Windows 10: Monitor blank stuck in power saving mode, now solved....so far.

Discus and support Monitor blank stuck in power saving mode, now solved....so far. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; No techie at all but hope this helps.... For some reason the monitor suddenly went blank this afternoon saying "No Signal". Spent a lot of time and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Arcadian, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Arcadian Win User

Monitor blank stuck in power saving mode, now solved....so far.

No techie at all but hope this helps....

For some reason the monitor suddenly went blank this afternoon saying "No Signal". Spent a lot of time and read a lot of posts via Google trying to sort it out without success until I read something somewhere about "Define power buttons and turn on Password protection" in "Power Options" none of which I really understood. However at the bottom it said "require or don't require a password" which as I'd already created one ignored and was about to continue looking.

Then at the last moment I thought why not so ticked the box that said "Don't require a password" re-booted and the monitor came on ! Strangest of all I had to enter my original password again and so far it's been fine ever since.

I'll leave it all to the experts but I was already thinking I'd have to buy a new monitor even though this is only a couple of years old so obviously very chuffed - though I've still got my fingers crossed.

So if it's of any help to anyone....?

:)

Arcadian, Aug 21, 2016

2. monitor stuck in power save mode

Power on and off your computer three times

On the third time, your computer will boot into the Advanced Recovery environment

Click Advanced Options

Click Troubleshoot

Click Advanced options

Click Startup Settings

Click Restart

Press (4) to Enable Safe Mode

Wait while Windows 10 starts in safe mode.

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Display adapters

Right click the current display adapter

Click Properties

Click Driver tab

Click Rollback driver if the option is available

If not

Right click the current display adapter

Click Uninstall

Exit Device Manager

Restart

If that does not work, try performing a system restore before this problem occurred.

I recommend you uninstall the KB4048955, KB4048954 (Windows 10 1703)

Microsoft issued an update for several versions of WIndows 10: KB4048954, KB4048955 that has caused issues with display drivers. If you know the make and model of your computer, you can try manually reinstalling the driver from the manufacturers website for
    your video driver.

Press Windows key + R

Type: appwiz.cpl

Hit Enter

Click View installed updates

Select the recent update

(This is the update you want to uninstall KB4048955)

Right click it then click uninstall.

Restart then see if stability is restored.

The update might try to install again. So, try blocking it.

Is there an option or work around to block updates or hardware drivers that might cause problems?

Yes, Microsoft has released a KB update (KB3073930) that will let users block or hide Windows or driver updates.

You can download it at the following link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

If its the icons and toolbars, then Go back to Start > Settings > System > Display

Click in the Scale and layout list box, try another scale such as 125 to see if that works or play around with custom scaling.

Option 2:

Perform a repair upgrade

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

Andre Da Costa, Aug 21, 2016
  3. Rohn007 Win User
    monitor stuck in power save mode

A recent video update has been causing havoc for many people. You are "lucky", for many people it has caused their monitor to display in "wrong" resolutions. The "fix" is basically what you have discovered, undo the video driver update. The trick you have
    not picked up on yet is that you have to block windows from redoing the "improvement" for you. Here are some tips:

UNINSTALL VIDEO DRIVER

This is a recent, VERY common problem being asked on the site. The current unverified best guess is to try resetting the Video driver: either roll it back, or uninstall it and let win re-install, or windows upgrade it or manually download upgrade from video
    system builder site

- In start menu search for Control Panel’ (icon view)

- Right click on Device Manager

- Select Run as Admin

- Expand Display Adapters

- double click on the device whose driver you need to uninstall to display the Driver Properties dialog

- You have buttons for 3 options:

- if it is active and you think the problem is a recent update, you can try the “Roll Back Driver button”

- or you can try the Uninstall button

- or you can try the Update Driver to let Windows do the update (often doing a driver update “manually” is better)

- restart Windows

If it is not an Intel(R) HD Graphics driver, make note of the name (in case the fix above did not work). Go to the web site for the video card maker and see if they have a newer driver for the specific video card. Also ask the same question there to see if
    they can come up with a better answer.

2015 05 28- HOW TO FIND & REPLACE OUTDATED WINDOWS DRIVERS - VIDEO DRIVERS

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/find-replace-outda...

2017 11 24- UNINSTALL UPDATE KB4055254 / KB4055254

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5486-uninst...

IF YOU HAVE AN AMD / RADEON / FIREPRO VIDEO OR AMD CPU - REMOVE AMD DRIVERS

Remove AMD drivers completely and install the legacy ones from the AMD site:

1. Uninstall everything from AMD using their “Clean Uninstall Utility:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/...

2. Reboot the computer

3. Make sure Windows Device Manager shows “Microsoft Basic Display” adapter.

4. Download the legacy driver from here AMD, you may have to do a bit of digging to find the right driver:

Download Drivers (note you may have to do a google search to find this address

5. Run the driver Setup program

HIDE / BLOCK WIN AND DRIVER UPDATES

Microsoft has released KB3073930 that will let users block or hide Windows or driver updates.

You can download it at the following link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Rohn007, Aug 21, 2016
Thema:

Monitor blank stuck in power saving mode, now solved....so far.

1. Monitor blank stuck in power saving mode, now solved....so far. - Similar Threads - Monitor blank stuck

2. Monitor Power Saving Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Power Saving Mode: I am struggling with the monitoring going to power-saving mode as soon as I turn on my PC.I have been through every YT video fix cleaning the PC, changing the battery and cleaning the RAMS but this has made no difference. I have also tried different commands to try and reboot...
  3. Monitor Power Saving Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor Power Saving Mode: I am struggling with the monitoring going to power-saving mode as soon as I turn on my PC.I have been through every YT video fix cleaning the PC, changing the battery and cleaning the RAMS but this has made no difference. I have also tried different commands to try and reboot...
  4. Monitor Power Saving Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Monitor is stuck in Power Save mode and won't increase brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor is stuck in Power Save mode and won't increase brightness: We own a HP Victus, running Windows 11, bought this time last year. Used a few days ago and everything was fine. Put away unplugged after we were finished. Launched it today, plugged in and the screen brightness was ok. Went to install a game star wars, the old republic and...
  6. Monitor is stuck in Power Save mode and won't increase brightness

Monitor is stuck in Power Save mode and won't increase brightness: We own a HP Victus, running Windows 11, bought this time last year. Used a few days ago and everything was fine. Put away unplugged after we were finished. Launched it today, plugged in and the screen brightness was ok. Went to install a game star wars, the old republic and...
  7. Monitor Is Stuck In Power Saving Mode, But PC Is Running.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Is Stuck In Power Saving Mode, But PC Is Running.: Hello.So some time ago I faced a problem, when my monitor went power saving mode, and not showing anything from PC.I still can use this PC, because I found a trick to get around it, but I really want to fix this problem.Here's how everything goes:Monitor is in Power Saving...
  8. Monitor Is Stuck In Power Saving Mode, But PC Is Running.

Monitor Is Stuck In Power Saving Mode, But PC Is Running.: Hello.So some time ago I faced a problem, when my monitor went power saving mode, and not showing anything from PC.I still can use this PC, because I found a trick to get around it, but I really want to fix this problem.Here's how everything goes:Monitor is in Power Saving...
  9. Monitor Is Stuck In Power Saving Mode, But PC Is Running.

10. Monitor going into power save mode

Monitor going into power save mode: I've been having a problem with my computer going into power save mode. Sometimes I can use the PC for hours and sometimes it will happen within minutes, it will give me a black screen on the monitor telling me it is about to go into power save mode. The PC is still running...