Windows 10: missing menu commands

Discus and support missing menu commands in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Most of the times I'm getting help there are instructions for going through menus, (click something then right-click on another item) and so on. Many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chuckp, Nov 13, 2017.

1. chuckp Win User

missing menu commands

Most of the times I'm getting help there are instructions for going through menus, (click something then right-click on another item) and so on. Many times I follow through then something I'm told to click ISN'T there in the menu. Why are these items missing and how can I restore them? I'm on as Administrator so shouldn't the menus be complete?

:)

chuckp, Nov 13, 2017

2. Menu sleep command missing

Hi Morris,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

Let’s follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. It will scan your system files and to repair missing or corrupted system files in Windows.
    To run the SFC scan, refer to the Microsoft article below.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Method 2: Create a new user account and check if the option appears in this.

To create a new user account, refer to the steps mentioned in the following Microsoft link:

Set up accounts

Method 3:

Click on Win key + W, Type Power Options. On the left side of the window, click on

"Choose what the power button does." Under shutdown settings, place a check mark on

'Sleep' click on Save changes.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Nov 13, 2017
  3. Menu sleep command missing

Method 3 worked. Other two had mixed results. Thanks much.

MorrisFraser, Nov 13, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

missing menu commands

Hello Chuck, *Smile

Which menu item is missing, and for what?

Brink, Nov 13, 2017
  5. chuckp Win User
    This last one was trying to get my IP address. I went to network connections and was said to click advanced options. It wasn't there. I checked the other menus but was nowhere.

chuckp, Nov 13, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
  7. chuckp Win User
    Thanks. I got the IP but I still would like to find out why menu items aren't where they're supposed to be.

chuckp, Nov 13, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

missing menu commands

In that example, there wasn't an "Advanced options" mentioned to click on, so I'm not sure anything was missing.

I suppose that the instructions you were following may have been out of date.

Do you have any other examples we can help with?

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

missing menu commands

1. missing menu commands - Similar Threads - missing menu commands

2. Start Menu Keyboard Commands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu Keyboard Commands: Is there a complete and comprehensive list of Keyboard Comm ands for using the Start Menu after you open the menu with the Windows key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-keyboard-commands/9a817baf-86e6-4edc-a0b7-eb16429c5490
  3. Start Menu Keyboard Commands

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu Keyboard Commands: Is there a complete and comprehensive list of Keyboard Comm ands for using the Start Menu after you open the menu with the Windows key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-keyboard-commands/9a817baf-86e6-4edc-a0b7-eb16429c5490
  4. Start Menu Keyboard Commands

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. What is this context menu command?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is this context menu command?: Today I noticed a command I've never seen before in the context menu. In Brazilian Portuguese it reads Liberar espao, which means "Free up space". ▼ [img] I tried to identify it using ShellMenuView, but it didn't find any menu name with "Liberar", "espao", "free", and...
  6. Command prompt missing

Command prompt missing: Hello, I need help with a problem of mine I've been trying to open up command prompt for a while to do some of my work but I cant seem to find a solution for this i have tried everything but I cant get it to pop up on my laptop. please give me tips in trying to fix this...
  7. Print command in contect menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print command in contect menu: For some reason I have lost the ability to print when I right click the context menu. The print command is listed but nothing happens when I select it. This happens in a number of programs (I have not yet found one that works). It used to work and I use it frequently to print...
  8. Command for Command Prompt restoring missing file

Command for Command Prompt restoring missing file: Hey i saw your post about how you can boot into Command Prompt and push to restore the file, do you have that command still??...
  9. Right Click Command Menu Missing "Print" option for PDF's

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click Command Menu Missing "Print" option for PDF's: I've seen several threads on this, but none of them solved my problem, which only started with my upgrade to Windows-10. I run a small eBay business, and used to print all my shipping labels for the day in 1 fell swoop by selecting them then right-clicking and selecting...
  10. Start Menu Commands

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Commands: I tried finding a list of all the shortcut commands from the Start Menu, but I do not see one anywhere. For example, I already know by typing "winver", I go directly to the version information screen. When I type "reli", I head straight to the reliability monitor. With...