Windows 10: Missing Items On My Desktop

Discus and support Missing Items On My Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I save something to my desktop it doesn't appear there, but it does appear in C:\Users\\desktop. How can I sort this out so that items I save to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by royw, Jan 3, 2018.

1. royw Win User

Missing Items On My Desktop

When I save something to my desktop it doesn't appear there, but it does appear in C:\Users\\desktop. How can I sort this out so that items I save to my desktop actually appear there?

:)

royw, Jan 3, 2018

2. I HATE Windows 10 & here is the latest issue

Plus when I browse for pics and word document, the missing items are is not listed on my desktop

Chrissiee95, Jan 3, 2018
  3. Missing items on the toolbar on desktop

Recently, I noticed that my volume icon on the toolbar is missing. I searched on Google and I thought I found a solution, I clicked Settings>System>Notifications & actions>Turn system icons on of off, I found that the volume is off, I slide it to on but
    it wouldn't work. Please help me.

Redza Imran, Jan 3, 2018
  4. Missing Items On My Desktop

Right click Desktop folder and select Properties. From Location tab click Restore Default button and click Apply button.

FreeBooter, Jan 3, 2018
  5. dalchina New Member
  6. royw Win User
    Power User, sincere thanks for your quick reply. I did as you suggested and that solved the problem.

Thanks and regards, Roy

royw, Jan 3, 2018
  7. We are glad to hear your issue has been resolved, thank you for letting us know that all is now well!

FreeBooter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Missing Items On My Desktop

1. Missing Items On My Desktop - Similar Threads - Missing Items Desktop

2. Desktop missing items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop missing items: I lost my Recycle Bin icon. I tried to restore it and when I did, all the icons on my desktop.Some of these items were shortcuts, but many of them were actual files.HELP...
  3. Desktop missing items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop missing items: I lost my Recycle Bin icon. I tried to restore it and when I did, all the icons on my desktop.Some of these items were shortcuts, but many of them were actual files.HELP...
  4. Desktop missing items

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. pinned item missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pinned item missing: I am wondering where is the pinned item located? I used to pin them and it shows on task bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinned-item-missing/38b289e4-f148-4624-b570-7c92a4349146
  6. Missing Taskbar Items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Taskbar Items: I am having this issue where my taskbar icons have disappeared completely along with some other icons in the taskbar such as the WiFi, Battery and Time options. However, as you can see, the drop-up button and the One Drive button are still there. Some other issues...
  7. Missing Taskbar Items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Taskbar Items: I am having this issue where my taskbar icons have disappeared completely along with some other icons in the taskbar such as the WiFi, Battery and Time options. However, as you can see, the drop-up button and the One Drive button are still there. Some other issues...
  8. Unwanted item on my desktop

Unwanted item on my desktop: Sometimes I have this vertical slider: https://postimg.cc/zbCKzkQB that stays on top. I don't know what it is and how to remove it, short of logging off. It does not even work: when I move it, it goes back down. Clicking on the X does not kill it, nor the escape key. I...
  9. Missing item in backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing item in backup: I've tried to get an answer on this before under a different heading but unsuccessfully. How can I resolve a backup issue where backup completes OK except for one so called missing file. The report tells me that...
  10. Items missing in my Troubleshooter menu.

Items missing in my Troubleshooter menu.: First off, I am having a problem with my mouse self-operating. I already made a page about that here: Mouse cursor jumps around the screen. Searching for all possible causes of the cursor malfunction has led me to this page here: Mouse moving on its own on Windows 10...