Windows 10: Microsoft password does not work on 1 device but works on others

Discus and support Microsoft password does not work on 1 device but works on others in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I have 2 windows 10 laptops. I can login to the first laptop using my Microsoft account and password but I am not able to login to the 2nd one... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by StrawberryFarmer, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Microsoft password does not work on 1 device but works on others

Hello, I have 2 windows 10 laptops. I can login to the first laptop using my Microsoft account and password but I am not able to login to the 2nd one using the same Microsoft account. I used to be able to sign in using PIN on the 2nd laptop. Now it requires me to enter a password; but it does not accept my Microsoft account password. How can I resolve this?

:)

StrawberryFarmer, Feb 11, 2020

2. Bluetooth not working on laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Method 1: Run Hardware Troubleshooter.

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Hardware and Devices. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.
    If this doesn't work, you might have to uninstall and then reinstall the latest Bluetooth drives from the manufacturer's website.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    my password stopped working

Hello Fishbait, and welcome to Ten Forums. Microsoft password does not work on 1 device but works on others :)

OPTION THREE in the tutorial below can help show you step by step on how to reset your Microsoft account password online. Be sure to leave the PC that has this issue connected to the internet and running for it to eventually sync with the new password.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...a.html#option3

Brink, Feb 11, 2020
  4. veldthui Win User

Microsoft password does not work on 1 device but works on others

USB devices not working

Since my PC was updated to Windows 10 I have been having trouble with USB devices not working. It appears the drivers do not load or do not work. Example is my Saitek rudder pedals. They appear to be fully installed and appear in the device list but they do not work. I go into the device manager and update the driver to the exact same driver and it works.
    I plug in my iPhone and it is recognized as an iPhone but appears in the Other Devices with a yellow exclamation. A check and it says there are no drivers. Manually find the drivers and update them and it is good until I pull it out. Next time I plug it in same thing.
    Phantom 3 pro wont show the disk drive and have to load in a generic disk drive driver and all good. This list goes on.

I have found no suggestion on the net that help me so far.

Anyone else had this issue and have they solved it?

Thanks.

veldthui, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft password does not work on 1 device but works on others

1. Microsoft password does not work on 1 device but works on others - Similar Threads - Microsoft password does

2. Mouse not working, but other USB devices work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse not working, but other USB devices work: I just recently got a new mouse, and now it's not working. I tried using my old mouse but it didn't work either. I tried using a USB Hub but it still wouldn't work. The only thing that works is if I charge my phone using my laptop USB port. Is this a software or a hardware...
  3. Mouse not working, but other USB devices work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse not working, but other USB devices work: I just recently got a new mouse, and now it's not working. I tried using my old mouse but it didn't work either. I tried using a USB Hub but it still wouldn't work. The only thing that works is if I charge my phone using my laptop USB port. Is this a software or a hardware...
  4. Add Bluetooth or other device button does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add Bluetooth or other device button does not work: Hi, every time I click the Add Bluetooth or other devices button the blue circle appears on my mouse for a moment and nothing happens. I can't open the Add Bluetooth or other devices window. Tried SFC Scannow, numerous reboots, Windows updates, and many more....
  5. Add Bluetooth or other device button does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add Bluetooth or other device button does not work: Hi, every time I click the Add Bluetooth or other devices button the blue circle appears on my mouse for a moment and nothing happens. I can't open the Add Bluetooth or other devices window. Tried SFC Scannow, numerous reboots, Windows updates, and many more....
  6. Add Bluetooth or other device button does not work

7. BSOD with incorrect password the password is correct and is working on other devices

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with incorrect password the password is correct and is working on other devices: Hi, I did some updates a week ago. Suddenly my windows entered Blue screen of death and it is asking for a password on all steps. I am entering my microsoft account password but it's saying "password is incorrect". The password is correct and is working on other...
  8. USB Hub stops working in 1 port, works in the other. Former port still works with other devices

USB Hub stops working in 1 port, works in the other. Former port still works with other devices: Hello, I have a USB hub/ethernet-adapter I have been using in a port on my laptop closest to ethernet accessibility. Recently, it has stopped functioning in this port. It does not show up, it does not load the driver, it is unusable. The mouse and keyboard I have used in the...
  9. Microphone not working on PC (but working on other devices)

Microphone not working on PC (but working on other devices): I have a headset with a built in mic and an adapter that connects the single audio jack to both the headphone and microphone ports on a PC. I logged on to the family pc for the first time in a few months and noticed that the microphone only picked up a static sound, no actual...
  10. password and a Microsoft Complaint URL does not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    password and a Microsoft Complaint URL does not work: Can anyone explain why my password is not accepted by Microsoft sign-in when I have two password programs that store my passwords and sign me in automatically? NOTE:I tried to contact the Microsoft complaint dept. at the link below, the link doesn't work any longer. Hmmmmm...