Windows 10: Missing a Large Photo Folder After Windows 10 Update

Discus and support Missing a Large Photo Folder After Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When my laptop updated back in June it took me a bit to realize that a large photos folder where I store family photos just disappeared. I would never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BloodSculptor, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Missing a Large Photo Folder After Windows 10 Update

When my laptop updated back in June it took me a bit to realize that a large photos folder where I store family photos just disappeared. I would never delete it and it would take awhile to delete because of how many photos are in there so I would have noticed if I had accidentally moved/deleted it. When I google the issue apparently it has happened to a lot of people with Windows 10 updating and them losing their folders/photos and I tried some of the methods in the threads but to no avail.

What is the best way to recover this folder?

:)

BloodSculptor, Nov 30, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 30, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    File Explorer "Photos" icon now missing since Creators Edition update

You could restore the classic Windows Photo Viewer app

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

Missing a Large Photo Folder After Windows 10 Update [​IMG]

Edwin, Nov 30, 2018
  4. Missing a Large Photo Folder After Windows 10 Update

Missing photos folder in Windows 10

Hi Luey,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We are glad to help you.

Please share this:

• How did you install Windows 10?

• Did you upgrade or did a clean installation of Windows 10?

Upgrading will not result in any loss of files or photos. So, I suggest you to check for windows.old folder on the drive where Windows 10 is installed. The Windows.old folder contains a copy of the previous Windows installation,
    and can be quite large in size.

Usually the path is C:\windows.old where is 'c' is the drive on which the previous Windows was installed and you upgraded it to Windows 10.

If you still can’t find the photos folder, then you may try to
    recover photos folder from file history and check if it helps. Refer to this article:

Restore files or folders using File History

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/how-use-file-history

(Also holds good for Windows 10)

Hope this information helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

Missing a Large Photo Folder After Windows 10 Update

1. Missing a Large Photo Folder After Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - Missing Large Photo

2. Photos and files missing after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos and files missing after windows 10 update: My laptop just got updated windows 10 just updated before it updated i had photos and files on here now that it has updated they have all disappeared. im the only one that uses the laptop so i know that i didnt delete them i have tried to see if they are hidden but i cant...
  3. Photos and files missing after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos and files missing after windows 10 update: My laptop just got updated windows 10 just updated before it updated i had photos and files on here now that it has updated they have all disappeared. im the only one that uses the laptop so i know that i didnt delete them i have tried to see if they are hidden but i cant...
  4. Photos and files missing after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. missing photos in Phone Link - large timeline gap

in Windows 10 Gaming
    missing photos in Phone Link - large timeline gap: The Phone Link app shows photos from my phone in reverse chronological order for the last 11 days or so, then jumps over months of photos, and continues at an unknown date. How do I get the app to show all photos or at least the most recent 2,000?...
  6. missing photos in Phone Link - large timeline gap

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    missing photos in Phone Link - large timeline gap: The Phone Link app shows photos from my phone in reverse chronological order for the last 11 days or so, then jumps over months of photos, and continues at an unknown date. How do I get the app to show all photos or at least the most recent 2,000?...
  7. photos in folder gone after an update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    photos in folder gone after an update.: i hope somebody can help me. i have all my photos thanksgiving photos in a folder. i sucessfully saved it and i was sure it was there coz i even opened it. then after the update, i opened the folder it was all empty now. anybody espcially from microsoft team can help?...
  8. Photo folder missing after recent update

Photo folder missing after recent update: Photo folder is missing after recent update. Only one folder is missing but I want to know if/how I can get it back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-folder-missing-after-recent-update/1f94a37a-205d-4636-9bd6-4db966c638cf
  9. Missing files and folders after updating windows 10

Missing files and folders after updating windows 10: Please could you help. I noticed yesterday that some folders and files with documents and pictures disappeared recently on my Windows 10. how to get them back?...
  10. Missing Photos folders

Missing Photos folders: Hi, I have recently upgraded windows and have noticed that i cannot find my Photos or Documents anywhere. I have years worth of data in these. they were usually in the default pictures and documents folders in windows explorer. i have tried looking in hidden folders and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after instal update on window 10 a share folder is missing

2. missing folder of recent photos 6-12-2019

3. photo sharing folder missing

4. missing photos after windows 10 update