Windows 10: Microsoft: Windows 10 Users Should Say No to Chrome and Firefox

Discus and support Microsoft: Windows 10 Users Should Say No to Chrome and Firefox in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I removed how brink has shown in his Tutorial but did it before he posted about it The guide there is for showing how to enable or disable IE in 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Microsoft: Windows 10 Users Should Say No to Chrome and Firefox

The guide there is for showing how to enable or disable IE in 10 not actually for installation or complete removal. Internet Explorer - Install or Uninstall in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums[1]=Networking%20Internet

I simply went directly to the IE program to create the new shortcut from the main exe file itself in order to see IE push Edge aside. When looking Edge over besides finding the present version actually too limited for more then a fast browse I was taking notes on how the new side bar will actually allow for more options then you would see in the present form of IE. Edge can be expanded on but the question of course will be "When"?

Chrome is one in it's finished form that still appeared like a beta browser when tried briefly and dumped fast here. Previously I would have even preferred Opera over Chrome or even FF while the 64bit Waterfox generally took over for IE when you couldn't keep multiple browser windows open and keep IE 9, 10, and 11 all from crashing while I haven't given 11 anywhere near the same amount of time as 9 and 10 saw between 7 beta and SP1 time back in 2010 when I had to select another browser to work with.

That was also a time when I actually tried out Netscape's Navigator 9 the last of that line along with whatever browsers were still available to download while several no longer being developed but discontinued entirely. IE only saw progress following IE 7 replacing the IE 6 mess and is now actually a bit outdated when considering the OSs are starting to pass where the browsers tend to leave off.

Night Hawk, Oct 25, 2015

2. Believe me it does uninstall it from the System, I don't have it anywhere on my system

hTconeM9user, Oct 25, 2015
  3. RonCFL Win User
    My Chrome is still alive and kicking .. What's up with yours ...*Wink

RonCFL, Oct 25, 2015
  4. Microsoft: Windows 10 Users Should Say No to Chrome and Firefox

I wasn't referring to any total removal but the basics there. It's the other guide that explains how to pin IE onto the Start and Taskbar once you have checked IE 11 in the turn on/off features section in the CP there. Internet Explorer - Open in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Here I never even had to go into the Control Panel at all when finding the IE folders were intact in both Program Files and PF(x86) folders and simply pinned the 64bit flavor of IE. As for simply seeing IE gone entirely just remember any number of older apps will open IE windows automatically when first installed, when going to select the purchase option, to get to the help, and when uninstalling some will still see their web page opened up. IE has been the standard for so long you may run into a situation where IE will need to be put back on.

Night Hawk, Oct 25, 2015
  5. haven't used it yet. july 29 vanguard of windows 10 users.

lopedoggie, Oct 25, 2015
  6. You won't be missing much at this time except a quick peek at what could prove to be something sometime to come later once it is finished! This is the updated layout that see a change in appearance as far as the layout being more touch screen friendly compared to the dropdown menus presently seen with most browsers especially IE. Point and Click and Point and Click is what MS is veering away from to a certain extent in order to come up with a working browser good for multiple platforms.

Night Hawk, Oct 25, 2015
  7. Have not used IE11 since taking it off 6 weeks ago and I have been on over 200-300 sites and never had any trouble getting on them, in fact I can get on them better with out any freezes or pop ups telling me internet explorer has to close.
    Reading some of the posts I see several members now trying it instead of IE 11 or FF or CHROME.

hTconeM9user, Oct 25, 2015
  8. Microsoft: Windows 10 Users Should Say No to Chrome and Firefox

Good luck to them while it's still far being a finished ideal replacement for IE. As for IE freezing up I contended with that back when 7 was first launched and finally gave up when IE 10 was first seen having already found a working alternate with Waterfox which turned out to be much better then FF as well as being a 64bit browser for the improved security.

The one thing I have noticed with IE as well as with Waterfox when in 10 not seen in 7 is when going to click on the link for any forum reply 10 requires you to right click on the link itself to a thread like this and select the open in new window or tab option while in 7 I would simply click the link and automatically see a new window open on it's own!

In IE you saw the option for opening any new link in a window instead of tab there you won't find in Waterfox, FF, Opera, Chrome, etc. you still end up needing a right click if you want to keep the first window open to where it is. Yet if I click on any link someone posts that will see a new window open up rather then being moved off of the thread itself.

I still have a folder full of browsers for Windows to try out on 10. Palemoon, Seamonkey, Iceweasel, Opera(older flavors not the latest), Netscape Navigator 9.0, Flock, and a few other things to try out. I doubt those will be seeing any long term use at this time however.

Night Hawk, Oct 25, 2015
  9. Well, I am still missing the extensions, but as I have left LastPass (because of LogMeIn) and switched to KeePass, I have found a way to use my password database even with Edge - so now I am on the Edge...ehm. And it just works for me. (my favorities/bookmarks are on Pinboard.in)

Olivir2014, Oct 25, 2015
  10. Trust_No1 Win User
    I love Chrome, it has it's flaws but nothing close to the flaws of Edge. LOL they have to convince me to use Windows 10 first, then Edge. I consider both of them to be dogs. They offer nothing and take away to much of what i use. They are both a waste of my time and effort, why would I want to switch from windows 7 or 8, doesn't make sense.

Trust_No1, Oct 25, 2015
  11. Here I solved that by deciding to dual boot rather then opt to simply replace one for the other. I also set 10 up on a second desktop made portable but no WiFi driver even for 8.1 available leaves that stuck with 7 there! *Sad But when the 64bit 7 first came along in beta I couldn't even get online since the ISP modem was 32bit Vista only! Been through all that before!

Night Hawk, Oct 25, 2015
  12. ess1 Win User
    Does this mean that LastPass doesn't function in Edge?*Eek

Thema:

Microsoft: Windows 10 Users Should Say No to Chrome and Firefox

1. Microsoft: Windows 10 Users Should Say No to Chrome and Firefox - Similar Threads - Microsoft Users Should

2. Firefox and Chrome not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Firefox and Chrome not working on Windows 10: Hello, i just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I started it off with installing Firefox but when I try to launch it nothing happens. I looked at Task Manager and when I launch Firefox, 2 or 3 Firefox processes appear but they dissappear after 1 second. The same thing...
  3. Downloading chrome or firefox

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloading chrome or firefox: My new laptops won't download chrome or firefox. I think Microsoft is doing this on purpose because I see threads going back at least 2 years with same problem and it hasn't been addressed. I now can't even get the "offline" programs. Any help with this? Should I just...
  4. Microsoft family and Google Chrome or Firefox Mozilla

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft family and Google Chrome or Firefox Mozilla: My son asks permission to use Google Chrome or Firefox Mozilla. I login to my Microsoft account and give the permission. But it still doesn't work in his account. Help! My son need google Chrome to learn....
  5. Avast and AVG Browser Extensions Spying On Chrome and Firefox Users

in Windows 10 News
    Avast and AVG Browser Extensions Spying On Chrome and Firefox Users: If your Firefox or Chrome browser has any of the below-listed four extensions offered by Avast and its subsidiary AVG installed, you should disable or remove them as soon as possible. - Avast Online Security - AVG Online Security - Avast SafePrice - AVG SafePrice Why? Because...
  6. Can't run Chrome or install Firefox when switching users

in Browsers and Email
    Can't run Chrome or install Firefox when switching users: New system I built. Everthing works fine until I switch users to my other account. I cannot download Firefox; absolutely nothing happens. Further, Chrome did install but running it, even as Admin, does absolutely nothing. Don't understand what could be going on. Thanks....
  7. Firefox vs Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox vs Chrome: I switched back to Google Chrome from firefox some months ago and it's been fine...However, i got curious *Wink today and decided to download Firefox again and play with it to see how it is now...One thing i did observe is that it does seem more snappy about loading in web...
  8. Help Microsoft has hijacked Firefox and Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help Microsoft has hijacked Firefox and Chrome: I am on windows 10 PRO (that I paid for no less) version 1709 (Build 16299.726), the last update to my machine was KB4090007. Now no matter what I do Chrome and Firefox ( even I.E and Edge) open to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/. I have set the start page in all browsers to...
  9. Help Microsoft has hijacked Firefox and Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help Microsoft has hijacked Firefox and Chrome: I am on windows 10 PRO (that I paid for no less) version 1709 (Build 16299.726), the last update to my machine was KB4090007. Now no matter what I do Chrome and Firefox ( even I.E and Edge) open to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/. I have set the start page in all browsers to...
  10. Flash crashing in Firefox and Chrome /Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Flash crashing in Firefox and Chrome /Windows 10: On Chrome nothing happens. Media loads but doesn't play. On Firefox it says Flash has crashed. I tried to disable the protected mode as Firefox Support suggests. My Windows 10 is quite buggy. 34093