Windows 10: Mount DVD ISO

Discus and support Mount DVD ISO in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey guys, I have a copy of Battle for Middle Earth and I want to be able to play it without the disc since I have no optical drive. Currently I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LeBrayn Jomms, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Mount DVD ISO

Hey guys,

I have a copy of Battle for Middle Earth and I want to be able to play it without the disc since I have no optical drive. Currently I use an external optical drive every time I want to play but it's becoming quite a hassle. I've searched for a long time trying to figure out how to mount .iso files but I'm pretty confused at this point. I can't even find an .iso file in the DVD drive so I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong.

Any help would be very appreciated, thanks.

:)

LeBrayn Jomms, Mar 22, 2016

2. Problems with install Win7 with iso

did you actually turn the ISO into installation media on DVD or USB ?

or

did you mount the ISO as a fake drive and start the setup?

if you did that

then the mounted ISO ceases to exist as a mounted drive as soon as the first reboot happens and setup cannot continue

if you created a DVD or USB then either the ISO file or the resultant media might be damaged

Locutus deBorg, Mar 22, 2016
  3. Windows 10: Winmm.dll Issues

No need to extract ISO file. Right click the downloaded ISO file and select Mount. Then under This PC, you'll the ISO mounted to DVD drive. Run the setup.exe file from there.

Kapil Arya MVP, Mar 22, 2016
  4. Clint Win User

Mount DVD ISO

Clint, Mar 22, 2016
  5. philc43 Win User
    The problem you have is that you need to create an ISO file from the DVD before you can mount it.

You need to use a 3rd party software tool to create an ISO file that contains all the files on the DVD you have. There are a number of tools that will do this and you can find them if you Google "How to create an ISO file from a DVD". One example is InfraRecorder

philc43, Mar 22, 2016
  6. philc43,

That makes sense. So the disc itself doesn't actually come with an ISO file? I guess I'm just a little confused as to what that is exactly and I haven't found a great answer online yet.

7. Source: What's an ISO File and How Do You Use One?

blackroseMD1, Mar 22, 2016
  8. Mount DVD ISO

Gotcha, that's a perfect explanation. Exactly what I needed. So, to summarize, I just need to create an ISO file with a 3rd party application and then I will be able to mount that file, right?

9. philc43 Win User
    *Biggrin You've got it - that's exactly what you will need to do.

philc43, Mar 22, 2016
  10. Berton Win User
    One thing that has worked for me several times over several version of Windows has been to create a Folder on the HDD then copy all the contents of a CD or DVD into that Folder, could do the same with a USB drive on any computer with the ODD. Then I locate the install.* or setup.* file in that Folder to start the install. If any files are further needed from the original disc they can be found in that Folder. It works really great with an encyclopedia, mapping software, dictionary, etc.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Mount DVD ISO

1. Mount DVD ISO - Similar Threads - Mount DVD ISO

2. Problem mounting the iso file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem mounting the iso file: I am having two virtual machines, server 1 and server-db.I have copied an sql iso file from server1 to server db. But when i try to install sql on db server, it is giving me an error “sorry, there was a problem mounting the file”.I have copied the iso file through UNC...
  3. Problem mounting the iso file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem mounting the iso file: I am having two virtual machines, server 1 and server-db.I have copied an sql iso file from server1 to server db. But when i try to install sql on db server, it is giving me an error “sorry, there was a problem mounting the file”.I have copied the iso file through UNC...
  4. Windows can't mount ISO

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows can't mount ISO: When I try to mount .iso file with Windows Explorer, a blue loading circle appears for 2-3 minutes and I get this error: Sorry, there was a problem mounting the file. My ISO is not broken, I m sure because I can extract it with Winrar and I can mount it in another PC. I tried...
  5. Error while mounting ISO

Error while mounting ISO: I've tried a variety of methods to mount various ISO's (which are fine, I can open them in 7ZIP) and no dice. The powershell method gives me an error message... mount-diskimage -imagepath "X:\new build\DAW\NI Installers\cuba.iso" mount-diskimage : The semaphore timeout...
  6. Iso file mounting

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Iso file mounting: I want to know if you can delete the ISO File right after you mount it, does it keep mounted? Because I am having low space in my driver and I want to install this app, but the size is bigger than my available space so that's why. 144282
  7. ISO Files Won't Mount

ISO Files Won't Mount: [ATTACH] Hello, I've been having trouble with opening/mounting ISO files. These problems didn't happen before and have never happened before, so you can imagine my bewilderment. I click on the ISO files and my computer appears to be processing it, since I get the hour glass...
  8. Windows 10 Mount Iso

Windows 10 Mount Iso: I cannot mount ISO files in Windows 10 anymore. I used to right click on it and click Mount. I've read online that the fix for this is to right click on the file, click Open With and select Windows Explorer. However, that is not an option. The only option I have is Windows...
  9. mount an ISO at boot?

mount an ISO at boot?: Since we can boot to Command Prompt in Windows 10 is it possible to mount an ISO directly from that? Assume I didn't burn the ISO or load it to USB first. In my case System File Checker is asking for a drive letter to use as a reference file system. 46093
  10. Mounting ISO file

Mounting ISO file: I just recently updated from windows 7 to windows 10 I use ISO files regularly and need to get this fixed. I am unable to mount any iso files or even run and iso mounting software. I keep reading that all i have to do is select the file and i should be given the option either...