Windows 10: missing media keys symbols

Discus and support missing media keys symbols in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; please assist how to resolve the issue . the media symbol keys sare not showing as seen on screen. Thanks, [img] 52380 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ram93, Jun 4, 2016.

1. ram93 Win User

missing media keys symbols

please assist how to resolve the issue . the media symbol keys sare not showing as seen on screen.

Thanks,

missing media keys symbols [​IMG]

:)

ram93, Jun 4, 2016
  2. hyde_tds Win User

Vodafone branded N95 - Multimedia menu key V's Standard Menu Key

Is it just vodafone's implementation of this phone but it just strikes me as odd that the multi-media menu is called up with the key to the right of the centre navigation button that has the square symbol turned on it's point, whilst the standard menu
    is called up by the left hand key that has a symbol on it that more closely matches the multi-media menu animation.

Small point I know, but it gets me every time. I always end up hitting the wrong key.

Cheers

hyde_tds, Jun 4, 2016
  3. N70's weird new symbol appeared

It's not the symbol for a missed call is it? My E70 has a similar icon that appears. It only clears when I actually exam the missed call log.

If I have a missed call, but then don't read the message 'you have 1 missed call' (or whatever), say by hitting the red hangup key, then the icon stays reminding me to have a look in the log.

markcoley---01, Jun 4, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Please elaborate....... what are "media keys "?
    Thank you.

davidhk, Jun 4, 2016
  5. Edwin New Member
    Play/Back/Forward buttons.

Edwin, Jun 4, 2016
  6. ram93 Win User
    greetings,
    if you see the picture there are 6 boxes in 3 pairs . they were actually media symbol.ie 1st pair of box is rewind/backward media symbol; 2nd pair of box is the play/pause media symbol . 3rd pair is the forward key.

correctly pointed out by EDWIN's POST.

these keys are missing .
    please assist

ram93, Jun 4, 2016
  7. Edwin New Member
    @ram93:

Try:
    - restarting File Explorer,
    - restarting the machine,
    - search and run WSReset.exe

Edwin, Jun 4, 2016
  8. ram93 Win User

greetings,
    tried above method , but issue still persists.
    pl assist.

ram93, Jun 4, 2016
  9. Edwin New Member
    Edwin, Jun 4, 2016
  10. ram93 Win User
    ram93, Jun 5, 2016
  11. RWOne Win User
    Uninstall and reinstall the program.

RWOne, Jun 5, 2016
  12. ram93 Win User
    greetings,
    tried above method , but issue still persists.i feel its not problem with the app as issue is faced when using the default movies and tv app . It may be that the signs for the media has got corrupted .
    I choose not do restore or reset as reinstalling all programs takes a lot of time.
    please assist .
    Thanks
    pl assist.

ram93, Jun 5, 2016
  13. missing media keys symbols

Slartybart, Jun 5, 2016
  14. ram93 Win User
    greetings,
    tried above method , but issue still persists.
    pl assist.
    I think the file where these media signs are stored is corrupt as the effect can be seen on other programs (some) as well . today I opened another app and the arrow signs are replaced by boxes. see the attached picture.
    pl assist.

ram93, Jun 6, 2016
  15. Edwin New Member
    @ram93:
    What Windows Version are you running?

Edwin, Jun 6, 2016
Thema:

1. missing media keys symbols - Similar Threads - missing media keys

2. wifi symbol is missing after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi symbol is missing after update: After updating to windows 11 from windows 10, wifi symbol is missing and background intellignt service is not starting. Troubleshooting is not working for network and BITS. I have also tried sfc scan and dism command, these commands found some corrupt files but unable to fix...
  3. wifi symbol is missing after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi symbol is missing after update: After updating to windows 11 from windows 10, wifi symbol is missing and background intellignt service is not starting. Troubleshooting is not working for network and BITS. I have also tried sfc scan and dism command, these commands found some corrupt files but unable to fix...
  4. Missing symbols

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing symbols: How to fix this? N37� 56' 12.12",E23� 56' ^ ^ Or this? N37? 56' 12.12",E23? 56' 40.20" Or this? 182295
  5. media keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    media keys: Need help, media keys are not working. I have a steel series 7 tkl, I have plugged it into a different computer to see if it is the keyboard.. It is not. It worked fine. It would seem the media keys have been stopped. They do not work on my headset either. Is there something...
  6. different letters(symbols) on media creation tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    different letters(symbols) on media creation tool: Is this something I should worry about or a common thing? mimari means architecture but bit x64 shouldn't written different in Turkish too https://m.imgur.com/a/k7FQ1hq submitted by /u/IsilwenQ [link] [comments]...
  7. Missing Desktop windows symbol

Missing Desktop windows symbol: I have recently installed Norton 360 on windows 10. After restart windows symbol on desktop is not visible .But the system is working. Kindly help me to get normal windows 10 desktop....
  8. Missing Mute/Pause/Play/Forward/Backward Media Symbols. How to restore the missing Icons?

Missing Mute/Pause/Play/Forward/Backward Media Symbols. How to restore the missing Icons?: This problem only occurred after using my font pack folder to install many fonts for GFX work, one of the fonts included is which windows already installs. So during the font installation, my guess is that the preinstalled font upon windows installation was "replaced" or...
  9. Problem with a missing symbols

Problem with a missing symbols: [ATTACH] How can I restore those symbols? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-a-missing-symbols/137a33e1-32e5-4878-bc70-eb0219ee280c
  10. Keyboard symbol keys and default language

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard symbol keys and default language: Since the last big Windows 10 update, some of my symbol keys on my keyboard no not provide the correct symbol and some of the symbols that I need such as the sign for Sterling and Euro no longer function. Also Microsoft Word defaults to English US when It should have remained...