Windows 10: Missing Folder on Windows 10 Desktop

Discus and support Missing Folder on Windows 10 Desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; One of my folders has disappeared from my desktop overnight. It's a folder I need to access multiple times each day. It still shows up under Quick... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by APC Dawn, Mar 9, 2020.

1. APC Dawn Win User

Missing Folder on Windows 10 Desktop

One of my folders has disappeared from my desktop overnight. It's a folder I need to access multiple times each day. It still shows up under Quick Access/Desktop, but it is nowhere on the desktop itself. I know that I can create a shortcut, but I'd like to restore it instead.

:)

APC Dawn, Mar 9, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 9, 2020
  3. Windows 10 missing desktop files

Hi Adriane,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

• Did you do a clean installation of Windows or upgrade to Windows 10?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you can find your desktop files.

• Open This PC.
    • Double click on C: drive.
    • Open Users > double click on your user name.
    • Open Desktop and check if you can find missing files.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 9, 2020
  4. Missing Folder on Windows 10 Desktop

Desktop is missing

Brink, thank you for your reply and suggestion. I ran the .bat file, rebooted and it did not fix my issue. *Sad

robdam1001, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

Missing Folder on Windows 10 Desktop

1. Missing Folder on Windows 10 Desktop - Similar Threads - Missing Folder Desktop

2. Missing User Account Desktop Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing User Account Desktop Folder: I bought a new PC with Windows 11 already installed. When I tried to save something to my user folder's desktop folder, it does not exist:I found out it is using my OneDrive desktop folder. I tried adding a desktop folder to the user account, reboot, but it still uses the...
  3. Missing folders on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing folders on desktop: Hello,All my folders on the desktop vanished out of the blue. Is there a way to get folder back? I tried to show hidden folder and etc but it is not working. Help!!! Thank you....
  4. Missing folders on desktop

Missing folders on desktop: Hello,All my folders on the desktop vanished out of the blue. Is there a way to get folder back? I tried to show hidden folder and etc but it is not working. Help!!! Thank you....
  5. Desktop and documents folders empty or missing

Desktop and documents folders empty or missing: Hello, I've built a PC about 5 years ago, and finally had the need to upgrade this past week. I ended up swapping out most components, only re-using the case and fans. After my new PC was fully set up, I installed Windows 10 Pro and all applications on my new SSD. I kept my...
  6. Desktop folder missing in Command Prompt

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Desktop folder missing in Command Prompt: Hello Gurus Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.1110) I have just reinstalled Win 10 because I couldn't find the Desktop folder when using the Command Prompt, and its still missing. Has anybody any ideas how to fix this problem ? 183207
  7. Desktop Icons Missing From Desktop Folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons Missing From Desktop Folder: I was just starting to back up my C-drive important files in Windows 10 when I realized that there are several desktop folders, including a OneDrive folder, and all of them are missing several desktop icons. I have read read different threads on this subject and tried a...
  8. Folder/Files suddenly missing in Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folder/Files suddenly missing in Desktop: Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right sub to call for help regarding my problem. I have this folder on my desktop which I put all my work files but suddenly it's gone. I'm going to give as much as possible information because I really need those files for my work. Last time...
  9. desktop icons folders missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop icons folders missing: I accidently pushed something all my icons on desktop are not visible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-folders-missing/527a04e5-6679-4ef3-9c15-69ae680eed23
  10. Windows 10 Home desktop folders and files all are missing?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Home desktop folders and files all are missing?: My desktop files and folders all are missing? One of my desktop folders are MP3 files are missing and it is only one copy. Magically one of folder MP3 songs are able to be played in my music box in the playing list. It is only one copy. I have turned on OneDrive to...