Windows 10: msconfig...

Discus and support msconfig... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone. My question is why to use or what is the msconfig command for? And in that it can be useful. Thank you.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EstefaniaOrtiz1, Aug 13, 2019 at 6:52 PM.

1. msconfig...

Hello everyone. My question is why to use or what is the msconfig command for?

And in that it can be useful.

Thank you.

:)

EstefaniaOrtiz1, Aug 13, 2019 at 6:52 PM

2. Blank Screen after Latest Windows 10 Update-- Cannot Switch Between users.

As our initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Press Windows + R and type "msconfig".
    • Select Selective startup and Load system services.
    • Unselect Load system startup items.

Let us know if the steps provided resolved the issue.

3. D007 Win User
  4. riqrat Win User

msconfig...

Msconfig changed and no more login

It comes up that it isn't available. It isn't in safemode and there is no item in the bcdedit list with safemode.

However, I was able to solve this.

Although I cannot get into safemode with F8 or holding shift-restart, I was able by shutting down my system 3 times by holding power switch on computer. It came up with options and that allowed me access to safemode. From there I win-r for run box and started msconfig to restore.

Thank you for trying.

Thema:

msconfig...

1. msconfig... - Similar Threads - msconfig

2. Win 10 1709 upgrade to 1803 fails - no boot info in msconfig/boot tab

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 1709 upgrade to 1803 fails - no boot info in msconfig/boot tab: I am trying to upgrade Windows 10 N Enterprise 1709 to 1803 (or latest).. It fails saying "we can't tell if your PC is ready to continue installing Windows 10." This is with the 1803 Enterprise N ISO run from windows or from the updaterapp ,,, One thing I noticed was that...
  3. I made a change to my msconfig and now I get a blue repair screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I made a change to my msconfig and now I get a blue repair screen.: I play Lord of the Rings Online and there was a problem with the game crashing with the game's 64 bit client so people were investigating the problem. One solution, some people were saying, was to do the following to the msconfig file: RUN: MSCONFIG: BOOT tab ADVANCED...
  4. MSCONFIG "system configuration cannot save the original boot configuration" Error

in Windows 10 Customization
    MSCONFIG "system configuration cannot save the original boot configuration" Error: Hello, I am trying to use MSCONFIG to set the number of cores and maximum amount of ram on my Windows 10 PC. Every time I enter MSCONFIG by; 1) Pressing the Windows Button on my keyboard while holding "r" at the same time 2) Typing "msconfig" into the search bar [ATTACH]...
  5. Services disappeared from Task Manager (TM) and msconfig

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Services disappeared from Task Manager (TM) and msconfig: Hello, I've been on 1809 until yesterday, then I upgraded to 19H1 (1903) with idea, that it will fix itself, but I still cannot see services under services tab in Task Manager (TM) and also couldn't see any service under msconfig I tried to: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  6. When running msconfig Boot tab does not display my windows build

When running msconfig Boot tab does not display my windows build: Im trying to boot into recovery mode on my computer and I am unable to force it through msconfig like so [ATTACH] when booting through media disk that option isnt there either. Any way I could restore that?...
  7. how do i reset the changes i made in msconfig?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i reset the changes i made in msconfig?: i have a windows 10 pro laptop. i made a change using msconfig. now it boots to a picture window and no network access. i'm unable to log in as there is no were to enter the passwond. i'm only able select shutdown. how do i reset to boot so i can login....
  8. BSOD after accidently changing msconfig sittings

BSOD after accidently changing msconfig sittings: Hello My sister accidentally changed the numbers in "msconfig>boot advanced options>maximum memory" from "4096" to "34" after she restarted the laptop the blue screen appeared i tried system restore,startup repair and command prompt but nothing worked for me. Please help...
  9. Urgent! msconfig - login no longer working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Urgent! msconfig - login no longer working: I selected diagnostic startup from mis config and clicked ok. Machine restarted. I cannot login to my machine my login was previously linked to Windows 10. Urgent! I tried this https://client.ashdowntech.com/2017/02/msconfig-stops-win10-login/ but I coudn't select last...
  10. Windows 10 msconfig disabled all services

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 msconfig disabled all services: After i accidentally disabled all window services on msconfig i restarted my pc the my password or pin is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-msconfig-disabled-all-services/7d2f466e-f3f0-42ab-85d1-4f9a382f43cd