Windows 10: MS-WCP prompt after installing firefox

Discus and support MS-WCP prompt after installing firefox in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have downloaded Firefox in my daughters profile but it does not start as it demands a ms-wcp. Note that Firefox did open straight after installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MichaHollestelle, May 4, 2020.

1. MS-WCP prompt after installing firefox

I have downloaded Firefox in my daughters profile but it does not start as it demands a ms-wcp. Note that Firefox did open straight after installation using my on her computer which I created just for this purpose.

I have tried the powershell commands. At first it did a i dunno what but a lot, yet it read that it could work because some items were open on which it needed to work. I checked, but those items were not open not even in the background.

Restarted and tried again. After using powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

Now it reads

Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\Windows\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml' because it does not exist.

At line:1 char:1

+ Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register C:\Windows\WinStore ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: C:\Windows\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml:String [Add-AppxPackage], ItemNot

FoundException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

After using Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}

it still reads

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it modifies are currently in use. error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed Microsoft.Windows.StartMenuExperienceHost_10.0.18362.449_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy. NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] b3270696-2278-0003-b84a-27b37822d601 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID b3270696-2278-0003-b84a-27b37822d601 At line:1 char:38 + ... Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.I ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: C:\Windows\Syst...ppXManifest.xml:String [Add-AppxPackage], Exception + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it modifies are currently in use. error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed Microsoft.SkypeApp_14.56.102.0_x64__kzf8qxf38zg5c. NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] b3270696-2278-0001-803f-28b37822d601 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID b3270696-2278-0001-803f-28b37822d601 At line:1 char:38 + ... Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.I ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: C:\Program File...ppXManifest.xml:String [Add-AppxPackage], Exception + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it modifies are currently in use. error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed Microsoft.SkypeApp_14.56.102.0_x64__kzf8qxf38zg5c. NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] b3270696-2278-0001-3640-28b37822d601 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID b3270696-2278-0001-3640-28b37822d601 At line:1 char:38 + ... Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.I ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: C:\Program File...ppXManifest.xml:String [Add-AppxPackage], Exception + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it modifies are currently in use. error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed Microsoft.SkypeApp_14.56.102.0_x64__kzf8qxf38zg5c. NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] b3270696-2278-0000-2cf2-27b37822d601 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID b3270696-2278-0000-2cf2-27b37822d601 At line:1 char:38 + ... Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.I ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: C:\Program File...ppXManifest.xml:String [Add-AppxPackage], Exception + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it modifies are currently in use. error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_1.13.0.18362_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy. NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] b3270696-2278-0001-6643-28b37822d601 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID b3270696-2278-0001-6643-28b37822d601 At line:1 char:38 + ... Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.I ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: C:\Windows\Syst...ppXManifest.xml:String [Add-AppxPackage], Exception + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it modifies are currently in use. error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed Microsoft.SkypeApp_14.56.102.0_x64__kzf8qxf38zg5c. NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] b3270696-2278-0002-509c-27b37822d601 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID b3270696-2278-0002-509c-27b37822d601 At line:1 char:38 + ... Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.I ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: C:\Program File...ppXManifest.xml:String [Add-AppxPackage], Exception + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it

modifies are currently in use.

error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed

InputApp_1000.18362.449.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy.

NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] b3270696-2278-0002-739c-27b37822d601 in the Event Log or use

the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID b3270696-2278-0002-739c-27b37822d601

At line:1 char:38

+ ... Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.I ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: C:\Windows\Syst...ppXManifest.xml:String [Add-AppxPackage], Exception

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

Any suggestions?

:)

MichaHollestelle, May 4, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Bree, May 4, 2020
  3. Video Issues in Windows 10 With Firefox

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• Is the issue occurs in Microsoft Edge?

• Let us know whether the issue is specific to online videos or it is happening with other videos present in your system too?

As the initial troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to check all the available Windows Updates. Installation of recent Windows Updates should fix the issue.

If the issue still persists, then try updating the Display driver and check. Here is the steps:
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • In Display Adapter, expand Display Adapter, right-click , and then click
      Update.
    If the issues persists ,only with firefox then i suggest you to contact firefox support.

Please do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, May 4, 2020
  4. MS-WCP prompt after installing firefox

New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, May 4, 2020
Thema:

MS-WCP prompt after installing firefox

1. MS-WCP prompt after installing firefox - Similar Threads - WCP prompt installing

2. "Sign in with Google" prompt Firefox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Sign in with Google" prompt Firefox: "Sign in with Google" prompt is turned OFF but it is still popping up on every website. I have no linked accounts. Does anyone know how to end this annoying pop up. I am using latest Firefox and duckduck go. * Moved from Community Center* Firefox added to title...
  3. "Sign in with Google" prompt Firefox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Sign in with Google" prompt Firefox: "Sign in with Google" prompt is turned OFF but it is still popping up on every website. I have no linked accounts. Does anyone know how to end this annoying pop up. I am using latest Firefox and duckduck go. * Moved from Community Center* Firefox added to title...
  4. MS Family Is Blocking Firefox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Family Is Blocking Firefox: My parents use MS Family Safety for my account, and I have to use the Firefox browser for school. The only problem is that I can't open Firefox because of MS Family. My parents have removed all restrictions but Firefox is still not opening. I really need this fixed because I...
  5. MS Family Is Blocking Firefox

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    MS Family Is Blocking Firefox: My parents use MS Family Safety for my account, and I have to use the Firefox browser for school. The only problem is that I can't open Firefox because of MS Family. My parents have removed all restrictions but Firefox is still not opening. I really need this fixed because I...
  6. MS Family Is Blocking Firefox

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Can not access google chrome & MS-wcp error message

Can not access google chrome & MS-wcp error message: My device information Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 1909 I can not access google chrome. when I tried opening google chrome, I received a message stating "You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use." I have tried the following to fix this issue: 1...
  8. Firefox authentication Required prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firefox authentication Required prompt: This question may not belong here, but asking IT pros anyways. Anyone know how to disable below prompt in Firefox: [ATTACH] I tried settings available in options > network settings, no good. I uninstalled Firefox restarted Windows 10 Pro and reinstalled it with new...
  9. Windows 10 MS-WCP pop up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 MS-WCP pop up: I have the ms-wcp pop up that others have, however, nothing works to fix it. I went into the PowerShell as an admin, copied the code in ran it multiple times, restarted my computer and it only got worse. I made sure that I have an admin account on the system and re-ran it...
  10. ms family is blocking firefox

ms family is blocking firefox: Despite trying to remove all restrictions on my child's account, MS family protection continues to block Firefox. When the child opens firefox, it says 'ask your parent for permission'. I get the permission request on my end in MS Family, I approve it and grant the...