Windows 10: Monitor won't go to sleep n Windows 10

Discus and support Monitor won't go to sleep n Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am trying to set my monitor to sleep after 5 minutes to save electricity and also not have to do it manually and have found that something is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Robkblue, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Robkblue Win User

Monitor won't go to sleep n Windows 10

I am trying to set my monitor to sleep after 5 minutes to save electricity and also not have to do it manually and have found that something is stopping it. I have an Acer Aspire V5-571G laptop with a Samsung 27" C27F591FDE monitor.

I have tried a number of things after researching this common problem on the internet and they all fail to fix the issue. During testing I have seen the monitor go into sleep mode a few times out of about 30-40 tests. This seems more random anomalies and there is no consistency in the conditions or state of the PC when it does work.
    1. I have tried the powercfg commands to see if there is anything interrupting it - NONE.
    2. Removed all USB devices.
    3. Done a Windows "Clean Boot".
    4. Installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 without any other software or drivers.
    5. Booted into Safe Mode.
    6. Disabled or uninstalled Video card drivers.
    7. I set the power button in advanced power settings to turn off the monitor. It works but then turns itself back on within 5 to 10 seconds. Something is waking it up.
    8. Disconnecting internet.
    9. I've installed third party software to utilise keyboard shortcuts to switch off the monitor manually. They either don't work or again, it switches itself back on within a few seconds.
    10. In the Event Viewer, the only interesting entry is Event ID:34 BTHUSB - "The local adapter does not support an important Low Energy controller state to support peripheral mode. The minimum required supported state mask is 0x491f7fffff, got 0x1fffffff. Low Energy peripheral role functionality will not be available."
    I am not sure if this has anything to do with it but it's recurrence does not match every attempted sleep test.

Since this isn't even working in Safe Mode, either a very basic windows process or service is kicking it into life, or my laptop hardware is responsible. I can't confirm absolutely if the monitor sleep function has worked in the past with previous versions of Windows either.

I'm at my wit's end with this so any *USEFUL* more detailed technical fault finding or diagnostic tools or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

***Moved from Windows 10/ Windows settings***

:)

Robkblue, Dec 16, 2018

2. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Dec 16, 2018
  3. Monitors won't go to sleep... Why?

Set a screen saver to start after a minute for testing, then set your monitors to turn off after 3 minutes, don't let a mouse cord be moving. Another thing could be that a program is set to prevent windows from sleeping even.

Change Power Plan Settings in Windows 10

eidairaman1, Dec 16, 2018
  4. trparky Win User

Monitors won't go to sleep... Why?

I'm currently running Windows 10 version 17134.48 with nVidia driver version 391.35 with a GTX1060. My monitors won't go to sleep, I've come down to where my computer is and all night long the monitors have been on displaying the same thing which I can't help but to think is not good for the LCD screen itself. So here I am wondering just why the monitors won't go to sleep and just what I can do to troubleshoot this issue.

trparky, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Monitor won't go to sleep n Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Monitor won't sleep

2. Monitor won't going to sleep or randomly going to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor won't going to sleep or randomly going to sleep: Hello,same question as ; https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/displayport-monitor-never-goes-to-sleep/a992a91a-9aa8-4e4b-a65e-b906200649eaThe original answer by microsoft team is not usefull only 1 positive vote and 53 other people has the same problem so...
  3. Monitor won't going to sleep or randomly going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor won't going to sleep or randomly going to sleep: Hello,same question as ; https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/displayport-monitor-never-goes-to-sleep/a992a91a-9aa8-4e4b-a65e-b906200649eaThe original answer by microsoft team is not usefull only 1 positive vote and 53 other people has the same problem so...
  4. Monitor won't going to sleep or randomly going to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Monitor going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor going to sleep: Hey,I've a problem with here. When i connect my HP monitor to acer Aspire v5 using a VGA cable,the monitor goes to sleep and when i disconnect it,it wakes up saying checking for video cables...
  6. Monitors won't go to sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitors won't go to sleep: Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1016) I recently got a new video card (nVidia GeForce RTX 2060) and a new monitor (Viotek GNV27DB, using DisplayPort), I also have another monitor also plugged in (HP LV2311, using DVI). After setting everything up I noticed a few...
  7. My monitor won't go sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My monitor won't go sleep: I have a two-monitors setupone connected with a displayport and one with an HDMI. When my monitors go sleep, the secondHDMI show a warning: signal not foundand that is ok, the firstDISPLAYPORT show the same warning and after he go sleep, he go again on showing a black image...
  8. Monitor won't sleep in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor won't sleep in Windows 10: I am trying to set my monitor to sleep after 5 minutes to save electricity and also not have to do it manually and have found that something is stopping it. I have an Acer Aspire V5-571G laptop with a Samsung 27" C27F591FDE monitor. I have tried a number of things after...
  9. Monitor won't sleep in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor won't sleep in Windows 10: I am trying to set my monitor to sleep after 5 minutes to save electricity and also not have to do it manually and have found that something is stopping it. I have an Acer Aspire V5-571G laptop with a Samsung 27" C27F591FDE monitor. I have tried a number of things after...
  10. Monitor won't go to sleep n Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor won't go to sleep n Windows 10: I am trying to set my monitor to sleep after 5 minutes to save electricity and also not have to do it manually and have found that something is stopping it. I have an Acer Aspire V5-571G laptop with a Samsung 27" C27F591FDE monitor. I have tried a number of things after...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 monitor wont go to sleep

2. monitor wont go to sleep windows 10

3. Win 10 monitors wont go to sleep

4. display wont sleep windows 10,
  5. monitor wont go to sleep,
  6. windows 10 monitors wont sleep,
  7. acer vg270p wont go to sleep,
  8. windows 10 monitor wont sleep,
  9. monitors wont go to sleep,
  10. monitor wont sleep windows 10