Windows 10: Mouse driver issue, cursor has vanished

Discus and support Mouse driver issue, cursor has vanished in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, first time posting here, was hoping you could help me with a bizarre problem that I've encountered today. My newly built PC told me there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ProjectJAY, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Mouse driver issue, cursor has vanished

Hello all, first time posting here, was hoping you could help me with a bizarre problem that I've encountered today.

My newly built PC told me there was a problem with my PS/2 mouse driver (mouse is a Razer Naga 2014 with wired USB connection and had been working perfectly up to this point). Not really knowing what this meant, I decided to ask Windows to automatically fix it anyway. Upon restarting my system...my mouse no longer worked and the mouse cursor had completely vanished.

The mouse is still receiving power and still shows up on my list of connected devices, which makes me think that its driver has been uninstalled by Windows. Razer's driver management is handled through their Synapse application but it now says it can't detect any Razer enabled devices (including my Razer keyboard, which is still working) and therefore doesn't give me the option to download any drivers. And to add insult to injury, Windows is still telling me that PS/2 driver needs fixing.

I'm completely at a loss, has anyone else experienced this issue?

:)

ProjectJAY, Feb 11, 2016
  2. robins1 Win User

My Cursor Is missing in windows 10

Today my cursor vanished too. Connected my mouse to my laptop and that doesn't work either. Neither does my touchpad, or my keyboard. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

robins1, Feb 11, 2016
  3. sjdomin Win User
    Unstable Mouse cursor

Running Windows 10 (preinstalled) on HP laptop.

The default scheme (arrow) for the mouse cursor spontaneously changes after a while to various things (grid, long arrow) or sometime completely vanishes. Attempts to correct via Control Panel fail since new schemes or shapes fail to get applied. On Restart,
    the correct cursor shape begins but after varying times (whether or not a program is running) changes kick in again. It is as though some hidden program is directing the cursor shape to change (a malware screen shows no infection of any kind)

Note that this problem seems to be specific to pre-installed Windows 10: on both my other laptop or desktop on which I UPGRADED to Windows 10, this problem does not occur.

The driver update says the mouse driver is the newest available.

sjdomin, Feb 11, 2016
  4. Mouse driver issue, cursor has vanished

Have you checked Device Manager
    You may find a yellow make against
    Mice and other pointing devices
    Click on that and you should be able to
    Reinstall or update your driver from there
    You will also find your keypad there as well

hTconeM9user, Feb 12, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    To : ProjectJay,

Do you have this problem since day one, or is this issue happened just recently ?

If just recently, try a system restore. Pick a date when you did NOT have this problem as your restore point.
    System Restore Windows 10

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Mouse driver issue, cursor has vanished

1. Mouse driver issue, cursor has vanished - Similar Threads - Mouse driver issue

2. Mouse Cursor Snapping Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Cursor Snapping Issue: HiRecently I encountered a few issues related to the mouse cursor not snapping the corners of the object I was selecting. Below are some examples:1. In Excel, when you select a cell and move the cursor to the bottom right corner of the cell where the dot is, normally the...
  3. Mouse Cursor Snapping Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Cursor Snapping Issue: HiRecently I encountered a few issues related to the mouse cursor not snapping the corners of the object I was selecting. Below are some examples:1. In Excel, when you select a cell and move the cursor to the bottom right corner of the cell where the dot is, normally the...
  4. Mouse Cursor Snapping Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mouse Cursor movement issues.

Mouse Cursor movement issues.: So, when I use my mouse for video games, like Overwatch or TF2, and I try to move my mouse fast it moves fast for a second, than it slows down the sensitivity where it looks like I'm spinning slowly, than it stops at where it was supposed to. the issue is that it goes slow...
  6. Bluetooth has vanished

Bluetooth has vanished: I have been happily using Amazon Echo as my speaker for my admittedly elderly Inspiron 1710. I installed a new hard drive a few weeks ago. The computer is running Win 10 up to date. The Echo connects with Bluetooth and has been working just fine for several years, as...
  7. Mouse cursor issues, Anomalies

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse cursor issues, Anomalies: Mouse Cursor Issues this has been going on for a long time, and just gets worse. Over a period of about 2-1/2 years. Several different mice, several fresh installs, several updates. Windows 10 Home, and Pro. mouse will just all of the sudden change after lagging...
  8. Mouse Cursor vanishes

Mouse Cursor vanishes: Since upgrading to W10, my wireless mouse pointer keeps disappearing. Also, if typing, the place is lost. The cursor is disappearing to the right of the screen Moving the mouse brings it back. I have tried many suggestions to fix the problem but to no avail. The same problem...
  9. Mouse Cursor Issue

Mouse Cursor Issue: Hello, I am using Windows 10 Home 64-bit (Build 1903). Recently, at random times, my mouse cursor will disappear going to my second or third monitor. The cursor is still working to a degree on the other screens, but you can't see it until it highlights over an item....
  10. Mouse cursor issues

Mouse cursor issues: I don't know what happened to my computer, right now my mouse cursor jumps every time I start typing. This happens with all apps, what could be the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-cursor-issues/e66586b9-50e2-4617-aadd-19a3fca2a255

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why did the cursor vanish on my 2018 HP envy laptop