Windows 10: MS Edge Favorites

Discus and support MS Edge Favorites in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; With the Internet Explorer I have my favorites organized into folders. When I import them into the Edge and look at the favorites I see a whole bunch... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by alkaufmann, Nov 15, 2015.

1. MS Edge Favorites

With the Internet Explorer I have my favorites organized into folders. When I import them into the Edge and look at the favorites I see a whole bunch of folders with 0 items in them and I don't know why. Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing?

:)

alkaufmann, Nov 15, 2015

2. All favourites gone since Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3150513)

Let's try a different approach.

Install firefox, run it, and import all favorites from MS Edge. if all favorites was imported to Firefox, import it back to MS edge. if not, I suggest you chat MS support.

Rasheed Mandeep, Nov 15, 2015
  3. GREvans Win User
    Edge Favorites missing after latest Win10 update, 12th November 2015

It appears that every time that MS Edge is updated, the Favorites that might have started as a transfer from IE and is then updated within MS Edge is literally blown away... obliterated... Gone. Why is it that MS can't incorporate a save and restore within
    their updates to preserve the Favorites created and updated within Edge????????

GREvans, Nov 15, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

MS Edge Favorites

Brink, Nov 15, 2015
  5. Hello Brink,

Your BAT file did not delete the favorites in my Microsoft Edge. The bat file was not blocked and I even tried running the dos command manually. I also could not find that directory on my system so I wonder where Edge is getting the information.

What I did was open Edge and manually delete all the items in the favorites and then I imported the favorites from the Internet Explorer. That seems to have worked and everything is in the same order. Maybe the next version of Edge will allow you to sort your favorites.

Thanks for pointing me in the correct direction.

Ak

alkaufmann, Nov 15, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm glad you got it sorted. *Smile

Brink, Nov 15, 2015
  7. I was going to do the same with my laptop but for some reason MS Edge would not delete the favorites. When I clicked on the link I was shown the delete option but it did nothing. I am going to give your BAT file a try on the laptop, maybe it will work there.

After I ran your bat file I was able to manually delete all the favorites in MS Edge. Then I imported and it imported all the folders included the contents except after the first 10 folder they were all empty. I tried that twice so I guess this a bug in the Import program.

Any idea why Edge can't just use the same favorite folder as the Internet Explorer or at least make it easily available for editing?

Ak

alkaufmann, Nov 15, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

MS Edge Favorites

Yeah, it would be nice if Edge used the same Favorites folder as Internet Explorer, but I suppose it's best to have separate favorites for each browser instead.

Manually editing Favorites in Edge is just about impossible.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

MS Edge Favorites

1. MS Edge Favorites - Similar Threads - Edge Favorites

2. Favorites, MS Edge, Windows 10 and networks?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Favorites, MS Edge, Windows 10 and networks?: Hello and have a nice day.MS Edge favorites are synchronised across my network. If I give my Laptop to a friend, to be connected to another house and another network would the others be able to see and alter my favorites?Thank you....
  3. Favorites, MS Edge, Windows 10 and networks?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Favorites, MS Edge, Windows 10 and networks?: Hello and have a nice day.MS Edge favorites are synchronised across my network. If I give my Laptop to a friend, to be connected to another house and another network would the others be able to see and alter my favorites?Thank you....
  4. Favorites, MS Edge, Windows 10 and networks?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I need to disable my Edge favorite tabs I use at home from showing up on my Edge browser at...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need to disable my Edge favorite tabs I use at home from showing up on my Edge browser at...: I need to disable my Edge favorite tabs or "bookmarks" I use at home from showing up on my Edge browser at my work office. Is there a way this can be done easily?...
  6. I need to disable my Edge favorite tabs I use at home from showing up on my Edge browser at...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to disable my Edge favorite tabs I use at home from showing up on my Edge browser at...: I need to disable my Edge favorite tabs or "bookmarks" I use at home from showing up on my Edge browser at my work office. Is there a way this can be done easily?...
  7. I need to disable my Edge favorite tabs I use at home from showing up on my Edge browser at...

8. After Microsoft Edge Update, why is the Tab bar and Favorites Bar much bigger?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Microsoft Edge Update, why is the Tab bar and Favorites Bar much bigger?: Last night, i updated Microsoft Edge to the latest version Version 117.0.2045.31, but then upon restarting, the Tab Bar and Favorites Bar became much bigger? Is there a way to adjust it?...
  9. After Microsoft Edge Update, why is the Tab bar and Favorites Bar much bigger?

After Microsoft Edge Update, why is the Tab bar and Favorites Bar much bigger?: Last night, i updated Microsoft Edge to the latest version Version 117.0.2045.31, but then upon restarting, the Tab Bar and Favorites Bar became much bigger? Is there a way to adjust it?...
  10. How can I configure group policy for Microsoft Edge Favorites?

How can I configure group policy for Microsoft Edge Favorites?: I'm relatively new to Group Policy, but I do have a pretty good handle on it. Right now I am troubleshooting the Microsoft Edge Favorites policy against a single test user account I've created in our domain. I believe all of the settings are in place, but when I check Edge...