Windows 10: More problems reported after Windows 10 KB4524147 update

Discus and support More problems reported after Windows 10 KB4524147 update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; On October 3, Microsoft issued an out of the band update for Windows 10 version 1903 and older versions with important security improvements. The patch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Oct 6, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

More problems reported after Windows 10 KB4524147 update

On October 3, Microsoft issued an out of the band update for Windows 10 version 1903 and older versions with important security improvements. The patch also included a fix for an earlier issue where the Printer feature wouldn’t work properly on Windows 10 version 1909, otherwise known as May 2019 Update.

However, since issuing the Windows 10 KB4524147, reports are coming in that this update, which is supposed to fix the “print spooler issue”, actually breaks the print spooler on PCs where it was functioning normally before the updates.

In a Reddit thread, system administrators are reporting that Printer spooler service has stopped working after applying the update.

“Yep some of our workstations got the KB4524147 update last night and got multiple calls this morning about printing not working. Spooler service keeps crashing. Uninstalled the update and printing working again. This has got to be a joke from MS. We just finished uninstalling the last KB that broke printing and now another one,” a frustrated administrator said.

The issue has been reported on the Microsoft community forum and Feedback Hub as well.

Installation issues

As per another Reddit thread, Microsoft community forum and Feedback Hub, Windows 10 KB4524147 installation ends abruptly or installation fails after a certain percentage.

“Windows Update keeps failing to install 2019-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 1903 x64 KB4524147 with error 0x800f081f,” a user said on Feedback Hub.

Microsoft is yet to acknowledge the botched Windows 10 update problems but you can remove the patch to resolve all these problems.

The post More problems reported after Windows 10 KB4524147 update appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Oct 6, 2019

2. Cumulative Update KB4524147 Windows 10 v1903 build 18362.388 - Oct. 3 Win Update

Have a look at this article. That might help in resolving your issue:
    How to Fix Windows 10 Update Error Code: 0x800F0922?

How to Fix Windows 10 Update Error Code: 0x800F0922?

EDIT: For the the step regarding Resetting Windows update, it is better to use tenforums' tutorial:
    Reset Windows Update in Windows 10

IronZorg89, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 6, 2019
  4. More problems reported after Windows 10 KB4524147 update

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

More problems reported after Windows 10 KB4524147 update

1. More problems reported after Windows 10 KB4524147 update - Similar Threads - More problems reported

2. latest updates KB4517389 and KB4524147

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    latest updates KB4517389 and KB4524147: My laptop has been working fine UNTIL these last two updates were installed, now it doesn't want to boot and once it does it runs so slowly that I am seriously thinking of switching to APPLE. What's going on here and what can I do about it?...
  3. Windows 10 Cumulative Update 10/4/2019 (KB4524147) stops printers

Windows 10 Cumulative Update 10/4/2019 (KB4524147) stops printers: After 2019-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64 based systems (KB4524147) was installed I could not print on any printer, local or remote. I get a "no printers installed" error but all my printers are visible in my settings menu. When I try to print I get...
  4. How to cure Print Spooler problem after installing Updates KB4524147 and KB4522738?

How to cure Print Spooler problem after installing Updates KB4524147 and KB4522738?: Installed Updates KB4524147 and KB4522738; now computer cannot find printers, try to PRINT gives: Operation could not be competed (0x000006ba). The local print spooler server s not running , please start spooler or restart machine. Restarted computer 3 times without solving...
  5. KB4524147

KB4524147: I've red some post from users having problems with KB4524147 In my case the KB4524147 break the dns resolution in combination of using open VPN. After installing the update, reboot and connected to my company via ovpn i see my dns server and can rosolve names, a few...
  6. KB4524147 Update Breaks Windows Search

in Cortana
    KB4524147 Update Breaks Windows Search: After installing this update Windows search is not working - can't even type anything into the search box. After uninstalling the update Search returns to normal operation. I did not experience any Start menu problems, just with Windows search. So apparently we still have...
  7. Sector D: and E: and F -> not access after the update KB4524147

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sector D: and E: and F -> not access after the update KB4524147: Hello, after the update October 3, 2019-KB4524147 (OS Build 18362.388): I no longer have access to my secure Bitlocker sector D: and E: and F:. These sector are on an SSD and an HDD. But it's OK for an external HDD and USB sticks. Do you have an idea for this problem? Thank...
  8. Printing broken after KB4524147

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printing broken after KB4524147: Hi All, So I had an issue where after this update, the local print spooler would just crash and not stay running. It was verified and went back to normal after I removed the hotfix. What I saw was that the print spooler would crash and it wouldn't stay running....
  9. After update KB4524147 search no longer working

After update KB4524147 search no longer working: After installing update KB4524147 search isn't working anymore. After installing an update from september I had the same problem only then the taskbar was not working. I removed that and problem was gone. Now taskbar working except for search. This isn't the problem from...
  10. Start menu broken after KB4524147

Start menu broken after KB4524147: I'm running windows 10 home 1903.The latest cumulative update kills the start menu for me. Clicking the start button opens up a window saying " Critical error start menu not working,sign out ..." somthing like that . I tried reinstalling all windows store apps via...
Tags: