Windows 10: Microsoft Surface Book Marvell wifi-chip issue with ndis.sys

Discus and support Microsoft Surface Book Marvell wifi-chip issue with ndis.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, My Surface Book (1) suddenly became slow today: mouse freezes, keyboard doesn't register typing, and when opening the Task Manager I see the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GerjanDekker, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Microsoft Surface Book Marvell wifi-chip issue with ndis.sys

Hi,

My Surface Book (1) suddenly became slow today: mouse freezes, keyboard doesn't register typing, and when opening the Task Manager I see the process 'System Interrupts' on 100% (and then quick back to 1-5%, but still I experience the slowdowns).

After searching and scanning with LatencyMon, I saw that it was the process ndis.sys.

I tried to disable some devices in Device Manager, and after disabling the Marvell wifi-chip, the issue was solved. Of course I need wifi, but I found the cause is in the wifi chip.

The current Marvell AVASTAR-driver version installed is: 15.68.9112.23. I don't see a newer driver online, and I cannot revert to an older one.

I also did a PC refresh (where Windows deletes all apps, but keeps your files), but this didn't help unfortunately.

I also did a scan with Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware, Malwarebytes found nothing and SuperAntiSpyware only found tracking cookies (which I deleted).

I really don't know what to do now, are there fixes or drivers somewhere that can fix this issue with the Marvell chip in my Surface Book?

I have the i5 8GB 256GB version.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Gerjan Dekker

:)

GerjanDekker, Dec 8, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (05 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, Dec 8, 2018
  3. sygnus21 Win User
    A closer look at Microsoft's new Surface Book laptop Surface

They're not selling overclocked systems here; and it's still a notebook so heat is still an issue. It's not like you can water cool the thing Microsoft Surface Book Marvell wifi-chip issue with ndis.sys :)

As for which is which, all you have to do is visit MS's Store - Microsoft Surface Book - scroll down to Tech Specs.

Anyway it says 6th gen processors so... here's a list of Intel's 6th gen mobile processors

sygnus21, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft Surface Book Marvell wifi-chip issue with ndis.sys

Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book - Feb. 13

Source: Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book (13 February 2018) Surface

See also:

Brink, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Surface Book Marvell wifi-chip issue with ndis.sys

1. Microsoft Surface Book Marvell wifi-chip issue with ndis.sys - Similar Threads - Microsoft Surface Book

2. Surface Book 2 constantly crashing with iacamera64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Book 2 constantly crashing with iacamera64.sys: I'm getting constant crashes maybe average once every 2 days usually when my Surface Book 2 has been in standby for a while and I come back to my PC to resume. The BSOD indicates iacamera64.sys, with stopcode: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION-NOT_HANDLED. This has been happening for...
  3. Surface Book 2 Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller driver High DPC Latency Issue...

Surface Book 2 Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller driver High DPC Latency Issue...: Hi Guys, This is not a question, but a suggestion for solving DPC latency issues. I had severe DPC latency issues on my 15" Surface Book 2 due to theMarvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller driver ndis.sys. I searched ages for a solution, but never found it....
  4. Surface Book 2 Wifi Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book 2 Wifi Issues: Windows 10 version: 10.0.18363.836 Wifi Driver version: Marvell Semiconductor, Inc 15.68.17017.115 Seems as though I am not the only one with this issue. But I cannot reliably connect or use my existing home's wifi 2.4Ghz band or the 5.0Ghz band at all. Super low/weak...
  5. surface book 2 persistent issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    surface book 2 persistent issues: I have been experiencing issues quite often with my Surface book 2 this past month and a half. The issues consist of crashing. rebooting and browser issues. Chrome has been giving me issues and cant do work without an issues, id rather use this PC than my school one. I kept...
  6. Microsoft surface book 1 touchscreen issues

Microsoft surface book 1 touchscreen issues: I have a surface book 1 and at first I had phantom touch issues but when I installed a newer version of Windows 10 it went away. But when I updated to the latest version of Windows 10 the issue came back. So I reset the device and downloaded all the drivers and now I have a...
  7. Surface Book Wifi problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book Wifi problem: I have recently purchased a Surface book and in the process of setting up updated to the latest version of Windows 10. 1909. This appears to have killed the WIFI and Blue tooth. In Device Manager I can see the Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller, but it is...
  8. marvell avastar issue after 31 July update on surface book 2.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    marvell avastar issue after 31 July update on surface book 2.: Hi there. So I have that problem after my last update. After update I lost my Marvell wi-fi adapter on my SB2. There is some unknow device – but I can’t install it because there are some kind of problems with installation (please see attached pic). And I also can’t...
  9. Many issues with Surface Book 2

Many issues with Surface Book 2: I have been having many issues with my surface book 2 lately. Some of them are the following: 1. Random and continuous USB disconnect sound. 2. Overheating during sleep mode (specially inside backpack). 3. Keyboard sometimes stop responding. 4. The search stops...
  10. Cursor Issue with Surface Book 2

Cursor Issue with Surface Book 2: I have recently bought Surface Book 2; a week ago. Now I am facing issues with cursor disappearing making me chase the cursor and at times freezing. It is really annoying. As I do not use the mouse. Can anybody help me to resolve this issue? if this problem persists for a few...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ndis.sys for surface

2. marvell avastar driver causing slow loading pages

3. microsoft surface book bsod system service ndis

4. surface marvell wifi,
  5. marvell avastar sleep mode surface book 2,
  6. surface book 2 marvell avastar,
  7. windows 10 surface book wlan very slow marvell avastar