Windows 10: Microsoft testing renaming Photos app to Story Remix in Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft testing renaming Photos app to Story Remix in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; At Microsoft's Build 2017 developer conference earlier this year, the company announced the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (FCU). Saying that it wants... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft testing renaming Photos app to Story Remix in Windows 10

[/quote]
    Read more: Microsoft says it will, or won't, rename the Windows 10 Photos app to 'Story Remix'

Brink, Aug 18, 2017
  2. lx07 Win User

Go Dona! Lovin' it.

How about renaming regedit "#NinjaCats - hooray" as well.

:)

3. Windows 10 Story Remix on Fall Creators Update 1709

Story Remix is in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709.

Make sure your Photos app is updated by going to the Windows Store then updating it.

Also, you have to close and open the app to make sure the Story remix features are setup.

You can access the Story remix interface by doing the following.

Open Photos

Select the Photos and videos you want to use in your video

Click Add to (+)

Click Video

Give it a name

Click Create

You should then be in Story Remix

Drag and drop your photos and videos anyway you like

Add titles, filters, background music etc

Learn more:

Story Remix for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Preview

Andre Da Costa, Aug 18, 2017
  4. Microsoft testing renaming Photos app to Story Remix in Windows 10

Andre Da Costa, Aug 18, 2017
  5. larc919 Win User
    I think it's best to have a name that says unambiguously what something is. Story Remix doesn't, IMO.

larc919, Aug 18, 2017
  6. Windows Photo Viewer sounds good.*Wink

Josey Wales, Aug 18, 2017
  7. Edwin New Member
    *chuckle

Edwin, Aug 18, 2017
  8. Microsoft testing renaming Photos app to Story Remix in Windows 10

It works Great!*Thumbs

Josey Wales, Aug 18, 2017
  9. Edwin New Member
    See......,

That really irks me!
    They spend time re-writing that batch of code to call it Story Remix, flight it out to Insider PC's all over the world and it's a stupid name anyway!
    Work on something that needs fixing for frig sakes!!!

Edwin, Aug 18, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 18, 2017
  11. +1 from me...

AnthonyRalph, Aug 18, 2017
  12. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    +1
    And works best a viewing photos too!

13. cereberus Win User

cereberus, Aug 18, 2017
  14. Edwin New Member
    *sarc

Edwin, Aug 18, 2017
  15. Feedback Hub is more for a general feedback, it is mostly ignored, unless something gets a lot of attention. Twitter is considered to be used by more experienced users and watched by more caring Insider team.

TairikuOkami, Aug 18, 2017
Thema:

1. Microsoft testing renaming Photos app to Story Remix in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft testing renaming

2. Photo Story 3

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Photo Story 3: I recently replaced my bootable hard drive, and lost my Photo Story 3. Where can I down load the program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-story-3/7b547585-870a-4dfb-b891-f807c4fe69b4
  3. Photo Story 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo Story 3: I recently replaced my bootable hard drive, and lost my Photo Story 3. Where can I down load the program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-story-3/7b547585-870a-4dfb-b891-f807c4fe69b4
  4. Story Remix music

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Story Remix music: Hi, I recently started using Story Remix. However, I noticed that there is only one song in the library; Happy Beat. In online tutorials I see that there are a lot more songs to choose from. Also is it possible to to sync the video clips to the beat of custom music?...
  5. Story Remix

Story Remix: Buenas tardes: No puedo descargar Story Remix Gracias https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/story-remix/fcee9880-804c-48e9-ba20-830706a2daf1
  6. Can't find Windows Story Remix in Windows Update, Version 1809

Can't find Windows Story Remix in Windows Update, Version 1809: I just updated Windows 10 yesterday so that I could get windows story remix which I read is a replacement for windows movie maker that I so loved. The update that I downloaded is version 1809, build 17763.195. I don't seem to have Windows Story Remix in the photo app. Where...
  7. Video Editing/Remix Missing From Microsoft Photos App

Video Editing/Remix Missing From Microsoft Photos App: In the past few weeks, I have been using the video editor feature in the Photos App on my laptop (latest Windows 10 build, Insider) However, I have noticed yesterday that the feature is missing. I have tried everything including resetting, uninstalling and reinstall, talking...
  8. Story Remix not offered in Photos for Surface Pro?

Story Remix not offered in Photos for Surface Pro?: I can't get Photos app to offer the Story Remix option no matter how I open it. It's definitely the latest version. I'm running an older Surface Pro, Windows 10 Home. Really need the Remix transition facility....
  9. Story Remix - video drag-in and 3D effects ?

Story Remix - video drag-in and 3D effects ?: I'm just playing with Story Remix for the first time, and I can't seem to drag and drop videos in, mp4 of mpg2 ones. I also can't seem to see the 3D effects button. I can drag and import any photos but not video. Does 3D only work with video? 99753
  10. Microsoft Scrambles to Deliver on Its Story Remix Promises

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Scrambles to Deliver on Its Story Remix Promises: It’s fair to say that the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update will fall short of what Microsoft promised at Build 2017. But the software giant is now scrambling to add Story Remix, one of the best Build keynote demos, to Windows 10 in time for the update’s October 17 launch....