Windows 10: MS Edge Home Button Not Showing Up?

Discus and support MS Edge Home Button Not Showing Up? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; In the advanced setting I have the button turned on to show the Home button. But, there is a space for it next to the refresh icon, but no button... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by msny, Mar 18, 2016.

1. msny Win User

MS Edge Home Button Not Showing Up?

In the advanced setting I have the button turned on to show the Home
    button. But, there is a space for it next to the refresh icon, but no button itself (blank area)?

If I turn the setting off the space goes away, turning it back on the space appears
    again, but no button.

I've has windows 10 on about 2 weeks, the button was there yesterday, but gone today.

How do I get the Home button to appear again?

:)

2. MadtownJS Win User

Home icon is turned on but it is not visible in Microsoft Edge

Are there any other options you recommend for me to get the Home button to display on MS Edge?

MadtownJS, Mar 18, 2016
  3. neilpzz Win User
    Edge home page

If you select More option in the top right hand corner of Edge (3 dots) you can show the home button. Go to Settings and set your Home Page and then in Advanced you can show the Home button.

neilpzz, Mar 18, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

davidhk, Mar 18, 2016
  5. msny Win User
    It's a scaling problem, very strange. I found this.
    Solved Edge Home button... - Windows 10 Forums

Once I take DPI scaling away the Home button is back.
    But that leads to another problem cause of my vision problems.
    Themes are broken also, everything is washed out except for HC.
    I'm guessing win 10 wasn't built with desktops in mind.

Never had these *simple* problems with win 7 or XP.

Lots of bugs, it seems.

6. davidhk Win User
    Thanks for the update.
    Since you have solved your own problem, please mark the thread as Solved.
    Thank you.

davidhk, Mar 18, 2016
  7. msny Win User
    What's strange is that the Home button disappears when DPI is 120% or more.
    Under that value, it appears. I tested on my box YMMV.

msny, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. MS Edge Home Button Not Showing Up? - Similar Threads - Edge Home Button

2. Daily new pics not showing up as background on MS edge welcome tab home screen.

in Cortana
    Daily new pics not showing up as background on MS edge welcome tab home screen.: I used to get new pictures at the welcome tab daily but after installing a new copy of windows, I only see the edge logo. The edge browser is updated to the latest version. [ATTACH]...
  3. MS Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Edge: How can i revert back to the previous version of edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-edge/aed3a24c-53d3-46b0-b0ff-f0c8859025f4
  4. MS Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Edge: Always when i open a new tap in MS-Edge by Strg+t this browser opens a new tap but i cant start writing at once. First i have to click into the damn adressfield. Why is the adressfield not preselected. What die MS-Developers think the users intention might be after opening a...
  5. Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge: For some reason i cannot set the Home button on the top bar on Microsoft Edge .I have followed the Advanced Settings with no luck.I have attached a image of what i mean. 42558
  6. MS Edge and slide show...

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge and slide show...: MS Edge having issues with slideshow at the USA Today website. The slideshow of 90 pics from the World Cup, on the bottom of the page, is slow and CPU utilization fluctuate between 60 - 80%. The system becomes sluggish, until Edge is closed, here's a capture of the page with...
  7. Can't get Edge home button to go to home page!

in Browsers and Email
    Can't get Edge home button to go to home page!: So, I have defined a home page in Edge Settings, and when I open Edge, it goes to that page. However, when I click on the Home button (with a house symbol) in the top bar, it doesn't go to the home page, but just Top Sites and suggested content as per that defined in new tab...
  8. MS Edge takes forever to come up...

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge takes forever to come up...: Hello, Whenever I launch MS Edge, it takes about a minute to bring up the home screen (default). Also, when I click to create a new tab, it takes as long for a new tab to come up where I can type in a new web address. I've searched the web about this problem & have tried...
  9. Ms edge home page.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms edge home page.: I set google.com to open edge with, but when I click on home button default page comes up. How do I set home button to go to google.com? Henry 58969
  10. Edge Home button...

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Home button...: Strike 2 here.... Still have no Home button. And I've turned on the add Home button in advanced settings. I even followed a link I saw on this web site to add it to the registry.... still no home button. Do I have a faulty Edge here?*Redface 20528