Windows 10: Missing Location Tab from all Personal folders properties

Discus and support Missing Location Tab from all Personal folders properties in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; other tabs (Sharing - Security - Customize) were missing also but I can restore them by adding some registry keys but now I still don't have location... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by a7amd, Feb 1, 2018.

1. a7amd Win User

Missing Location Tab from all Personal folders properties

a7amd, Feb 1, 2018
  2. acuvic Win User

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

@Prabhavathi Patil said "3.
    In Properties go to Location tab."

Location tab is missing from the Properties for the "Downloads" folder:

Copy.com

Windows 10 Pro , just installed the upgrade.

acuvic, Feb 1, 2018
  3. PianSa Win User
    I couldn’t find my screenshots now!

That was the first thing I looked at but it wasn't there.

And the tab for location under the properties tab for my screenshots folder is not there anymore.

I was planning to move my screenshots folder and its contents to my computer, thinking that those missing screenshots would reappear.

PianSa, Feb 1, 2018
  4. lx07 Win User

Did you move pictures location from the default (C:\Users\a7med\Pictures) to root of your user directory C:\Users\a7med

Assuming a7med is your profile name on Windows too?

You can't undo location change if you put it to another system location (which your home directory is).

If you did that we can try to undo it but wanted to check first.

lx07, Feb 1, 2018
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello a7amd, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

As a test, type shell:My Video into the address bar of File Explorer (or in RUN (Win+R) and press Enter.

Next, right click on the background of your Videos folder, and click/tap on Properties.

Do you have a "Locations" tab here?

If so, what is it showing as the path for you Videos folder?

Brink, Feb 1, 2018
  6. Try3 Win User
    a7amd,

I have been unable to recreate your problem symptoms wherever I have relocated a user folder to & however many user folders I relocated to the same place [its Properties always reported it as a File folder not a System folder] so I think the problem might be more serious than mere relocations can fix.

What happened shortly before the symptoms became evident - had you been repartitioning, relocating user folders, some other disk reorganisation, Registry editing, ...?

Just to gather some relevant information,
    1 Open RegEdit and go to
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
    2 Does the path for the My pictures entry make sense?
    3 Are this path or its parent folder shown as System folders in their Properties in File explorer?
    4 Is the My pictures entry in
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders
    exactly the same?

If none of the above point to any particular cause, you could try a Repair install but I think you will end up having to abandon this user profile completely and create a new user profile for day-to-day use.
    - You might also try any suggestions you can find for fixing a user profile but they might sidestep this particular issue and do no good for you.
    - Perhaps I am being unduly pessimistic.

Best of luck,
    Denis

Try3, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Missing Location Tab from all Personal folders properties - Similar Threads - Missing Location Tab

2. Security tab Missing from Properties in Icedrive Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security tab Missing from Properties in Icedrive Folder: In my Icedrive folder and subfolders ONLY, the security tab is missing when I click propertiesI was trying to find it because it says I do not have permission to edit file name...
  3. Security tab Missing from Properties in Icedrive Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security tab Missing from Properties in Icedrive Folder: In my Icedrive folder and subfolders ONLY, the security tab is missing when I click propertiesI was trying to find it because it says I do not have permission to edit file name...
  4. Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from Properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from Properties: As requested by Ramesh Srinivasan I am opening a new thread but as I posted in this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-documents-folder-location-tab-that-is/89a13aaa-0d79-4353-a669-871ac8024949 I have the same problem.Just bought a new HP...
  5. Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from Properties

Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from Properties: As requested by Ramesh Srinivasan I am opening a new thread but as I posted in this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-documents-folder-location-tab-that-is/89a13aaa-0d79-4353-a669-871ac8024949 I have the same problem.Just bought a new HP...
  6. Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from Properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from Properties: How do I restore Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from properties notwithstanding that fact that \{4a7ded0a-ad25-11d0-98a8-0800361b1103{ was added to Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\. Documents with a significant...
  7. Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from Properties

Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from Properties: How do I restore Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from properties notwithstanding that fact that \{4a7ded0a-ad25-11d0-98a8-0800361b1103{ was added to Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\. Documents with a significant...
  8. Lost screenshots; location tab missing from properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost screenshots; location tab missing from properties: Hi community! I am so distressed and hope someone here can help. I am working a job where I need to take a ton of screenshots daily literally hundreds so in order to keep things organized I stupidly thought it would be easier to change where screenshots were stored. My plan...
  9. Regular subdirectories missing and "location" tab missing in properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Regular subdirectories missing and "location" tab missing in properties: Hi - I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I am setting up a new PC which has an SSD C: for programs and HDD D: for data. I have successfully relocated the regular subdirectories Docs/photos etc. to the HDD for my profile, but when I attempt the same for other...
  10. Location Tab Missing from Almost All Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Location Tab Missing from Almost All Folders: WinVer = 19041.508 With one exception (and that one's Location Tab doesn't work), none of my folders, including new ones I create myself, have Location tabs. I did a due-diligence search and was overjoyed when I came up with this: How to Add or Remove Location tab in Folder...