Windows 10: Microsoft Photos, Groove Music, Movies & TV update fails - 0x80070005 error

Discus and support Microsoft Photos, Groove Music, Movies & TV update fails - 0x80070005 error in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Couldn't find my original thread since it seems it's not possible to easily locate own created threads in Microsoft's pages. So need to make a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kolzig73, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Kolzig73 Win User

Microsoft Photos, Groove Music, Movies & TV update fails - 0x80070005 error

Hi,

Couldn't find my original thread since it seems it's not possible to easily locate own created threads in Microsoft's pages. So need to make a new thread

I updated to Windows 10 from Win7 last autumn and everything worked well.

Some weeks ago the Microsoft Store started malfunctioning with it's updates and it seems three apps are failing to install.

Microsoft Photos, Groove Music, Movies & TV update fails every time I try to update those. Also an error came up when trying to open any pictures on my PC that the app didn't start. I found some older help thread in Microsoft's webpages where someone suggested running PowerShell and removing the app through there and reinstalling through the Microsoft Store.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-the-app-didnt-start/d9914e29-51d9-484a-a9be-77799e8382c1?auth=1&page=1

I got the app removed with that instruction, but the reinstalling always fails.

I have Windows 10 Pro version 1909.

It seems this error 0x80070005 seems to be a general issue that this operating system has as there seems to be a lot of open threads regarding the same errors?

:)

Kolzig73, Feb 27, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft updates Movies & TV and Groove Music apps on Windows 10

Read more: Microsoft updates Movies TV and Groove Music apps on Windows 10

Microsoft Photos, Groove Music, Movies & TV update fails - 0x80070005 error [​IMG]
    Tip How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10

Brink, Feb 27, 2020
  3. guyp2k Win User
    Adding Media to Groove Music and Movies and TV Apps

I have all my media, music and movies sitting on a ReadyNAS 516 and have the shares mapped to Win 10 just fine. I can access all my media from the OS and other applications just fine. The issue is when I add "where to look" from both Groove Music and Movies and TV app, they never pick up my media and add to the available media for playback.

Very frustrating, any suggestions?

Thanks

guyp2k, Feb 27, 2020
  4. Microsoft Photos, Groove Music, Movies & TV update fails - 0x80070005 error

Movies & TV, Groove music - WIN 10

Hi Adrian,

We appreciate you being part of Windows 10.

I understand that you want to use hotkeys for Movies & TV and Groove music app on Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know whether are using Desktop/Laptop. As the options and keys vary on Desktop and Laptop.

THIRD PARTY LINK DISCLAIMER

Disclaimer: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third
    Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Reference: I suggest you to refer the below articles for more information about Movies & TV and Groove music app.

What is the Microsoft Groove Music app?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/what-is-the-microsoft-groove-music-app

What is the Microsoft Movies & TV app?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/what-is-microsoft-movies-tv

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Photos, Groove Music, Movies & TV update fails - 0x80070005 error

1. Microsoft Photos, Groove Music, Movies & TV update fails - 0x80070005 error - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos Groove

2. Microsoft Photos and Microsoft Movies and TV Error Code: 0x80070005

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Photos and Microsoft Movies and TV Error Code: 0x80070005: I've been having this problem for so long and I think this is the time that I will have to post this. This is the picture I've captured where the error is being always occurred. By the way, this problem is also occurring in MICROSOFT PHOTOS APP which is I MOSTLY NEEDED....
  3. Microsoft Photos and Microsoft Movies and TV Error Code: 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos and Microsoft Movies and TV Error Code: 0x80070005: I've been having this problem for so long and I think this is the time that I will have to post this. This is the picture I've captured where the error is being always occurred. By the way, this problem is also occurring in MICROSOFT PHOTOS APP which is I MOSTLY NEEDED....
  4. Microsoft Photos and Microsoft Movies and TV Error Code: 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Groove music, photos and movies and TV. It does not work

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Groove music, photos and movies and TV. It does not work: Hi. Groove Music, Photos and Movies & TV don't work on my Windows 10 Pro view. 20H2. I don't know what happens, this error appears when I try to open a video or a photo or even an MP3 file. Tried the troubleshooter but it didn't fix anything. Is there any way to fix this...
  6. Groove music, photos and movies and TV. It does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Groove music, photos and movies and TV. It does not work: Hi. Groove Music, Photos and Movies & TV don't work on my Windows 10 Pro view. 20H2. I don't know what happens, this error appears when I try to open a video or a photo or even an MP3 file. Tried the troubleshooter but it didn't fix anything. Is there any way to fix this...
  7. Groove music, photos and movies and TV. It does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Groove music, Photos and Movies & TV. Not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Groove music, Photos and Movies & TV. Not working: Hi. Groove music, Photos and Movies & TV Are not working on my Windows 10 Pro I don't know what's wrong, I'm getting this error when i try to open a video or photo or even MP3 file [ATTACH] Is there is a way i can fix this? I tried troubleshooter but it fixed nothing....
  9. Error 0xc00d4e86 in Xbox Music, Movies & TV, Groove Music, WMP apps

in Windows 10 News
    Error 0xc00d4e86 in Xbox Music, Movies & TV, Groove Music, WMP apps: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]In today’s post, we will examine the cause and then provide the remediation to the error 0xc00d4e86 you might encounter with Windows 10 native media like Xbox Music, Windows Media Player, Groove Music, or Movies & TV apps when you [...] This post Error...
  10. Microsoft updates Movies & TV and Groove Music apps on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft updates Movies & TV and Groove Music apps on Windows 10: With its launch of Windows 10, Microsoft also took the opportunity to rebrand its Xbox entertainment apps on the new OS. Xbox Music was relaunched as 'Groove', while Xbox Video became 'Movies & TV' (or 'Film & TV' in some markets). Now, a couple of weeks after the OS began...
Tags: