Windows 10: Mouse Pointer Randomly Changing Icons in Windows 10

Discus and support Mouse Pointer Randomly Changing Icons in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I recently built a PC, and have enjoyed Windows thus far. However, there seems to be a recurring issue that has become quite frustrating to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimmicus, Aug 5, 2019.

1. jimmicus Win User

Mouse Pointer Randomly Changing Icons in Windows 10

Hi,

I recently built a PC, and have enjoyed Windows thus far. However, there seems to be a recurring issue that has become quite frustrating to diagnose, and quite honestly I've tried near all of the solutions I could find online to diagnose the issue, without ANY success.

I have tried reinstalling the drivers, that did not work.

I have tried changing out the mouse to a different mouse, that did not work.

I have tried using a different USB port for the mouse, that did not work.

There are a few other methods that I have used to diagnose the issue, with the last resort option being to completely reinstall Windows. I took this step on Friday. After about 4-5 hours of computer usage, the problem reappeared.

This issue is not consistent, as in I can't choose when I want to reproduce the issue. It just feels completely random.

Another note is that once the issue starts, it doesn't go away for quite some time. Next time the issue occurs, I will attempt to get a screenshot so that my issue is better understood.

:)

jimmicus, Aug 5, 2019
  2. A234A10 Win User

Mouse pointer icon randomly changing

Mouse pointer icon randomly changes and makes it hard to use, reinstalled a fresh Windows 10 same issue.

[Version 10.0.17763.55]

A234A10, Aug 5, 2019
  3. Zorro17 Win User
    Windows 10 mouse pointer icon randomly changing

Windows 10 mouse pointer icon randomly changes to extremely difficult to use 3/4" broken vertical line. (Random defined as once every several days).

Fixed temporarily by doing computer restart or changing mouse icon to undesired mouse trails. Running 3 - Windows 10 desktops/laptops with problem

only observed on one HP desktop.

Zorro17, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Mouse Pointer Randomly Changing Icons in Windows 10

the mouse pointer's busy icon has changed randomly

Hi Jathin,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the mouse pointer changed on the computer. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Open the Control Panel
    , and click on the Mouse icon.

Click/tap on the Pointers tab.

In the Scheme drop down menu, select a default or saved pointer scheme you want to use.

A) Under Customize, select a pointer you want to change. (see screenshots below)

B) Click/tap on Use Default if you want to change the pointer to use the default pointer for it.

C) Click/tap on Browse if you would like to change the pointer to use an
    unblocked .ani or .cur file of your choice. Navigate to and select the
    .ani or .cur file, and click/tap on Open.

E) Click/tap on Apply to make the change to see how you like it.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Mouse Pointer Randomly Changing Icons in Windows 10

1. Mouse Pointer Randomly Changing Icons in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Mouse Pointer Randomly

2. Mouse Pointer Won't Change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Pointer Won't Change: Hi there,My PC is fully up-to-date in regards to Windows 11 & mouse driver so it is not an issue related to things needing to be updated.I have never been able to change my pointer. When in mouse settings & selecting the pointer I am wanting it won't even change my actual...
  3. Mouse Pointer color change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Pointer color change: Hi Team , While using magnifier , mouse pointer color is changing green to white when something trying to install . This issue started after the KB5011487 update . If magnifier is not opened and there is no issue while installing . Its something odd and this issue is over all...
  4. Mouse Pointer color change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mouse Pointer color change: Hi Team , While using magnifier , mouse pointer color is changing green to white when something trying to install . This issue started after the KB5011487 update . If magnifier is not opened and there is no issue while installing . Its something odd and this issue is over all...
  5. Mouse Pointer color change

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Changing Mouse Pointer Size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Mouse Pointer Size: Hello All: I Understand about % scaling of text and other things between multiple monitors. I have a 4k monitor, 2k one, and a 1080. You know what would be friggin awesome? A way to change the size of the mouse from 1 display to the other. So, that...
  7. How to change mouse pointers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change mouse pointers: Hi, I have downloaded a mouse pointer pack that includes pointers that you get while hovering over text or when you are over something clickable. However, I can't seem to find a way to apply them all. I can just apply one of them as they become the standard mouse pointer, is...
  8. Mouse pointer icon randomly changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse pointer icon randomly changing: Mouse pointer icon randomly changes and makes it hard to use, reinstalled a fresh Windows 10 same issue. [Version 10.0.17763.55] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-icon-randomly-changing/9d59b53d-bc30-4449-b757-be289ad0c6d7
  9. Mouse pointer randomly stops

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer randomly stops: For quite awhile, I've been encountering a mouse pointer problem on my PC (Windows 10), and its driving me nuts *Mad because it never happened while I was on Windows 7. The cursor occassionally or randomly stops moving when I move the mouse consistently. Demonstration:...
  10. Change Mouse Pointers in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Mouse Pointers in Windows 10: How to: Change Mouse Pointers and Change Pointer Color and Size in Windows 10 How to Change Mouse Pointers and Change Pointer Color and Size in Windows 10 A mouse pointer or cursor is a graphical image on the PC monitor or other display device. The pointer echoes...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows cursor randomly changes size