Windows 10: Missing Picture Program

Discus and support Missing Picture Program in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been using a photo program which I somehow seem to have lost from my computer. I thought it was called Windows something but now when I go into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by skysurfer, Mar 27, 2017.

1. skysurfer Win User

Missing Picture Program

I have been using a photo program which I somehow seem to have lost from my computer. I thought it was called Windows something but now when I go into my photos it's Windows but a different one. I'm non techie and have been into my programs but can't see the one I have either lost or is now not the default one. I will try to download a screenshot of the prog I have lost - perhaps somebody can ID it for me and tell me how I get it back because I am so used to it now to work on my photos. I have tried to upload a screnprint as an attachment .
    If at hasn't workedI don't know whether this will help identify it but the big photo comes up on the left and to the right it says Crop and Rotate Under this is Enhance or Adjust Under this a series of square alternative filters - 6 or 8 of them If above I hit Adjust I can change the light or Colour or a button for Clarity I have Windows 10 Thanks

:)

skysurfer, Mar 27, 2017

2. How can I download Instagram on my windows 10 laptop?

I Have done this ..

Installed

Uninstalled ..

Reinstalled ..

It will install ..

But doesn't work properly ..

Can't Load pictures..

Or share pictures..

It's like part of the program is missing...

Any Ideas ??????

DavidWyatt_953, Mar 27, 2017
  3. RoosL Win User
    Picture It for Windows 10

Dear people,

I have a new windows 10 computer and I would love to download Picture It again. That program was very helpful for my work and I miss it desperately. I need to add text to images for example..

What to do?

Is there an alternative??

Thanks!!

Original Title: Picture It

RoosL, Mar 27, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Missing Picture Program

Brink, Mar 27, 2017
  5. skysurfer Win User
    Thanks for responding Brink.
    When I go to that link it says there are several options and I don't know which is the one I need.
    I think it may all be too complex for me.
    Which option do I go for please?

How can I check if Photos is still on my computer?
    Where would I fnd it?
    If I download a new one -would it tell me if I already have it?

skysurfer, Mar 28, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Mar 28, 2017
  7. skysurfer Win User
    How do I get to Settings and that System page?
    I found a settings from the help at the bottom but that looked different to the Systems pages below...
    Sorry to be dense

THANK YOU I HAVE USTMANAGEDTO DO T ALL
    Thanks so much
    OPTION THREE
    Missing Picture Program [​IMG]

To Choose Default Apps in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

Note
    Starting with Windows 10 Creators Update build 15002, you will need to click/tap on the Apps icon in Settings instead.

2. Click/tap on Defaults apps on the left side, click/tap on an app type (ex: Web browser, Email, Music player, Video player, Photo viewer, Calendar, or Maps), and choose an app to be the default. (see screenshots below)

Note
    Look for an app in the Store = Will open the Store (Beta) app for you to select and install an app to open the app type with.

skysurfer, Mar 28, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Missing Picture Program

You can press the Win+i keys to open Settings. Clicking on the link in step 1 can give more details if needed.

Brink, Mar 28, 2017
  9. skysurfer Win User
    You have all helped me so much with that problem with Windows Photos that I wonder if you help with a new query related to that program.
    I have noticed while using it that when I click on the Adjust button some controls like Exposure and Contrast appear momentarily and then disappear to be replaced by others which I then use.
    Why is this - because I miss those controls which I remember were in a previous version.
    I have attached a screenshot showing the controls page which flashes on and then disappears

skysurfer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Missing Picture Program

1. Missing Picture Program - Similar Threads - Missing Picture Program

2. Picture program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Picture program: I downloaded pictures from my camera but it won't allow me to save the pictures to my regular folder. Plus all of my older pictures are gone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-program/0aaa4dfc-ca17-468c-b2d1-19bdd6dc3ab1
  3. Picture program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Picture program: I downloaded pictures from my camera but it won't allow me to save the pictures to my regular folder. Plus all of my older pictures are gone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-program/0aaa4dfc-ca17-468c-b2d1-19bdd6dc3ab1
  4. Missing pictures.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing pictures.: I updated my laptop a few days ago. After that, I haven't seen my photos anywhere. I took a screenshot of my desktop to see where it would be saved to, and it created an entirely new pictures folder. I had many pictures before, but they are all gone now, and I think the...
  5. Missing pictures.

Missing pictures.: I updated my laptop a few days ago. After that, I haven't seen my photos anywhere. I took a screenshot of my desktop to see where it would be saved to, and it created an entirely new pictures folder. I had many pictures before, but they are all gone now, and I think the...
  6. Picture folders missing in Pictures

Picture folders missing in Pictures: Hello,I cannot find most of my picture folders, that has taken me years to organize. A few are there, but most are gone and they are incomplete. I have a windows pc. Just downloaded windows 11 on 6/7/2022. This is the first time I have noticed this. Please help.Thanks....
  7. Missing pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing pictures: I resized some pictures and now instead of thumbnails, there's the missing icon white background with red cross showing. How do I get my pictures back. They are work related so I really need them. Thanks...
  8. missing pictures

missing pictures: help I have imported some pictures from sd card in canon camera to my laptop and now I cant find them anywhere on laptop what happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-pictures/2ab4a17a-b525-4053-beac-8c54cc5c1774"
  9. missing pictures

missing pictures: help I have imported some pictures from sd card in canon camera to my laptop and now I cant find them anywhere on laptop what happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-pictures/8cd2d41f-bca5-4885-9cd2-6c548e11e6e2"
  10. pictures missing

pictures missing: When I downloaded pictures from the phone to the desktop and then opened the folder I saw that I was empty. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-missing/bd663e58-6cd0-4931-bbe7-e6220016e26e"