Windows 10: Missing photo files in 'Users' folder

Discus and support Missing photo files in 'Users' folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello - after a Windows 10 update was done on my laptop, when it restarted I didn't see my own profile but a temporary one. Then when I looked for my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RadSaturn, Feb 15, 2020.

1. RadSaturn Win User

Missing photo files in 'Users' folder

Hello - after a Windows 10 update was done on my laptop, when it restarted I didn't see my own profile but a temporary one. Then when I looked for my photo files saved in 'Pictures' under 'This PC', no files existed - eeks! So then I looked in the 'Users' folder in the OS C: and found them thankfully in my personal folder. So after I had to do another restart, my own profile came back but my photo files still only existed in my personal folder under 'Users', not in 'Pictures' under 'This PC'. I then thought moving not copying the entire folder to 'Pictures' for easier access like I'm used to seeing would be a good thing to do, HOWEVER, not so much! At first the files opened up just fine but for some reason the laptop had to do yet another darn restart, and when I looked for my photo files at either location mentioned above, they weren't there! I even did a search and tried un-hiding files but to no avail. Unfortunately, some files weren't back up something I should have done before MOVING them so I'm hoping they're still on my laptop someplace. Any assistance you can provide will help. Thanks!

:)

RadSaturn, Feb 15, 2020
  2. Edwin Win User

File Explorer "Photos" icon now missing since Creators Edition update

You could restore the classic Windows Photo Viewer app

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

Missing photo files in 'Users' folder [​IMG]

Edwin, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Missing Photos

Hi Tanya,

There are different ways to restore your deleted or missing files, such as restoring it from previous versions or from a backup. Since that your back up hard drive isn't working, we suggest that you restore your deleted or missing files from previous versions.
    Follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Open File Explorer.
    • Navigate to the folder that used to contain the file or folder, and then right-click on it.
    • Select Restore previous versions.
      If the folder was at the top level of a drive, for example C:\, right-click the drive, and then click on
      Restore previous versions.

To delete those duplicate photos, we suggest that you visit
    Microsoft Store
    and check for available 3rd party app for it.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

photo files

Hi Don,

We would like to ask some questions to better assist you with this issue.

• What is the build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Did you receive any error messages/codes when you tried accessing your photo files?
    • Are you trying to access your photos through File Explorer or Photo app?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    Also, we suggest that you use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted files. System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. You may visit this
    article for the steps.

We'll wait for your reply.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Missing photo files in 'Users' folder - Similar Threads - Missing photo files

2. MISSING FILES IN USERS FOLDER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MISSING FILES IN USERS FOLDER: This morning, when I turned on my laptop, I realised that all my files and folders were missing. Luckily I was able to locate them at users. I moved the personal folders to the already pinned ones to locate them easily. I restarted everything just in case. When it turned back...
  3. MISSING FILES IN USERS FOLDER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MISSING FILES IN USERS FOLDER: This morning, when I turned on my laptop, I realised that all my files and folders were missing. Luckily I was able to locate them at users. I moved the personal folders to the already pinned ones to locate them easily. I restarted everything just in case. When it turned back...
  4. User Folder is Missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Folder is Missing: I pulled a user's HDD from their PC to get some files from it. The drive boots fine and I can log in with the user's credentials, but I cannot get this PC to stay online more than a few seconds after Windows boots. The power supply is the culprit. We're replacing the PC since...
  5. User Folder is Missing

User Folder is Missing: I pulled a user's HDD from their PC to get some files from it. The drive boots fine and I can log in with the user's credentials, but I cannot get this PC to stay online more than a few seconds after Windows boots. The power supply is the culprit. We're replacing the PC since...
  6. User Folder Missing

User Folder Missing: Help!!!My user folder suddenly went missing on the USER FOLDER in Drive C, but I think it made it's own location. How to I get it back. I am the only user and admin of my computer btw.As you can see it is not here:But if you look to the left pane it is there and had it's own...
  7. User Folder Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Folder Missing: Help!!!My user folder suddenly went missing on the USER FOLDER in Drive C, but I think it made it's own location. How to I get it back. I am the only user and admin of my computer btw.As you can see it is not here:But if you look to the left pane it is there and had it's own...
  8. User Folder Missing

9. Missing Photos folders

Missing Photos folders: Hi, I have recently upgraded windows and have noticed that i cannot find my Photos or Documents anywhere. I have years worth of data in these. they were usually in the default pictures and documents folders in windows explorer. i have tried looking in hidden folders and...
  10. Missing folders from the "User's File" folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing folders from the "User's File" folder: This is weird. I've just done a clean install of Win10Pro64 (as I have many times before) and I have something odd happening with the "User's File" folder icon on the desktop (put there from desktop>personalise>themes>desktop-icon-settings). When I open up my user files...