Windows 10: Microsoft Store Backups

Discus and support Microsoft Store Backups in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Look I hate to sound like an angry customer but the Microsoft Store is probably the worst platform for gaming I've ever come across. I have pretty much... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ChrisAllday1, May 1, 2020.

1. Microsoft Store Backups

Look I hate to sound like an angry customer but the Microsoft Store is probably the worst platform for gaming I've ever come across. I have pretty much the worst internet you can have so downloading 50GB is a no go for me, luckily I have a friend near me that I can drive to to pick up files if I need, that is for games that can actually be backed up... I've been looking forward to Sea of Thieves for so long now and when I finally get around to play it and fetch it from my friend, it turns out you cannot access the folder the game is stored in, Microsoft blocks you. Secondly if you go to Apps and Features and move the files it deletes it from your current hard drive, so my friend said it's okay I'll do that and re download it. So I had files on my external. When I got home and tried to locate these files it couldn't find them, but when I tried to install the game to the same directory and canceled the download, it deleted the 50GB that were moved there from my friend so how could it not find it, don't ask me. This is shocking, steam has a big shiny button for backing up game files I don't see how MICROSOFT is so far behind the times, it's actually a joke, please resolve this.

:)

ChrisAllday1, May 1, 2020
  2. Bokenzhe Win User

Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

Question

• Microsoft Store Backups [​IMG]

Applies to

5 views Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

My backup stubbornly refuses to run. I can't run the initial backup, therefore the file history backups don't run either. This has been an ongoing problem for quite some time. Suggestions I've received have not worked so far. Following is the problem
    and the failed resolution attempts:

• I get this message from the Event Log:

Unable to scan user libraries for changes and perform backup of modified files for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID - 201

Level: Error

User - System

*** ---- There is no config file at this directory location. The contents of the location are:

catalog1

catalog2

config1

config2

• In another thread from July, someone suggested checking a particular service (I forget the name just now) is running. It is.

• Two days ago a Microsoft employee suggested the following steps. These steps resulted in no change, still no backup:

KA

Karthicka_R replied on

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to start and stop the services “Windows backup” and “volume shadow copy” and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+R” and in the run command box type “services. MSc”.
    • Search for the service “Windows Backup” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not, click on “OK” button. I suggest you to stop and start the service again.
    • Once done again search for the service “Volume shadow copy” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not. I suggest you to stop and start the service again, click on “OK” button and
      check whether you can perform backup successfully.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

• I performed these steps multiple times. The backup still crashes, with the same error message. In addition I collected the following error message, but only one time:

Unable to start a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID: 200

• Can anyone help me with this stubborn problem?

Thank you in advance.

Bokenzhe, May 1, 2020
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, May 1, 2020
  4. harrymc Win User

Microsoft Store Backups

Missing icons for Trusted Microsoft Store Apps in Start Menu search and taskbar

Below are some troubleshooting steps in ascending order of severity.
    Before starting, take careful backups including a system image.
    I suggest using for that
    AOMEI Backupper Standard Free.
    Create also the AOMEI boot CD or USB and test that it can boot and can see
    both your system disk and the disk where the image backup is stored.

To reinstall all Store apps for the current account :

1. Open Windows PowerShell as Administrator
    2. Copy and paste the command below in PowerShell, and press Enter

3. Wait for this to finish and reboot.

If this does not work, Windows is in bad shape.
    Start by checking the integrity of system files :

1. Open an elevated Command Prompt (cmd) or an elevated Windows PowerShell.
    2. In the elevated command prompt, execute the command below :

3. Reboot

If this does not help, follow the steps outlined in the article

How to Repair Windows 10 Image using DISM.

If the problem is still there, we start getting into the heavy stuff.
    Execute
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade.

harrymc, May 1, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Store Backups

1. Microsoft Store Backups - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Backups

2. Is there any way to Backup and Restore my Microsoft Store games ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to Backup and Restore my Microsoft Store games ?: So, last night i had to reinstall my OS, unfortunately i completely forgot about my Games that i downloaded from Microsoft Store. One of them was Forza Horizon 5 which was 100+GB in size and because of that, now i need to download that big game again from 0% which is sucks...
  3. Is there any way to Backup and Restore my Microsoft Store games ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to Backup and Restore my Microsoft Store games ?: So, last night i had to reinstall my OS, unfortunately i completely forgot about my Games that i downloaded from Microsoft Store. One of them was Forza Horizon 5 which was 100+GB in size and because of that, now i need to download that big game again from 0% which is sucks...
  4. Microsoft Authenticator backup not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Authenticator backup not working: HiI have setup Microsoft Authenticator exactly one month before. I have added 3 2FA accounts as of yesterday and added 2 more today. I wanted to check how good the backup is working as the accounts I'm adding in 2FA are rising. I installed Authenticator in another mobile...
  5. Microsoft backup programs, questions....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft backup programs, questions....: I've been on a quest to find a backup system for Windows that is: Easy to use visually for folks with vision issues. That includes me. :- Easy for a newbie to understand by simply reading the information provided on the screen. All aspects actually work. Preferably has a...
  6. microsoft store game backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    microsoft store game backup: Hi i am trying to take backup for 1 file from windows apps where my game files are stored.. windows dosent allow this tho and i dont have acces to cahnge permissions either what to do i just want to copy or rename this .dll file...
  7. Any way to backup Microsoft Store apps and games?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Any way to backup Microsoft Store apps and games?: Forza Horizon 4 took ages to download, and my connection is TERRIBLE (like 3 mb/s terrible) and our monthly data cap isn't very high as it is, so I'd either have to back this game up somehow, or just not redownload it again any time soon. Anyway, is it possible to backup...
  8. Microsoft Azure Backup

Microsoft Azure Backup: Hi, The dates in the 'last backup time' section of the Azure Backup Agent has reset to 01/01/2001 12:00:00, even though the backups have ran successfully the past few days. How can I change it back to actual time of the last backup time? Thanks, Wendy...
  9. Microsoft Backups

Microsoft Backups: How about creating a user friendly backup set up. One page all the info I need to set up the back up. Settings that delete the old files/backup so I don't have to click**** start over. If it was simple enough to just see my dated backups, I could just delete the old ones...
  10. Microsoft Edge Backups Not Working??

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Backups Not Working??: Edge for some time now has made a daily backup. Mine hasn't made one in the last two days. Even the C:\Users\Clayton\MicrosoftEdgeBackups\backups folder is missing from C:\ Drive. Anyone else seeing this? Any ideas are appreciated. 115059