Windows 10: MSConfig safemode - Now pc wont communicate with monitor

Discus and support MSConfig safemode - Now pc wont communicate with monitor in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Hello, I have a self built computer which has been running fine and uses Windows 10. I wanted to install a new graphics card and thought I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by John#01, Apr 23, 2020.

1. John#01 Win User

MSConfig safemode - Now pc wont communicate with monitor

Hello,

Hello,
    I have a self built computer which has been running fine and uses Windows 10. I wanted to install a new graphics card and thought I needed to put the pc in safe mode. I typed msconfig, chose Boot tab and then safemode Normal. When I rebooted, the machine turns on and the keyboard and mouse light up but there is no signal got to the monitor. I have reboot 7 times but to no avail. Please help

Note: I did not make any hardware nor driver changes. All I did was put the pc in what I thought would be safemode.

:)

John#01, Apr 23, 2020
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Windows 10 Password problem in safemode

Hi,

For us to isolate the issue, we will need to ask you a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages aside from password incorrect?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far, after being stuck in safemode sign in screen?
    • What are you trying to do when you enter safemode with networking through msconfig?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Apr 23, 2020
  3. riqrat Win User
    Msconfig changed and no more login

It comes up that it isn't available. It isn't in safemode and there is no item in the bcdedit list with safemode.

However, I was able to solve this.

Although I cannot get into safemode with F8 or holding shift-restart, I was able by shutting down my system 3 times by holding power switch on computer. It came up with options and that allowed me access to safemode. From there I win-r for run box and started msconfig to restore.

Thank you for trying.

riqrat, Apr 23, 2020
  4. MSConfig safemode - Now pc wont communicate with monitor

No monitor after trying to boot to safe mode with msconfig

I recently tried to restart my pcninto safe mode in order to run some diagnostics. I entered safemode through msconfig. After booting this way, my monitor has completely stopped recieving signal. Ive tried plugging it into other ports and even used other
    monitors with no success. Ive tried the trouble shooting methods of typing in command lines blind and although after i did such, the pc rebooted, no signal to monitor remains.

I am using a 99ack mobo, 980ti gpu.

Wizard of Nozs, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

MSConfig safemode - Now pc wont communicate with monitor

1. MSConfig safemode - Now pc wont communicate with monitor - Similar Threads - MSConfig safemode wont

2. I changed the msconfig and now my pc wont start.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed the msconfig and now my pc wont start.: I have tried a lot and im very confused, I also can not reset my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-the-msconfig-and-now-my-pc-wont-start/e8f87e74-8955-47ac-889d-992ff4f79213
  3. I changed the msconfig and now my pc wont start.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I changed the msconfig and now my pc wont start.: I have tried a lot and im very confused, I also can not reset my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-the-msconfig-and-now-my-pc-wont-start/e8f87e74-8955-47ac-889d-992ff4f79213
  4. I changed the msconfig and now my pc wont start.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Used msconfig to ensure that my computer started in safemode but now it doesn't turn on at all

Used msconfig to ensure that my computer started in safemode but now it doesn't turn on at all: So previously I had and I guess I still do a problem with getting into safe mode - every time I tried to restart my computer to get into safe mode it would just end up as a black screen. The monitor would be seemingly off there is an orange light, not a green one. I found an...
  6. Used msconfig to ensure that my computer started in safemode but now it doesn't turn on at all

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Used msconfig to ensure that my computer started in safemode but now it doesn't turn on at all: So previously I had and I guess I still do a problem with getting into safe mode - every time I tried to restart my computer to get into safe mode it would just end up as a black screen. The monitor would be seemingly off there is an orange light, not a green one. I found an...
  7. msconfig - set to start in SAFEmode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msconfig - set to start in SAFEmode: OK - I have Win10 PRO - logged in normally as a user - ran msconfig and set the checkbox to start in SAFEmode - but didn't realize that recently, there is now a login required to go into SAFEmode - well it does NOT take my microsoft admin PW - don't know why - so now I cannot...
  8. msconfig - set to start in SAFEmode

msconfig - set to start in SAFEmode: OK - I have Win10 PRO - logged in normally as a user - ran msconfig and set the checkbox to start in SAFEmode - but didn't realize that recently, there is now a login required to go into SAFEmode - well it does NOT take my microsoft admin PW - don't know why - so now I cannot...
  9. msconfig - set to start in SAFEmode

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Black Screen after Booting to Safemode with MSConfig

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen after Booting to Safemode with MSConfig: I was trying to fix a problem I had with the Oculus software and for that I needed to boot into safe mode. The conventional way of doing it wasnt working for me so I decided to use msconfig. I turned on the "safe boot" option and restarted. Once i restarted it turned on but...