Windows 10: Moved documents location. how do I restore it?

Discus and support Moved documents location. how do I restore it? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I moved my documents location from C:/Users/aaron/Documents to D:. It's not really ideal as the whole drive is dedicated to documents now. I probably... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Triskelion, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Moved documents location. how do I restore it?

I moved my documents location from C:/Users/aaron/Documents to D:. It's not really ideal as the whole drive is dedicated to documents now. I probably should have made the file structure inside the D drive first. How do I fix it? I can't create a new folder inside my user folder, it gets automatically deleted. If I try to move its location anywhere i get the message 'folder can't be moved here: failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "D:\recovery". Access is denied'. This is an empty partition

I'm running windows 10 pro 1909

:)

Triskelion, Apr 7, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Suddenly, Documents folder has moved to Downloads

We appreciate the details you've provided. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to move your Documents Folder Location in Windows 10:

• You need to create a new folder named Documents at the location you want to move your personal Documents folder.
    • Press Win + E to open File Explorer, right-click
      Documents, and select Properties.
    • Select the Location tab and click the Move button.
    • Browse and select the new Documents folder at the location you want to move the folder Documents. Click the
      Select Folder.
    • Click OK to apply.
    • Click Yes to move all the files from the old location to the new location.
    • Your personal Documents folder and all of its contents will now be moved to the new location.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Moved documents location. how do I restore it?

Brink, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

Moved documents location. how do I restore it?

1. Moved documents location. how do I restore it? - Similar Threads - Moved documents location

2. I moved my documents folder. how do i restore it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I moved my documents folder. how do i restore it: i moved my documents folder to drive D: and i cant change it back to its default placetrying to click restore to default gives me this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-moved-my-documents-folder-how-do-i-restore-it/2e33b37d-15c9-48c4-8cee-1be658daf772
  3. I moved my documents folder. how do i restore it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I moved my documents folder. how do i restore it: i moved my documents folder to drive D: and i cant change it back to its default placetrying to click restore to default gives me this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-moved-my-documents-folder-how-do-i-restore-it/2e33b37d-15c9-48c4-8cee-1be658daf772
  4. Unable to restore default location of Documents.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to restore default location of Documents.: I am using Windows 11 with OneDrive. OneDrive will not allow me restore default location of my documents folder. The only document folder that is available is the one listed in Users/Marc/OneDrive. When I try to restore default location through the properties dialog box, it...
  5. How do I change the location of This PC > Documents?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change the location of This PC > Documents?: When I open File Explorer, under This PC I have the following: Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Videos. I'm trying to change the locations Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, and Videos from my bootup drive to a data drive. I've managed this for...
  6. How do i move the location of the Notifications?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i move the location of the Notifications?: I love the feature of notifications they are great, but i find that the pops up in the bottom right corner SUPER ANNOYING! Is there a way to move it to the Top Right Corner?...
  7. How to move documents default location to another HD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to move documents default location to another HD: Hi, I am running out of space location on my SSD "C drive" . How can I move all default folders location to another HD to dedicate my SSD for Windows operation? Note I am running Win10 - 64. Thanks...
  8. Moving documents location, are there security risks?

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving documents location, are there security risks?: I have moved my documents location by following the tutorial at Move Location of Documents Folder in Windows 10 Is there any serious security risk in moving the documents from their default location and if so, how can I reverse the above move procedure? 136032
  9. How can I move the location of the Public Documents?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I move the location of the Public Documents?: Also, how can I move the location of the Public Documents? I only have the one user profile set up on this PC. I use the Public folders to access files with the other devices on our home network. 90465
  10. how do i change the location of 'documents'?

in Windows 10 Support
    how do i change the location of 'documents'?: Recently I've reset my laptop so i could use it for my education. However, since the reset the 'my documents' (and Pictures) user-folder at 'my PC' has been changed to the onedrive equivalent. I've tried turning off onedrive by changing my group policy, but it turned out...