Windows 10: Microsoft please stop making things difficult in Edge!

Discus and support Microsoft please stop making things difficult in Edge! in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; 1) When I open a new tab (in Edge) theres a very good chance I know what website I want to go to so why don't you make the url box viewable by default... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by BRKING, Sep 19, 2015.

1. BRKING Win User

Microsoft please stop making things difficult in Edge!

1) When I open a new tab (in Edge) theres a very good chance I know what website I want to go to so why don't you make the url box viewable by default when you open a new tab? Why do I need to click the empty space to make the url box open? Whats the advantage of doing this? Anyone know how to make it stay viewable when opening a new tab?

2) How do I get Edge browser to stop the "Heres how you make a note in Edge" popup animation? I didn't care the first time why would I care after the 500th popup? How do I turn these off?

/end rant

:)

BRKING, Sep 19, 2015

2. After Windows 10 Creators Update can not connect my Windows CE device via Windows Mobile Device Center

This information needs to go on the WMDC download page, and probably everywhere WM 6.x information can be found.

Microsoft, please stop making things more difficult than they need to be.

AndreArtus, Sep 19, 2015
  3. PJH#.- Win User
    Can I remove Edge and go back to IE11 on W10?

Hi, you can go to your taskbar search for default apps and change your browser in the list. Just click on Edge and when it opens click IE11 and set it as default.

My problem is you can't import your favorites from Edge to IE. Microsoft always makes things difficult when they should be so simple.

PJH#.-, Sep 19, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 19, 2015
  5. BRKING Win User
    why move the url box from the top to the middle of the page?

BRKING, Sep 19, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    A couple of questions first:
    Do you have Block pop-ups turned on in advanced settings?
    Do you have Send DO Not Track requests turned on too?
    And lastly, and if yes, probably the cause, are you clearing Edges's browsing data all the time, using either the built in option or Ccleaner? I mean session, cache, history, and all cookies, basically re-setting the browser back to zero all the time.

Cliff S, Sep 19, 2015
  7. BRKING Win User
    no and no

BRKING, Sep 19, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You could use the "Top sites and suggested content" option to have the address bar at the top.

Brink, Sep 20, 2015
  9. BRKING Win User
    What does that have to do with the missing url box at the top of the page? I don't want "suggested searches". I want a url at the top of the page where I can type in my websites and have it autofilled. I don't want to sue MS's search box that shows a limited number of websites that often are NOT what I am looking for.

BRKING, Sep 20, 2015
  10. Edwin New Member
    I don't understand why you have to click twice on all lot of things in Edge to invoke them!? *Confused

Edwin, Sep 20, 2015
  11. Cliff S New Member
    I was going to say something probably dumb & snide sounding when written, but not when spoken, so I went and looked at my other browsers and opened new tabs, you have a point, and I'll take it further...

Why even have a search box at all in the browser? I mean the address bars in all of them are now Omniboxes right? I only use the Omnibox and never the search field since the major browsers have added the extra functions to the URL box. So I can see your point, now that I have thought a bit about it*Smile

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft please stop making things difficult in Edge! - Similar Threads - Microsoft please stop

2. Microsoft's already fantastic. Please stop messing with a good thing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft's already fantastic. Please stop messing with a good thing.: Microsoft products already do everything, and, for the most part, they do them just fine. Please stop improving them and focus on making them uniform across platforms. Please clean up the Microsoft help pages and eliminate obsolete pages. Please stop moving things. I am sick...
  3. Microsoft's already fantastic. Please stop messing with a good thing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft's already fantastic. Please stop messing with a good thing.: Microsoft products already do everything, and, for the most part, they do them just fine. Please stop improving them and focus on making them uniform across platforms. Please clean up the Microsoft help pages and eliminate obsolete pages. Please stop moving things. I am sick...
  4. why is Windows 11 making things more difficult in so many ways

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is Windows 11 making things more difficult in so many ways: I have just ''upgraded'' to a new windows laptop running windows 11, I now cannot post comments on MSN, can type into the comments box but it simply will not post when send is pressed, also I cannot send any attachments successfully atached to emails in outlook live, any...
  5. why is Windows 11 making things more difficult in so many ways

why is Windows 11 making things more difficult in so many ways: I have just ''upgraded'' to a new windows laptop running windows 11, I now cannot post comments on MSN, can type into the comments box but it simply will not post when send is pressed, also I cannot send any attachments successfully atached to emails in outlook live, any...
  6. Please make Cortana stop!

Please make Cortana stop!: Hi everyone, I have tried, Spydish, Debotnet, O&O Shutup10 and a random Uninstall Cortana.cmd. to stop/delete Cortana. I also disable it in Task Manager. Each time I reboot, the bloody thing is back using 21% of my CPU. I have the latest 10 update as of 21.07.2020 Is there a...
  7. Please make Cortana stop!

in Windows 10 Support
    Please make Cortana stop!: Hi everyone, I have tried, Spydish, Debotnet, O&O Shutup10 and a random Uninstall Cortana.cmd. to stop/delete Cortana. I also disable it in Task Manager. Each time I reboot, the bloody thing is back using 21% of my CPU. I have the latest 10 update as of 21.07.2020 Is there a...
  8. Why does Microsoft make it difficult to complain to Microsoft, about Adobe making it so...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does Microsoft make it difficult to complain to Microsoft, about Adobe making it so...: With just about any other program, I would simply go and uninstall the program from Windows ad/remove - most good programs will also include their own uninstaller. But not so for Adobe CC and this is not good. I tried using the normal/standard Windows interface, I went to...
  9. Microsoft account makes networking more difficult?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft account makes networking more difficult?: I've been using standard networking since win95, when it was so easy anybody could do it. It keeps getting more difficult. I had to learn in Win7 that you had to type in a permission name that wasn't even in the list "Everyone" and grant it the desired permissions. Seems...
  10. Microsoft Edge Cache Database - please make it stop!

Microsoft Edge Cache Database - please make it stop!: Just installed Windows 10. Microsoft Edge stinks, so I continue using Chrome, using IE11 for a backup. I run CCleaner regularly, usually more than once a day. Disregarding the notion of whether I ought to be running it that often, I write to complain of the message I get...