Windows 10: MP3 Album art work changing

Discus and support MP3 Album art work changing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi i am not sure if this is the correct place to post this My problem is i am sorting out my MP3 files and adding the artwork to those that have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sam02, Feb 19, 2018.

1. sam02 Win User

MP3 Album art work changing

Hi i am not sure if this is the correct place to post this

My problem is i am sorting out my MP3 files and adding the artwork to those that have the art work missing.

I have done quite a few and after playing the mp3 the art work displays ok and then i have saved the the edited files in a new music folder, and then when i play the files all displays ok.

but i have several mp3 files that after i add the art work and play the mp3 it displays the art work ok.

But then after i copy the mp3 to the same music folder as the others i have done, the art work i have saved changes to a generic image and nothing to do with the art work i embedded into the mp3

As its only a few i don't understand what is causing the change of image

I would like some advice if possible please

:)

sam02, Feb 19, 2018

2. MP3 vs. eAAC+, Album Covers

If they work DON'T change them MP3 Album art work changing :)

(the mp3 files with album art)

el_loco---01, Feb 19, 2018
  3. garym123 Win User
    Wrong album art in windows phone 8.1, how do I get rid of it?

The album art the phone displays is the cover art that is embedded in the mp3 tag of the music. It is not another art file that comes along with the music file.

To change the album art all mp3 files have to be changed with a mp3 tag editor. Easiest way is to do it on the PC, delete the files on the phone and transfer the new files.

When the music was ripped it was tagged with the art, apparently with the incorrect art. The PC does have the art in a file that is used by the PC.

garym123, Feb 19, 2018
  4. MP3 Album art work changing

How are you adding the album art? How are you checking to see that the art has changed? What is the "generic image?"

It's possible some music player, such as Windows Media Player, may be messing with the album art.

PolarNettles, Feb 19, 2018
  5. WMP used to download artwork to the folder that the mp3 was in.
    The artwork would have the "Hidden" attribute set.

Try setting File Explorer to show "Hidden" files and see if you can see the artwork thumbnails.

You may also need to show System files.
    Uncheck "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)".

MP3 Album art work changing [​IMG]

Tutorial
    Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives in Windows 10

lehnerus2000, Feb 20, 2018
  6. dalchina New Member
    Try e.g. mp3tag, often mentioned here for comparison. (Donationware)

dalchina, Feb 20, 2018
  7. Steve C Win User
    I've just spent considerable time getting mp3 files to display artwork and other track details on my Mazda. Here is what I did:

• Rip CDs in mp3 format in iTunes and import music folders / files obtained from other sources.
    • Consolidate the music library in iTunes which generates the folder structure Artist / Album / Tracks
    • Check for missing artwork. I did a Google search for album covers and saved artwork size c. 300x300 pixels then added the album art in iTunes.
    • Use Tagscanner to check/edit the track details, artist, album art etc
    • Use MP3Tag to check the tags are v2.3. Cut the tag then paste it back to set v2.3 if incorrect.
    • Use MP3Test to quickly check and test for mp3 file errors
    • Use MP3Diags to check and correct mp3 files in detail

What program are you using to create and play MP3 files?

Steve C, Feb 20, 2018
  8. sam02 Win User

I am using tag scanner to edit the artwork, and to test it i just play it in WMP

I have tried mp3tag and the results are the same as tag scanner

The art work seems to be ok when i change it its only when i copy the file to another folder the artwork changes

The generic art is just mostly a dull random image and nothing to do with the mp3 track

sam02, Feb 20, 2018
  9. sam02 Win User
    Hi i will try the iTunes way

I am not having a lot of luck searching for album covers

Can i ask what you mean by size C and is 300x300 pixels a good size every time i find a album cover i like and check the size when i download it the size gets smaller

I have tried WMP and VLC

sam02, Feb 20, 2018
  10. dalchina New Member
    How are you viewing your cover art in the mp3 file? A screenshot or two might help.

Example: I copied this mp3 file to my desktop: you can see the icon and the Preview pane both display it correctly.

dalchina, Feb 20, 2018
  11. I do believe that's just the folder image, the file is called Folder.jpg. There may be several in different sizes. It's for when you set your view to large icons small icons etc. I often add my own. There can be other images embedded in the mp3 file also. I've done that too.

There is a setting in Windows Media Player under the Library Tab in Options "retrieve additional information from the Internet" That can redo things on you and mess things up. I always uncheck it.

alphanumeric, Feb 20, 2018
  12. The images I used to see had file names that were similar to GUIDs (i.e. { lots of numerals } ).
    They were jpg files.

Agreed. *Smile

lehnerus2000, Feb 20, 2018
  13. MP3 Album art work changing

Yeah, I think some of those folder,jpg files will have numbers in the file name. folder_small_01010 or something? I took a quick look and didn't see any in my folders. I went to great pains to customize them a while back. One of the first things I do when launching MP is turn off the option to update them. I've had some really weird things happen, albums split in two etc. Album art changed, but only for some songs?

EDIT: You have to uncheck "hide protected system files" to see some of them, I did that and saw a album art small,jpg.

alphanumeric, Feb 20, 2018
  14. sam02 Win User
    Hi guys thanks for all the help and advice.

I think the problem was in WMP i think the problem is if this is possible as i am not sure.

i think when i changed the artwork it was not removing the original artwork even after i deleted it and so there were more than one image embedded into the MP3 file

The file played ok in wmp with the new artwork visible but then when i copied it to a new folder it reverted back to the original artwork.

These track are quite old and i am not sure of the origin or were the original artwork came from or what it referred to.

After altering some settings i file explorer i have a new problem when i click to play a mp3 track i now get two windows with the track one with the album artwork and on playing the track. and i have to close them both to carry on

sam02, Feb 20, 2018
  15. Steve C Win User
    c. means circa / about. I just searched for the album name & artist in Google images and picked a file around 300x300 pixels. I used Tagscanner to embed the album art jpg file in every music track and don't use the separate artwork file in the folder since my car seems to prefer this approach.

Steve C, Feb 20, 2018
Thema:

1. MP3 Album art work changing - Similar Threads - MP3 Album art

2. Specific MP3 will not show album art in Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Specific MP3 will not show album art in Explorer: I downloaded some music to play on Spotify, and for some reason, this one song will just not work right. It worked the first time I downloaded it, but I've since downloaded it from a different source, and it won't display the art in Explorer image one or Spotify. It won't...
  3. Specific MP3 will not show album art in Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Specific MP3 will not show album art in Explorer: I downloaded some music to play on Spotify, and for some reason, this one song will just not work right. It worked the first time I downloaded it, but I've since downloaded it from a different source, and it won't display the art in Explorer image one or Spotify. It won't...
  4. Specific MP3 will not show album art in Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 3d album art visualization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3d album art visualization: Since replacing my old Win7 computer last week after it died completely rendering it useless, I discovered Media Player still resides in the background of win10. I miss This 3d album art visualization so much, and have only found websites that describe it, but none that will...
  6. Unable to add Album art to some mp3 files

Unable to add Album art to some mp3 files: I am able to add Album cover art to most mp3 files using either Windows Media Player or the MP3TAG application. However all files in some folders just refuse to display the art. I test this by viewing large, medium, and small icons using file explorer. It has nothing to do...
  7. Album art pictures

in Windows 10 Support
    Album art pictures: Windows 10 Home edition version 1903.I have a lot of "Album art"pictures I don`t want and would like to delete them as they have got mixed up in some music albums is it safe to do so? 142745
  8. Media Player album art

in Windows 10 Customization
    Media Player album art: Where has the paste album art option in Windows Media Player gone? Is the now another way to add the desired album cover? A lot of the stuff I need isn't available for digital sale anywhere so info can't be found by the media player. Old demo tapes from very obscure, and...
  9. How do I set album art for an mp3

How do I set album art for an mp3: I have already tried copying and pasting the image onto the album in windows media player, but then the image is much too low quality. Is there anything else I can try?...
  10. Icons and album art

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Icons and album art: do not appear in Windows file Explorer after Windows 10 update is https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-and-album-art/6263e8a0-6dc2-4d1c-a190-eda0ebbd7754