Windows 10: Missing photo icons

Discus and support Missing photo icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Desktop icons no longer have pictures, just generic symbols. How can they be restored?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by fft3, Dec 27, 2018.

1. fft3 Win User

Missing photo icons

Desktop icons no longer have pictures, just generic symbols. How can they be restored?

:)

2. Missing Windows Photo icon.

Photos app icon missing from 'Open With" drop down list in windows 10! How do you recover it?

AirforceHal, Dec 27, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    File Explorer "Photos" icon now missing since Creators Edition update

You could restore the classic Windows Photo Viewer app

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

Missing photo icons [​IMG]

Edwin, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Missing photo icons

missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Missing photo icons

1. Missing photo icons - Similar Threads - Missing photo icons

2. The Photos Legacy app is missing image icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Photos Legacy app is missing image icons: I installed the Photos Legacy app from the Microsoft Store. I then changed the default image viewer from Photos to Photos Legacy. I immediately noticed that there are no icons for any image files such as jpg, gif, png files. In other words, if I open up windows explorer and...
  3. The Photos Legacy app is missing image icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Photos Legacy app is missing image icons: I installed the Photos Legacy app from the Microsoft Store. I then changed the default image viewer from Photos to Photos Legacy. I immediately noticed that there are no icons for any image files such as jpg, gif, png files. In other words, if I open up windows explorer and...
  4. Missing Photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing Photos: I selected all of my photos, then selected cut, then pasted them onto an external hard drive. Now my pictures are not on the drive, not in my pictures folder and not in the recycle bin. Are they lost forever? Or any suggestions on where they might be and how to recover them?...
  5. Missing Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Photos: I selected all of my photos, then selected cut, then pasted them onto an external hard drive. Now my pictures are not on the drive, not in my pictures folder and not in the recycle bin. Are they lost forever? Or any suggestions on where they might be and how to recover them?...
  6. Missing Photos

7. Photo missing.

Photo missing.: I know this issue has been for a while, so maybe someone has come up with a solution, or at least an explanation; I experience on several windows apps I'm logged in to, that my profile picture/ account photo is missing, this happens in MS Store, Groove music, Film & TV,...
  8. Missing photo's

Missing photo's: Hi everyone I recently renamed several photos at the same time in one of my folders, unfortunately however for some reason a copy of each photo was created, so I clicked undo rename which resulted in a error message saying the photo couldn't be located. This...
  9. missing photos

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    missing photos: trying to fix mouse issue by re loading windows. The reload of my photo files was taking forever. Bought new mouse, mouse problem solved. Turned off computer. When i turned the computer back on - cannot seem to continue the reload of my photos....
  10. Missing Photos

Missing Photos: I can't find all my photos I had saved to my computor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-photos/508edc14-6fd7-4abd-8edd-86ec3f362d3d"