Windows 10: Microsoft photo viewer does not work

Discus and support Microsoft photo viewer does not work in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; or whatever it's name is, the default app that opens photos doesn't work at all, when I click on any photo it's says "the app didn't start" Add to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by iboibo1, Aug 24, 2019.

1. iboibo1 Win User

Microsoft photo viewer does not work

or whatever it's name is, the default app that opens photos doesn't work at all, when I click on any photo it's says "the app didn't start"
    • Add to Phrasebook
      • No word lists for English -> Arabic...
      • Create a new word list...
    • Copy
    I "repaired" it and "reset" it nothing worked.
    • Add to Phrasebook
    • Copy
    • Add to Phrasebook
    • Copy
    • Add to Phrasebook
    • Cop
    • Add to Phrasebook
    • Co

:)

iboibo1, Aug 24, 2019
  2. Dutch Win User

Need help with getting "Choose a default" to work in Photo Viewer

Hello again. You are correct about that, meaning, I did state I had tried "open with".

Turns out, by simply using "open with" the problem was not solved. By taking the extra step after selecting "open with" and not selecting Photoshop there as one would expect to work, but instead selecting "choose another app" and then selecting Photoshop listed there, the setting held. It's certainly a convoluted way of selecting one's desired photo viewer.

Thanks again.

Dutch, Aug 24, 2019
  3. iko22 Win User
    How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

Microsoft photo viewer does not work [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Aug 24, 2019
  4. becca Win User

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10  

Thanks! I tried it, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. I'm sure it's probably something I did on my end....

I tried the 'undo' but photo viewer was still there after I did that. I did step #3 again and it's still the same. I can still rearrange, but can't view in that order. I don't see the photo viewer listed twice under 'open with'.

Any insights? Thanks!

becca, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft photo viewer does not work - Similar Threads - Microsoft photo viewer

2. Photo viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo viewer: hi my photo viewer isn't working on windowa 10 I have a Lenovo laptop and every picture I click a message comes up showing this (the app didn't start) and have tried several times and from different sources such as usb phone after connecting it dosent open any pictures....
  3. Photo Viewer

Photo Viewer: Hello again, I guess in my zealousness to remove the default apps, I must have also deleted the old photo viewer. I searched and everything I find says to download it from the store, my problem is that I also removed the store. Anyone know of a place to download the old...
  4. Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo Viewer: Hi I recently upgraded my camera from a canon t6i to a canon 6d mk ii. Now that I upgraded I cannot view my .CR2 files (RAW) anymore. They would preview just fine with my old camera in raw or .cr2 form. Why can't I preview my new cameras .CR2 files (raw) now?? It completely...
  5. Win 10 Photo viewer not working

Win 10 Photo viewer not working: I don't know what happened but for the past week or so the Win 10 Photo Viewer App has quit working. I've done a search on this and it seems like others are having the same problem. I've tried resetting the app, no luck, tried the troubleshooter, no luck, I even uninstalled...
  6. My photo viewer does not show the pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My photo viewer does not show the pictures: My photo viewer does not show the pictures. I click on the extra large view button and nothing happens, so I clicked on the large view button, on and on but none of the pictures show up. How can I get that fixed?...
  7. Photo Viewer not working

Photo Viewer not working: My default microsoft photo viewer app has not been working! It crashes as soon as soon as it is opened and the message displayed is "File system error (-2147219196) I've tried all the commands on powershell, I have repaired and reset the app, and even uninstalled and...
  8. Photo Viewer

Photo Viewer: After a recent update I can no longer use the photo viewer, the tile does not respond and nothing happens when I pop my SD card in. I used it with no problems on windows 8.1. I have tried various settings using auto play to no avail. 25474
  9. Photo Viewer

Photo Viewer: One thing I really miss from Win 7 is the photo viewer. When I first used Win 10 it was an upgraded machine, so it was still there. Can you tell me, is it still included in the installation software? I would like to find out how to enable it, if it is. 105236
  10. Photo Viewer does not show photos in sorted order

Photo Viewer does not show photos in sorted order: I store both RAW (CR2) and JPG versions of all my photos, with each folder sorted by type. Before Windows 10 this allowed me to view all the JPGs without the CR2 (which take longer to load). The new version insists that I view both! How do I restore the original...