Windows 10: MS account to try out Cortana ?

Discus and support MS account to try out Cortana ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all I run win 8.1 as my main OS and have a MS account for that. I run win 10 in a VM on local account, have not tested out Cortana as let , now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WhiteWolf, May 1, 2015.

1. WhiteWolf Win User

MS account to try out Cortana ?

Hi all
    I run win 8.1 as my main OS and have a MS account for that.
    I run win 10 in a VM on local account, have not tested out Cortana as let , now that i have 10074 and its a bit more stable (not that i have had 1/4 the probs that some have) .
    I would like to test run Cortana, do not want to set up another MS account unless I have too,
    So can I use my account to login to MS on win 10 at the same time my win 8.1 OS is ?

Regards
    Noel

:)

WhiteWolf, May 1, 2015

2. No way to sign into Cortana using a local account fail

Windows 10 RTM released today and I was so excited to try out Cortana, I had to LOL when I found out that you can not simply log into Cortana without switching to a MS account on the PC. What a fail MS....I will ALWAYS use a local account or i'll just
    use Linux. Find a way...find a way.

SemperAye1, May 1, 2015
  3. LrvBanned Win User
    Windows 10, total fail in 10 minutes or less

So here's my experience with Windows 10 in 10 minutes or less:

- First thing I did was to activate the administrator account, log off and switch to administrator

- Eager to try the new browser, I immediately launched Edge and then... "Microsoft Edge can't be opened using the built-in administrator account..."

STRIKE 1

- Well, at least I have Cortana to try out, right?

- Cortana wants to switch to a MS account... or refuses to work

STRIKE 2

- Then I proceed to configure Windows Update (to turn it off the be precise) just to found out that I CANT!!!

STRIKE 3!!!

I'm honestly curious on how a corporation is going to implement Cortana if a MS account is forced???

Back to Windows 7 for a couple of years more.

Thanks Microsoft, you never cease to disappoint.

LrvBanned, May 1, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

The easiest would be simply to switch to an MS Account in Windows 10 on the vm, using the same MS Account you already use for WIndows 8. See this tutorial for help: Microsoft Account - Switch to in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

If you want to you can also create a new MS Account. See this post if you want to create a new MS Account and get a new Outlook.com or Hotmail.com email address, and this post if you want to use an existing third party email address as an MS Account.

Kari, May 1, 2015
  5. Kari Win User
    You are welcome *Smile

Kari, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. MS account to try out Cortana ? - Similar Threads - account try Cortana

2. Bitlocker Key - Locked out of MS account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Key - Locked out of MS account.: Asus Zenbook, Windows 11A few days ago my laptop experienced its first blue screen which upon reboot prompted the repair-mode screen. In order to access the drive I get prompted to input a key for Bitlockers encryption. Seeing as this is something I didn't even knew I had on...
  3. Bitlocker Key - Locked out of MS account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker Key - Locked out of MS account.: Asus Zenbook, Windows 11A few days ago my laptop experienced its first blue screen which upon reboot prompted the repair-mode screen. In order to access the drive I get prompted to input a key for Bitlockers encryption. Seeing as this is something I didn't even knew I had on...
  4. Out-of-date info in MS account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Out-of-date info in MS account.: My MS account gives my PC as my previous laptop, not my current one probably because I carried my e-mail a/c forward rather than getting a new one. There does not seem to be mechanism for swapping "new" for "old", and the only devices you can add are tablets etc not PCs....
  5. Out-of-date info in MS account.

Out-of-date info in MS account.: My MS account gives my PC as my previous laptop, not my current one probably because I carried my e-mail a/c forward rather than getting a new one. There does not seem to be mechanism for swapping "new" for "old", and the only devices you can add are tablets etc not PCs....
  6. Locked out of MS account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of MS account: My cousin, that got this PC when starting college, didn't even realize she created a MS account and has no idea what the password is because, she only used it once on the laptop and then it was a PIN. Now, she's locked out of the laptop because, on boot bitlocker asks for the...
  7. Trying to switch from MS account to local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Trying to switch from MS account to local account: On my Win10 (20H2) laptop, I went to Settings, Account, Your Info. My info shows my Gmail email account name and below that it says, "Switch to a local account" (this is what I want to do) So far so good. When I click to switch to local account, my Gmail account login shows...
  8. Trying to setup Cortana on new computer won't login to MS account

in Cortana
    Trying to setup Cortana on new computer won't login to MS account: I click cortana page come up to sign in to Cortana I click Sign in, pick my MS account then continue and I get "Something went wrong Please try again later 0x8007052e. Send feedback....
  9. locked out of win10 using MS account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    locked out of win10 using MS account: hi all i have recently upgraded from Win8.1 to Win 10 and I used the MS account to login but now it does not let me login anymore, i did a pw reset for my MS account already and can login to my MS account from any device but the message showing when I use my MS account pw...
  10. Cortana - Unable to sign into MS account

Cortana - Unable to sign into MS account: Hi I've upgraded to Windows 10. I'm trying to set up Cortana (in UK) and I'm stuck with a sign in problem with MS account. I know my MS account password but the next window asks for my previous password, which I don't remember. In fact, I didn't have to log in to my...