Windows 10: Msconfig

Discus and support Msconfig in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have followed Greg Carmack's Windows 10 Performance and Install Integrity Checklist, and it is very helpful, but in Step 4, when I open the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Techtime85, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Msconfig

Hello,

I have followed Greg Carmack's Windows 10 Performance and Install Integrity Checklist, and it is very helpful, but in Step 4, when I open the msconfig application and go to hide all Microsoft services, some of the services are of programs I have already uninstalled. Will they remain there?

Do I need to restart my PC?

Many thanks.

:)

Techtime85, Dec 23, 2018

2. Blank Screen after Latest Windows 10 Update-- Cannot Switch Between users.

As our initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Press Windows + R and type "msconfig".
    • Select Selective startup and Load system services.
    • Unselect Load system startup items.

Let us know if the steps provided resolved the issue.

Dennis Mop, Dec 23, 2018
  3. D007 Win User
  4. riqrat Win User

Msconfig

Msconfig changed and no more login

It comes up that it isn't available. It isn't in safemode and there is no item in the bcdedit list with safemode.

However, I was able to solve this.

Although I cannot get into safemode with F8 or holding shift-restart, I was able by shutting down my system 3 times by holding power switch on computer. It came up with options and that allowed me access to safemode. From there I win-r for run box and started msconfig to restore.

Thank you for trying.

riqrat, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

Msconfig

1. Msconfig - Similar Threads - Msconfig

2. Unable to Login after Diagnostic Startup in MSconfig, unable to access hard drive for clean...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Login after Diagnostic Startup in MSconfig, unable to access hard drive for clean...: I am no longer able to login with the error "something happened and your PIN isn't available" error, with no option to reset PIN. I have read many other articles on answers.microsoft.com and it seems the clean install of Windows 11 is the best answer to this issue....
  3. Unable to Login after Diagnostic Startup in MSconfig, unable to access hard drive for clean...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Login after Diagnostic Startup in MSconfig, unable to access hard drive for clean...: I am no longer able to login with the error "something happened and your PIN isn't available" error, with no option to reset PIN. I have read many other articles on answers.microsoft.com and it seems the clean install of Windows 11 is the best answer to this issue....
  4. Msconfig

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Msconfig: I was trying to get more fps while gaming and was following a video. The video told me to disable everything in msconfig and i was stupid to follow. Ive tried every thing but its not working i tried setting up the PIN and it said you need a app to do this. I feel so dumb...
  5. Msconfig

Msconfig: I was trying to get more fps while gaming and was following a video. The video told me to disable everything in msconfig and i was stupid to follow. Ive tried every thing but its not working i tried setting up the PIN and it said you need a app to do this. I feel so dumb...
  6. Msconfig

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. msconfig issue fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msconfig issue fix: Yesterday, I went into msconfig on my laptop and selected selective startup by mistake, and restarted my laptop, it has been stuck there ever since. I have tried all options but they are not working. I also cloned my OS from a HDD to a SSD before, can that be the reason for...
  8. msconfig issue fix

msconfig issue fix: Yesterday, I went into msconfig on my laptop and selected selective startup by mistake, and restarted my laptop, it has been stuck there ever since. I have tried all options but they are not working. I also cloned my OS from a HDD to a SSD before, can that be the reason for...
  9. msconfig issue fix

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Windows 11 Booted into safe mode from msconfig setting to uninstall graphics driver with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Booted into safe mode from msconfig setting to uninstall graphics driver with...: booted into safe mode via msconfig to uninstall graphics driver with DDU uninstaller go to restart, keyboard and mouse isnt working.can enter biostried different USB slots, no help. tried reverting to a old restore point , no help. never had an issue before.nothing in bios...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msconfig

2. checklist by Greg Carmack