Windows 10: Microsoft restores downloads of Windows 10 November Update

Discus and support Microsoft restores downloads of Windows 10 November Update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Down loading now. Got it. *Smile Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Microsoft restores downloads of Windows 10 November Update

Down loading now.

Got it. *Smile

Buddy Kidd, Nov 24, 2015
  2. KACI Win User

Quick download. Didn't take long at all. Whatever the fix it must not been too involved.

3. So any difference between the ISO downloaded prior to the removal versus the one now available?

blackbirdabhi, Nov 24, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Microsoft restores downloads of Windows 10 November Update

It's smaller, for some reason, (3.04GB), but it's still 10586.0

Edwin, Nov 24, 2015
  5. Interesting, so clean installs using that old iso would be still valid assuming MS hasn't blocked those.

6. larc919 Win User
    Creation date on the current ISO file is Nov 12, same as the original one. Both x64 files are 3.8GB, so I'm assuming they are exactly the same.

larc919, Nov 24, 2015
  7. Actually makes no sense as to why they removed it in the first place if the issue could be fixed with a simple patch update.

8. Craig Win User

I downloaded the iso using the media creation tool and burned to a dvd...I just wanted to have it as a back up in case i would need to do a clean install again....I was just wondering what would happen if i used this iso in the future (let us say, 6 months from now) would it give me the current build or the latest updated version at the time i made the install? Anyone have any idea of what would happen?

Craig, Nov 24, 2015
  9. davidhk Win User

davidhk, Nov 24, 2015
  10. Craig Win User
    @davidhk: Thanks....i wasn't sure how that worked....i thought maybe it gets the latest files when you do the install, but apparently not, then...In that case i would need to download a newer file at the time i am going to install it...

Craig, Nov 24, 2015
  11. Can the MCT flash drive be used to update an existing Windows 10 installation?

nigelmercier, Nov 24, 2015
  12. I just did a clean install. During setup it fetched the latest updates. After it was complete everything was up to date even the patch released today. I think if u were to use the ISO six months later, it may get the updates online (unless its a major update) and then install.

13. Fafhrd Win User

I would hope that in the future, major updates would arrive with a lower frequency, and that minor updates and patches would carry on with the evolution of the OS in an incremental fashion, such as migration of Control panel applets to Settings. A major version upgrade should introduce major benefits and improvements, detailed in advance of the upgrade, without creating new hindrances to productivity, shocks to the users' modus operandi and sudden systems failure.

Fafhrd, Nov 24, 2015
  14. bleeper24 Win User
    Hi all
    New member here ...... and just saying "Thanks " for pointing me toward a successful update source for my Windows 10 Pro install which refused to accept the Threshold update sources previously offered .......
    After trying various methods via Media Creation Tool and various ISO downloads , my system kept reverting to the older Build version on each attempt ........The link provided by this forum has finally resulted in a troublefree update to the latest build of Windows 10 Pro ......Many thanks for your sound advice ........Best regards ......... Ed *Smile

bleeper24, Nov 24, 2015
  15. davidhk Win User
    Yes. It is because the ISO file you download today, for example, is for version 10586.
    6 months from now, Microsoft might release a new version which will have a new ISO file. Therefore, you will need to download the new ISO.

davidhk, Nov 24, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft restores downloads of Windows 10 November Update - Similar Threads - Microsoft restores downloads

2. Microsoft Windows November 2020 update not installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Windows November 2020 update not installing: I tried to do the November 2020 yesterday 11/10/20, however after reaching installation 100% it stops. I then repeatedly get a message telling me to "retry" there is also an error code 0x80070005 I have "retried" multiple times. I have also rebooted, but I keep getting...
  3. Download Windows 10 November 2019 Update ISO images

in Windows 10 News
    Download Windows 10 November 2019 Update ISO images: Windows 10 November 2019 Update ISO images are available, allowing users to quickly upgrade from any version of Windows. You can download ISOs of Windows 10 November 2019 Update if you want to install the OS from scratch. Windows 10 ISO images are available through...
  4. Windows 10 November update

Windows 10 November update: I have twice updated and after each time my PC was unusable. Excel and Word had defaulted to a black background with yellow font. LastPass was the same with the added problem that most features, e.g. viewing settings were unreadable. I had to revert to the older Windows 10...
  5. Microsoft unlocks Windows 10 November 2019 Update in the Update Assistant

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft unlocks Windows 10 November 2019 Update in the Update Assistant: Windows 10 administrators have multiple options at their disposal when it comes to upgrading Windows 10 devices to new versions of the operating system. Home administrators may use Windows Update, Microsoft's Media Creation Toolkit, the Update Assistant, or third-party...
  6. windows 10 november update

windows 10 november update: Is the November Windows 10 update for the home edition too? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-november-update/45232e5a-3805-44fd-ad49-5276f13dcd7f
  7. Microsoft announces Windows 10 November 2019 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft announces Windows 10 November 2019 Update: The next Windows 10 feature update is called “Windows 10 November 2019 Update” and it will begin shipping to consumers in the coming weeks. In a new announcement, Microsoft today confirmed that they are ready to roll out the next feature update for Windows 10. The release...
  8. Windows 10 November Update Unavailable?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 November Update Unavailable?: Hello, I recently tried to update the newly released Windows 10 update However, after installation it said that the update has failed. I clicked on "Retry" but nothing happened. Re-checked for new updates but says device is up to date. I restarted to see if the update would...
  9. Windows 10 - November Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - November Update: I went through the process of updating my pc and everything went fine. The system did the updates, it got through all the screens. I got back to the desktop and suddenly I got a BSOD. The BSOD was really bad as BSOD goes, every time the computer would get to the login screen...
  10. Microsoft has pulled the Windows 10 November Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft has pulled the Windows 10 November Update: Microsoft has pulled the Windows 10 November Update from Windows Update 30988