Windows 10: Missing family and other people in account settings

Discus and support Missing family and other people in account settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For some reason, the account i have on my computer is not an administrator account. So, i tried to make it an administrator account, but family and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MartinWon, Oct 19, 2018.

1. MartinWon Win User

Missing family and other people in account settings

For some reason, the account i have on my computer is not an administrator account. So, i tried to make it an administrator account, but family and other people isnt there. Please help

:)

MartinWon, Oct 19, 2018

2. How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Oct 19, 2018
  3. Kari Win User
    Bypass Family Settings by conversion to Local Account

What you describe should be impossible. To test this I just now created a child account on my PC and signing in to it tried to change it to either an admin account or a local account. Could not do that.

The only way your son can change his account to a local account and "remove" it from Family, or create a new account is to have access to an admin account on that same PC (your account), or alternatively access to your admin MS account's Family settings online. For that he needs both your MS account username and password. It means that if you protect your own personal admin account (MS account) with a strong password and especially the Two-Step Verification, he has no way to access that account and he should not be able / is not able to change your Family settings or his account status.

4. Jelo Sen Win User

Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Missing family and other people in account settings - Similar Threads - Missing family account

2. family and other users settings went missing!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    family and other users settings went missing!: I cannot find 'family and other users' settings option at all. Also i cant see my administrator account on the control panel users as well. I'm unable to give any administrator permissions either, whenever i try to, it shows 'requested operation requires elevation'. All these...
  3. family and other users settings went missing!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    family and other users settings went missing!: I cannot find 'family and other users' settings option at all. Also i cant see my administrator account on the control panel users as well. I'm unable to give any administrator permissions either, whenever i try to, it shows 'requested operation requires elevation'. All these...
  4. family and other users missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    family and other users missing: when I follow the instructions to add my daughter to my family on her computer, the "family and other users does not appear. What is the error and how can it be fixed?...
  5. family and other users missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    family and other users missing: when I follow the instructions to add my daughter to my family on her computer, the "family and other users does not appear. What is the error and how can it be fixed?...
  6. Family & other people missing!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Family & other people missing!: Hello,I am trying to get back to my admin privileges and stuff i have other threads, I need help with getting that setting because i can't really do anything because my admin account has been replaced/removed and, I cant switch back to admin like if i try to do it in cmd says...
  7. Family and Others setting now missing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family and Others setting now missing: New computer. I was able to add programmes and make changes to my computer. I then added my partner as a family member and now my account has changed to standard and I cannot add programmes or make changes. The setting for Family members and others is now missing?...
  8. Windows 10 Home Family & Other People not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Home Family & Other People not working: I have a Windows 10 laptop that has a working Administrator account. the problem is as follows: 1. I want to add another user (spouse) to the Windows 10 Home computer. [ATTACH] 2. When following the directions on the Accounts section of the settings, Where Family &...
  9. built in administrator - Family and other people

built in administrator - Family and other people: Hi I set up a new W10 laptop for my daughter and in Settings, I used my email a/c so it's now showing as ADMINISTRATOR, my email, Administrator The crucial point is that on the left hand menu where it should say 'Family & other people' it says 'Other users'. On my...
  10. Family & Other Users does not appear in Settings - Accounts

Family & Other Users does not appear in Settings - Accounts: Today I tried to add an account to my Windows 10 computer (Version 1607 Build 14393.321). Not something I do very often so I Googled it. When I select Settings - Accounts, I do not see the option for "Family and other users" like the screen image below. This image is not from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. family & other people

2. family and other people settings

3. family & other people missing

4. family and other people missing windows 10,
  5. family other people,
  6. missing other people from accounts settings in windows-10-home-edition,
  7. windows 10 family and other users missing,
  8. family and other users missing,
  9. family and other people,
  10. diappear family & other people,
  11. family and other people missing,