Windows 10: Moving files from Users

Discus and support Moving files from Users in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Here's some help with your screenshot issue. How to take one and how to post one. Take Screenshot in Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials How to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by enfield250, Oct 29, 2017.

1. f14tomcat Win User

Moving files from Users

f14tomcat, Oct 30, 2017

2. The drive letter is D, as that is what the partition tool allowed.

enfield250, Oct 30, 2017
  3. The new created Our Photos partition has drive letter D: if you are having problem accessing D: partition change the drive letter by right clicking the D: partition from Disk Management.

FreeBooter, Oct 30, 2017
  4. Moving files from Users

I'm not having trouble accessing the D:/ drive.
    The problem I have is I appear to have two drives that are exactly the same, one marked D:/ and the other Our Photos (D*Smile.
    I also have the same problem with H:/ and Our Videos (H*Smile.
    This has only been since I moved the files from Windows/Users/Colin/.
    Cheers,

enfield250, Oct 30, 2017
  5. You have one partition named Our Photos and its partition letter is D: i don't see any other partition named Our Photos.

FreeBooter, Oct 30, 2017
  6. The "Our Photos (D*Smile" is exactly the same as D:/. I only want one in file explorer not both, I have the same with H:/ and "Our Videos (H*Smile"

enfield250, Oct 30, 2017
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    I do not see duplicate folders/[partitions. The "D" partition has a name/label of "Our Photos", similar with "Our Videos". We are looking at Disk Management screens. You keep mentioning Explorer where you are seeing duplicates. Can you please post a screenshot of what you are seeing in Explorer? We are only seeing half the picture you are seeing. Thanks.

f14tomcat, Oct 30, 2017
  8. Moving files from Users

If you look at the top of this page, I posted screenshots as a pdf attachment. The pdf should have both Disk management and file explorer.
    Cheers,
    Colin

enfield250, Oct 30, 2017
  9. Hello!
    Attached to this post is the file explorer screenshot.
    You can see under "This PC" D:/ and further down Our Photos (D*Smile further still H:/ and Our Videos (H:/).

enfield250, Oct 30, 2017
  10. f14tomcat Win User
    The one in red is a drive, the one in blue is a folder. They are not duplicates. One is a drive named Our Photos, the other is a folder in K: named Our Photos. The system is not reporting duplicates, just reporting what is actually there. You must have created those drive partitions and folders, the system would not do that.

This is a bit confusing because it's only telling you what's there, and I'm not totally sure what it is you are trying to end up with.

Moving files from Users [​IMG]

You can also change what/how is displayed in Explorer (You are showing Quick Access screens) by changing options in folders here:

*Arrow Open Folder Options in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

f14tomcat, Oct 30, 2017
  11. It's a bit confusing, if you look at the post about 7 mins ago with the attachment marked File Explorer you will see both d drives shown.
    all I want to see is Our Photos (D*Smile and not D:/.
    The same with Our Videos (H*Smile and H:/

enfield250, Oct 30, 2017
  12. f14tomcat Win User
    Might be getting somewhere here. You want to remove the drives from showing up in the left side navigation pane. Is this correct? If so, the tutorial, step #2: Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

f14tomcat, Oct 30, 2017
  13. f14tomcat Win User

Moving files from Users

@enfield250 I just noticed something on your screenshot. In the left navigation pane, it is not at the top. The scroll bar is scrolled down. Scroll it all the way to the top. Move your mouse cursor all the way to the left of the navigation pane, and just hover it there for a moment. You should see the symbols > and ^ and v. Next to "This PC", click the down arrow (v) and see if it hides the drives.

f14tomcat, Oct 30, 2017
  14. Yes, if I click the down arrow next to this pc then the whole tree collapses.
    I tried the tutorial and nothing has changed, it must by a key in the registry, but which one.

enfield250, Oct 30, 2017
  15. f14tomcat Win User
    Then doesn't that solve your issue? That you didn't want to see the drives? Or am I still missing something or not understanding your intent.

f14tomcat, Oct 30, 2017
Thema:

Moving files from Users

1. Moving files from Users - Similar Threads - Moving files Users

2. Moving files from c:\user\username\onedrive\pictures to c:\user\username\pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving files from c:\user\username\onedrive\pictures to c:\user\username\pictures: Hi--I have a Lightroom Classic catalog which does not play well with onedrive. I also have no need for onedrive as I am without internet for about half the year. I have disabled one drive not connected, but want to get my files out of a local drive with the word "onedrive" in...
  3. Moving files from c:\user\username\onedrive\pictures to c:\user\username\pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving files from c:\user\username\onedrive\pictures to c:\user\username\pictures: Hi--I have a Lightroom Classic catalog which does not play well with onedrive. I also have no need for onedrive as I am without internet for about half the year. I have disabled one drive not connected, but want to get my files out of a local drive with the word "onedrive" in...
  4. Unable to move files from one user profile to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to move files from one user profile to another: Hello, I am trying to move files from one account to another on windows. However, once I go into advanced system settings and then into user profiles only the "Default profile" can be "copied to" while all the other user profiles cannot. If I could get an answer on how to...
  5. Unable to move files from one user profile to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to move files from one user profile to another: Hello, I am trying to move files from one account to another on windows. However, once I go into advanced system settings and then into user profiles only the "Default profile" can be "copied to" while all the other user profiles cannot. If I could get an answer on how to...
  6. Unable to move files from one user profile to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. moving user file

moving user file: I just Bought a new laptop that have both a ssd and hdd storage, and I what all my user data saved and sent to the hdd storage not the ssd one. Do I just cut and paste the "user" folder in the ssd to the hdd or will that break something?...
  8. Moving a File From WindowsApps

Moving a File From WindowsApps: My computer has a small C drive and a large D drive. I have a 40GB file folder that I'm trying to move over to my D: drive. Problem: It is a WindowsApp installed through the Microsoft Store, and I cannot seem to change that install directory. A ton of weird problems with...
  9. Moving all user files from SSD to SATA HD

Moving all user files from SSD to SATA HD: Good day, I have a new Dell laptop with Windows 10 Pro and the C: Drive is a 256 Gb SSD drive. The other internal drive D: is a 2 Tb SATA 5400 RPM hard drive. Currently the C: drive has just about everything on it, including all user folders and files. I would prefer to...
  10. Move user files from SSD to HDD...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Move user files from SSD to HDD...: I am just one user on my laptop, I want my docs videos pics etc moved from my SSD to the HDD... I read the tutorial for setting it up so all future users accts will be there. It is way too complicated for a novice such as myself. Is there not an easy way to make this...