Windows 10: Missing power options in 1903

Discus and support Missing power options in 1903 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Dell XPS 15 9570 which has Windows 10 Home, and came with the 1903 feature update installed. When I go to the advanced settings for my current... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by J_716, Aug 6, 2019.

1. J_716 Win User

Missing power options in 1903

I have a Dell XPS 15 9570 which has Windows 10 Home, and came with the 1903 feature update installed. When I go to the advanced settings for my current power plan (or any other power plan, regardless of whether it came with the system or if I made it), the options are very limited, especially under display which is what I'm concerned with. On another laptop with Windows 10 (also home), there was an option to change the brightness on battery and plugged in independently. There also should be an option for turn on/off adaptive brightness, but neither of those show up.

When I changed CsEnabled in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power from 1 to 0, it did open up a lot more settings I could change, but the display section still only had the option to turn off the display after a certain amount of time.

Here is what the advanced settings looks like before changing CsEnabled to 0:

Missing power options in 1903 da2570ce-c8b1-48ba-b56d-5a532ba64e52?upload=true.png

I posted this on r/Dell and someone said that MS removed the option for different brightness on battery vs. plugged in with 1903. I don't think I can downgrade to 1809 because the laptop came with 1903 installed; I did not update from 1809 to 1903.

Does anyone know of another registry key that might either bring those two options back, or if there's a place in the registry itself that I can change the options regardless of whether they're showing in control panel?

:)

J_716, Aug 6, 2019
  2. shivj Win User

Power options missing 1903

After upgrading to version 1903 the only Power Option available is Balanced. Thats it - No High Performance , .

How to get them back , ?

Tried various methods via Command Prompt and Powershell to which they both accepted the commands but still no other Power Options.

Or they now not available under 1903. ?

Missing power options in 1903 38a6a7d8-4f50-44cf-b614-0eae5f548178?upload=true.png

shivj, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Power options missing 1903

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

What is the make and model number of your computer?

Try the below methods and check if you get back the power plans.

Method 1:
    Checking For System File Corruption And Restoring Default Power Plans.

Click on the Start Menu > Search for Command Prompt >
    Right-click on Command Prompt > Click on Run As Administrator.

Once the Command Prompt is up and running, type the following commands one by one and hit
    Enter after each command is executed successfully.

• sfc /scannow
    • powercfg –restoredefaultschemes
    • DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Restart the computer once after executing the above commands and check for the issue.

If the issue persists, then follow Method 2.

Method 2: Reactivating High Performance Power Plan.

1. Right-click on the battery icon from the
      taskbar and click on Power Options.
    2. From the left-pane, click on Create a power plan and
      checkbox the option High Performance.
    3. At the bottom of the window, type in a name for the plan and click on
      Next.

Restart the computer once after making the changes and check if the plan is reactivated and if not, then follow
    Method 3.

Method 3:
    Making Changes To The Registry.

Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully.
    For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, please refer this link:
    How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

1. Press the Windows and R keys > Type
      Regedit > Hit Enter.
    2. Once the left pane, go to the following location:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
      \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \
      Control \ Power
    3. Click on Power and on the right side,
      double-click
      on CsEnabled key and change the Value data from
      1 to 0.
    4. Restart the computer once and check if you are able to see the power plans.

If the issue persists, then follow Method 3.

Method 4:
    Creating A New User Account.

If you are still not able to see the power plans after following the troubleshooting steps from the above methods, then I suggest you to
    Create A New Administrator User Account and
    check if you are able to see the power plans in the newly created user account.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after performing the above troubleshooting steps, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Shafeeq_Khan, Aug 6, 2019
  4. davidhk Win User

davidhk, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Missing power options in 1903 - Similar Threads - Missing power options

2. power options missing on desktop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power options missing on desktop: no power optionsreset, shutdown, sleep show as available on my desktop i have tried the following based on other discussionsRan command prompt as admin using sfc/scannow followed by DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth then finished with shutdown /r -t 5 results:...
  3. Power options missing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power options missing: I cannot display the power options in the GUI display for the "High Performance" power plan. That is also the only one that appears, NO other defaults such as "Balanced" or "Power Saver": C:\Users\LeLor>powercfg /list Existing Power Schemes * Active...
  4. Advanced Power Options missing networking options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Advanced Power Options missing networking options: I have a 2020 Spectre X360 15 EB000. Version 1909, Build 18363.900. My Advanced Power Options does not have a network setting to allow me to able / disable networking while plugged in and in sleep mode. Does anyone know how to add this option, and whether or not adding may...
  5. Missing Advanced Power Options

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Advanced Power Options: I have a new Asus Zenbook UX431 with W10x64. Stock install. Win Pro. I only have 2 power plans: -'Balanced' -'Asus Recommended' However, when I goto advanced power options, I only have 4 available settings: Background, Sleep, Display, and Battery (see pic) I am missing all...
  6. Power options missing 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power options missing 1903: After upgrading to version 1903 the only Power Option available is Balanced. Thats it - No High Performance , . How to get them back , ? Tried various methods via Command Prompt and Powershell to which they both accepted the commands but still no other Power Options. Or...
  7. Missing power plan in power options

Missing power plan in power options: I always choosing only power saver power plan to prevent cpu usage high and overheating. But starting may the power plan settings is missing only 'Balanced(Recommended)" is the remain choice. I think caused by windows update. Anybody microsoft personnel who read this pls...
  8. Missing power options

Missing power options: I apparently have Fast Startup enabled after upgrading to Win10. I would like to turn it off so I am not automatically logged on when I power up. (We don't have the IDs password protected on this desktop PC.) There are very simple instructions given in a TenForums tutorial,...
  9. Missing power options

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing power options: Oi! I had problems with my power options, in both Windows 8.1 as well as Windows 10 (clean install). I just have the balansed power mode set, but I would like to have performance enabled. Do you guys know of any way of enabling it? Here's a screenshot of my power options:...
  10. Power Options missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Options missing: I am having difficulty with Windows 10 shutdown. There is no power options in shutdown from Start Alt- f 10 does not show the options listed in winnows key sh9ortcuts Hovering the mouse at the lower right of the screen does not produce shutdown options The computer is HP...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1903 power settings

2. windows 10 1903 csenabled 0

3. 1903 ignoring power settings

4. sleep mode power menu missing from win 10 1903