Windows 10: Moving User Files--Windows 10 1809

Discus and support Moving User Files--Windows 10 1809 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi All True or False--Is just setting the default user folders to secondary drive manually after Windows 10 is installed, is that not a good thing to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AMDMan2016, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Moving User Files--Windows 10 1809

Hi All

True or False--Is just setting the default user folders to secondary drive manually after Windows 10 is installed, is that not a good thing to do with an SSD Drive, specificially laptop drive that is 128gb m.2, and Desktop SSD drive that is 250gb.

Now if i have D blank when i do the future clean install, Will Windows accidently put a parition on that drive that i had happen in the past prior to getting the user folders set on it, and then installing the few programs i put on D to keep it seperate from OS drive

and do i need 2 relocate.xml files for WIndows 10 Home & Pro 64bit editions, or can i possibly use the 1 file created on the Desktop

Thank you all
    think all of the questions i had for the moment on cleaning up system in future clean install

:)

AMDMan2016, Jan 18, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 18, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10  

No, it should be the install.wim file and that's the cause for your issue.

If you create the Windows 10 install media as USB Flash drive in Media Creation Tool, the compressed and encrypted ESD file is used instead of the WIM file. You need to have an install media with the WIM file instead; easiest way to get it is to use the Media Creation Tool again, this time selecting the ISO image option. The ISO image created with the tool uses the WIM file. For Media Creation Tool, see tutorial: Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums

Step 1, select Create installation media for another PC:

Moving User Files--Windows 10 1809 [​IMG]

Step 2, select your language, edition and bit version. Be sure to select the same bit version as you are installing; you cannot use a 32 bit install.wim in sysprepping a 64 bit Windows and vice versa:

Step 3, select ISO file and let it be created. There's no need to burn the ISO to disk or flash drive if you already have an install media to use, the ISO will only needed when sysprepping :

When you have the ISO, do like this:
    • Install Windows 10 clean, boot to Audit Mode, create the answer file (this tutorial, Method One Steps 1 & 2)
    • Before sysprepping (Method One, Step 3), mount the ISO file as virtual DVD drive by double clicking it. Check the drive letter given for it by Windows, let's say the virtual drive gets letter F > use this CPI source in answer file: Code:
      Code:
      cpi:source="wim:F:\sources\install.wim#Windows 10 PRO"
    • Sysprep as told in tutorial
    Should work now.

4. hellrazor Win User

Moving User Files--Windows 10 1809

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

Moving User Files--Windows 10 1809

1. Moving User Files--Windows 10 1809 - Similar Threads - Moving User Files

2. moving user file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    moving user file: I just Bought a new laptop that have both a ssd and hdd storage, and I what all my user data saved and sent to the hdd storage not the ssd one. Do I just cut and paste the "user" folder in the ssd to the hdd or will that break something?...
  3. file sharing in windows 10 :1809

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file sharing in windows 10 :1809: To use file sharing; I have to disable and then enable option file and printer sharing for microsoft windows in ethernet properties after every windows start Then shared files are available for clients. everything all right. It solves the problem only by enabling and...
  4. how to remove a user account in windows 10 1809

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to remove a user account in windows 10 1809: in windows 10 1803 1nd 1809 when trying to remove a user account there is not a remove button. now there is a block button. how do we remove a user account?...
  5. Windows 10 version 1809 available for "advanced users"

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 1809 available for "advanced users": The latest feature update for Windows 10, Windows 10 version 1809 -- The October 2018 Update -- is now available for "advanced users" according to Microsoft. Microsoft started the rollout of the feature update in early October 2018 but pulled it from Windows Update and other...
  6. Windows security 1809 home user

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows security 1809 home user: HI I was wondering if I could ask a question about Windows security that is installed with the latest version of Windows 10. Since I am a home user I was just curious to understand do I have to manually update the windows defender definitions every hour by going to windows...
  7. Are Windows 10 1809 User Profiles really 'fixed'?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Are Windows 10 1809 User Profiles really 'fixed'?: Wasn't there recent 'fix' added for profile redirection? There is obviously something wrong with how the User Profiles are created with Windows 10 - why are dummy profiles being created just to refresh a language pack installation that gets corrupted during the 1803 - 1809...
  8. HELP move user folder windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    HELP move user folder windows 10: Sorry fo not providing more info , i have added to the reply below.. ____________________________________________________________________________________________________ __ 45991
  9. Moving files from Users

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving files from Users: Hello! I found that I had a lot of duplication on my pc. I had pictures under Windows/Users and the same under Our Photos (D*Smile I moved the pictures under Windows/Users to the Our Photos (D*Smile I now find in File Explorer I have D:/ and Our Photos (D*Smile Can I...
  10. Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10: How to: Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10 How to Move Users Folder to another Location in Windows 10 [img] Information The method described in this tutorial allows relocating Windows 10 main profile folder Users including all present and future user profiles...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to relocate users folder windows 10 1809