uninstall. I can't remember all but Sports, Money you know the MSN ones.

Cliff S, Aug 29, 2015
  10. CountMike New Member
    Nothing I unpinned came back. Of the live tiles I keep only News, Weather and Maps. Actually I'd rather have an option to uninstall updates than to stop them, if I could choose that is.

CountMike, Aug 29, 2015
  11. Cliff S New Member
    No way to do that for an app. That would be the same as uninstalling an update to a desktop program such as Ccleaner, it can't be done. You can uninstall and install an older version and turn updates off in the program though. Maybe if the store had an app graveyard with older versions

Microsoft Now Allows Windows 10 Home Users to Disable Auto App Updates [​IMG]

Cliff S, Aug 29, 2015
  12. Gary Win User
Thema:

1. Microsoft Now Allows Windows 10 Home Users to Disable Auto App Updates - Similar Threads - Microsoft Allows Home

2. Windows 10 Home Auto Restart - disable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home Auto Restart - disable: I am utilizing a Windows 10 System with 32 gigs to support my virtualbox test systems. Windows continues to restart ending those sessions without shutting them down. Thus, messing up my vitual machines. Any ideas to stop this other than buying another pro license?...
  3. Windows 10 Home Auto Restart - disable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home Auto Restart - disable: I am utilizing a Windows 10 System with 32 gigs to support my virtualbox test systems. Windows continues to restart ending those sessions without shutting them down. Thus, messing up my vitual machines. Any ideas to stop this other than buying another pro license?...
  4. Windows 10 Home Auto Restart - disable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Disable Auto Update for particular apps in Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Disable Auto Update for particular apps in Microsoft Store: How to disable auto updates for a particular apps in Microsoft Storew?I want to disable Armoury Crate auto updates from Microsoft Store but want auto update for other apps. How to do it? Thanks....
  6. Microsoft confirms it will allow Home users to delay Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms it will allow Home users to delay Windows 10 updates: The reports suggested that Microsoft will allow users with Windows 10 Home license to pause updates for a maximum of 35 days. In the latest announcement, Microsoft has confirmed that all Windows 10 users will be allowed to delay feature and monthly updates for a certain...
  7. Microsoft will finally allow Windows 10 Home users to pause updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft will finally allow Windows 10 Home users to pause updates: Windows 10 can download and install updates automatically when they are available. Although users are supposed to keep their desktop OS up-to-date, sometimes we might have good reason to delay an update. For example, your favourite application is incompatible with the update...
  8. able to disable automatic updates on win 10 home now?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    able to disable automatic updates on win 10 home now?: I was thinking about ordering win 10 home retail version on flash drive from new egg but, I wanted to verify I would be able to disable the Microsoft auto updates first? I wanted the retail version with key since I upgrade motherboards etc. sometimes and want to be able to...
  9. Microsoft will allow users to disable telemetry

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft will allow users to disable telemetry: As per Gordon Kelly,Microsoft has decided to allow users to completely disable telemetry in a future update (later this year) as I see it,this is pretty big news! will Microsoft stick to their word? time will tell... http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonke.../#16deb9603974 40546
  10. Windows 10 Home cannot disable automatic "app" updates?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Home cannot disable automatic "app" updates?: I don't use these garbage "apps", nor do I have a Microsoft Account attached to my computer. Why am I forced to update these bloatware, preinstalled "apps" automatically? [img] 15544