Windows 10: Microsoft rolls out Windows DVD Player for Windows 10 users

Discus and support Microsoft rolls out Windows DVD Player for Windows 10 users in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Back in May, Microsoft confirmed that it was killing off Windows Media Center, with no further updates on the way, and no direct replacement in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft rolls out Windows DVD Player for Windows 10 users

If you have Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional or Ultimate, or Windows 8/8.1 with Media Center or Pro Pack, your PC will be eligible to install the new app free of charge. But rather than downloading it from the Store, as with most apps, Windows DVD Player will be automatically downloaded to your PC for you when you upgrade to Windows 10. As Microsoft explains:

Q: What do I have to do to get the free app?
    A: Soon after upgrading to Windows 10, the free Windows DVD Player app will be automatically downloaded via Windows Update, but you can speed up this process by going to Settings from the Start menu, selecting Update & security, and then click Check for updates. You should see a new update available that begins to download, which will install the free Windows DVD Player app.

:)

Brink, Jul 28, 2015

2. Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 error: "THIS TOOL CANT UPGRADE YOUR PC"

•If you have Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8 Pro with Media Center, or Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center and you install Windows 10, Windows Media Center will be removed.

Upgrade to Windows 10

It does say you can upgrade.

Microsoft is supposed to allow you to download a free DVD player software soon, to replace that capability in Media Center.

More details here:

Windows 10 System Requirements Specifications | Microsoft

What language is your Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center?

Gerry C J Cornell, Jul 28, 2015
  3. yunex989 Win User
    Is Microsoft DVD Player is free for user that upgrade windows 8.1 with windows media center to windows 10?

You said Microsoft DVD Player is free for user that upgrade windows 8.1 with windows media center to windows 10. I had windows 8.1 pro with media center and upgrade to windows 10 pro but it isn't free for me.

Changing the title

Old title – Microsoft DVD Player

New title- Is Microsoft DVD Player is free for user that upgrade windows 8.1 with windows media center to windows 10?

yunex989, Jul 28, 2015
  4. Microsoft rolls out Windows DVD Player for Windows 10 users

I upgraded from Win 8.1 with Media Center and have no such app that I can find.

fracking4oil, Jul 28, 2015
  5. Chris2005 Win User
    Unfortunately, the player has no blu-ray disc support, lol. So purchasing a third party program takes care of playing DVD's too.

I loaded this player up early though, said to put in a DVD. *Tongue

Chris2005, Jul 29, 2015
  6. Trust_No1 Win User
    I don't consider this even a close solution. I upgraded from 8.1 to 8.1 Pro (costing and extra $100) then paid an additional $10 for Media Center. They should have honored the original bargain and allowed those that had Media Center to keep it. They didn't have to make it available as an option in 10.

Oh well, I could care less what Microsoft does any longer. Windows 10 for me is for like a 4 in my scale.

Trust_No1, Jul 29, 2015
  7. Anyone have screenshots? Also, I hope eventually everyone can use this.

nosecureboot, Jul 29, 2015
  8. Chris2005 Win User

It's rather simple:

Microsoft rolls out Windows DVD Player for Windows 10 users [​IMG]

Chris2005, Jul 29, 2015
  9. LittleJay Win User
    Yeah, I just noticed I have the DVD player in All Apps, but haven't tried it out yet.

LittleJay, Jul 29, 2015
  10. bbinnard Win User
    Sorry, but no BluRay support renders this product useless.

bbinnard, Jul 29, 2015
  11. Geneo Win User
    Not very well integrated. You can't mount an iso and play it.

Geneo, Jul 29, 2015
  12. Can anyone confirm?

13. Microsoft rolls out Windows DVD Player for Windows 10 users

Thanks.

14. Guess I get screwed out of my DVD player for installing from ISO after the upgrade was (slightly) buggy. *Sad

fracking4oil, Jul 29, 2015
  15. I hope they come out with a Bluray player. It will be paid of course but it could maybe be licensed by manufacturers. Not sure how.

FuturDreamz, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft rolls out Windows DVD Player for Windows 10 users - Similar Threads - Microsoft rolls DVD

2. Media Player Roll Out Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Player Roll Out Windows 11: I was reading online today in TechRadar Windows articles that the new Media Player released to the Insiders Program in November is available from the store to those with W11 build 22000.346 or later. I have later build than quoted but cannot find Media Player. Is this article...
  3. Media Player Roll Out Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Player Roll Out Windows 11: I was reading online today in TechRadar Windows articles that the new Media Player released to the Insiders Program in November is available from the store to those with W11 build 22000.346 or later. I have later build than quoted but cannot find Media Player. Is this article...
  4. windows 10 dvd player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 dvd player: Hello I am trying to load a software program with my dvd player that is built in to my pc and now with windows 10 updates it no longer reads disk it shows up in device manager and bios and under devices and drives. the lights on the drive show it trying to operate and no read...
  5. Microsoft confirms Windows 10 Flash Player-killer update is rolling out

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Windows 10 Flash Player-killer update is rolling out: Adobe has stopped supporting Flash Player and it has actively started blocking content from running in the player. Adobe “strongly recommends” that all users immediately uninstall Flash Player from Windows 10 to protect their devices and organizations from attacks. In an...
  6. Windows DVD Player 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows DVD Player 10: did not work!! I have requested a refund twice wit no response at all. At least answer the request even if the answer is no https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-dvd-player-10/f06f704d-5b7c-4c02-b434-5ccfcd4ce298"
  7. Microsoft is rolling out new Office app to all Windows 10 users

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is rolling out new Office app to all Windows 10 users: In December 2018, Microsoft launched a new Office app for Windows 10 users enrolled in the Insider program to simplify your work with the company’s productivity suite. The app is simply called Office is now rolling out to consumers and it replaces the MyOffice app which comes...
  8. No DVD player with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No DVD player with Windows 10: Why is there no DVD player available with my HP Windows 10 computer. How cheap can you get? I will never ever buy a crappy Windows PC ever again. Its al. about your stupid scheming BS to screw the aveerge person buying your 3rd grade computers. I wish I had never bought...
  9. Windows 10 DVD Player

Windows 10 DVD Player: When I first upgraded to windows 10, you installed everything for free, even upgrades. Now, Microsoft, removed the DVD player from the Media Player, and expect us to pay for it if we want the dvd player back. Everything worked fine until that upgrade. Now you tell me WHY,...
  10. Windows 10 DVD Player

Windows 10 DVD Player: So I noticed that the Windows 10 DVD Player was released by Microsoft. However... why is it asking me to pay $14.99 for it? I upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate (so I have 10 Pro), and I had read that it would be free to those customers. 15894