Windows 10: Missing Store App fix?

Discus and support Missing Store App fix? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi peeps, I'm not very computer savvy so bare with me. I upgraded to windows 10 which went fine but my Store App was missing/corrupted*Sad - all other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by knottend1, Oct 8, 2015.

1. knottend1 Win User

Missing Store App fix?

Hi peeps,
    I'm not very computer savvy so bare with me. I upgraded to windows 10 which went fine but my Store App was missing/corrupted*Sad - all other aspects of win 10 seem to be working absolutely fine. I contacted tech support who spent just short of 5 hours remotely acessing my pc to try to fix the issue. Their only solution was to advise me that I would need to purchase a very large external hardrive and a USB and completely reset my computer. They also advised that I would have to reinstall all the programmes which I have currently on my pc. Given that my 1T hard drive is 80% full including over 100 programmes this doesnt seem a viable option. I currently have very poor internet connection and am reliant on mobile wifi to make downloads. Time wise this can take over 6 hours to download a single programme. In terms of cost I have to pay £30/10G of downloaded data. Downloading Witcher 2 (which I have already bought and installed) which is excess of 20G would in itself cost me £60+ just in data useage and could take 2 days to download. Thats just one programme!

All I want to do is find a way of downloading the store app so I can puchase/download other apps from the Store. Any help much appreciated.

:)

knottend1, Oct 8, 2015
  2. stocktiki Win User

Store Apps Missing and Invisible after Fall Creators Update

Same problem here. All Store apps are missing - including the Store app.

stocktiki, Oct 8, 2015
  3. How to downgrade windows 10 version 1709 to 1703

I noticed that several of the missing apps are not installed in the system drive, but in another hard drive. my concern is that Store is also missing. I do not have even in the settings/apps&features' list.

I tried to reset some of the missing apps but I can't reset the Windows Store is if not listed.

Josue Prieto, Oct 8, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Missing Store App fix?

Cliff S, Oct 8, 2015
  5. knottend1 Win User
    Thanks for the propmpt reply - unfortunately I'm pretty sure that the tech guys from MS tried this while they accessed my PC for 5 hours - they also tried inputtin all kinds of complex looking codes and command prompts all to no avail.
    The second option looks a bit more promising though looking at some of the screen shots posted they also look similar to what the tech peeps tried. In addition I would be very nervous about attempting this as it looks way beyond my level of expertise*Sad The only part of windows 10 that seems to be missing is the Store App - all I want to do is find a link where I can download it as per other apps and programmes - this I would be capable of*Smile

knottend1, Oct 9, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    I'm sorry to say, but it doesn't work that way. I once uninstalled the store(don't ask, it was an experiment*Redface) and the only way to get it back, was a Repair install. The Store is integrated deep in the OS. It not only downloads, updates & installs other apps, it's also responsible for their correct running.

How did you get Windows 10? Through Windows Update from a prior Windows version? Or did you use the Media Creation Tool, and have a copy of the ISO then?

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Missing Store App fix?

1. Missing Store App fix? - Similar Threads - Missing Store App

2. Missing Microsoft Store Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Microsoft Store Apps: Hello everyone,I was trying to redeem my Microsoft reward points for Roblox Premium, but when I tried searching for Roblox in the App Store, it does not pop up. All I found were knockoffs and random games instead. Keep in mind I did buy my device from China, which might have...
  3. Microsoft Store App Missing

Microsoft Store App Missing: I've seen quite a few answered questions regarding this issue however none of those workarounds are working for me. I can pull up powershell and I pasted in the "copy and paste this" stuff but all I get is a pop up saying I need to reinstall an app to support or something...
  4. Microsoft store and apps are missing

Microsoft store and apps are missing: I had to reinstall Windows 10 2004 and since then the Microsoft store and apps are missing. I have tried the things that appear on the web but can't get any ideas back?...
  5. missing microsoft store app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    missing microsoft store app: I'm missing microsoft store app and mail app. Can anyone assist. Microsoft assistance seek and steps followed like scannow and DISM. results still missing the Microsoft Store app...
  6. App Store and Other Apps are missing

App Store and Other Apps are missing: A month ago, I was trying to use another monitor for my laptop, yet I didn't have a new monitor with an HDMI port I think that's the name. So, I took my old computer runs the windows 10 as well as my laptop and connected my computer to my laptop with an HDMI cord. I don't...
  7. microsoft store & apps missing

microsoft store & apps missing: i had to reinstall windows 10 1909 and since then Microsoft store & apps are missing-have tried things listed on web but cannot git it back any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-apps-missing/c46101cd-6ad7-4a2a-9537-1921b430a465
  8. windows store app missing

windows store app missing: windows store app along with installer package missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-store-app-missing/c2e6d882-f7c6-42a7-adc0-3980caf8dded
  9. Microsoft Store app missing.

Microsoft Store app missing.: What i did was the app reset. Now its nowhere . Not in Cortana, Apps and Features, etc. I ran the troubleshooter from Microsoft. both inbuilt and the one downloaded from MS. And I can get this message " you need a new app to open this ms-windows-store. "...
  10. Microsoft Store app missing

Microsoft Store app missing: Split from this thread. I lost my microsost store in my pc.How redownload the ms store application by fee https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-app-missing/a857f08d-fb49-457e-af17-54323e039f71"