Windows 10: MSI Apache Pro Frequent crashing [error pic]

Discus and support MSI Apache Pro Frequent crashing [error pic] in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, I currently have an MSI apche Pro purchased from newegg.com my exact PC and specs can be found here: Support For GE72 Apache Pro (6th Gen)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Huntforfun, Oct 5, 2017.

1. MSI Apache Pro Frequent crashing [error pic]

Hello all, I currently have an MSI apche Pro purchased from newegg.com
    my exact PC and specs can be found here: Support For GE72 Apache Pro (6th Gen) (GTX 970M) | Laptops - The best gaming laptop provider | MSI USA 64

anyways- I have only had this PC for about 4-5 months, its relatively new. It works 90% of the time and when its working its the best damn PC ive ever had or could ask for.
    the 10% of "not working" is in reference to all the crashes its been doing these past two months. I've just eyeballed the error codes and it seems to be two different things? I was able to snag a pic of one of them this morning. It usually crashed like once a week so I didn't think it was too significant till it started happening more frequently now.

I use my PC for producing music, I use FL studio, played wow a while back but haven't touched it in a LONG while.

The only thing I really use this PC for is for producing music, homework, and social media obv.

I do have an external audio interface (scarlet i2) purchased from guitarcenter.com

it appears that in the crash that happened this morning- the scarlet i2 (aka focus-rite audio) seemed to be the catalyst.

a photo of the error screen is attached.

What would be the steps I need to take to fix this problem or have these errors/crashes stop?
    its very random, sometimes back to back, sometimes only once a week- and its very annoying when trying to get work done lol.

thanks for any and all help

:)

Huntforfun, Oct 5, 2017
  2. PA Bear - MS MVP, Oct 5, 2017
  3. How can I disable the Touchpad on my computer?

By the way that is not work. I have a MSI Apache Pro Model# MS179B

SophieCarmichael, Oct 5, 2017
  4. MSI Apache Pro Frequent crashing [error pic]

Upload Dump Files:
    NOTE: If using a disk cleaning utility, please stop using it while we are troubleshooting your issues.
    Please go to C:\Windows\Minidump and zip up the contents of the folder. Then upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
    Left click on the first minidump file.
    Hold down the "Shift" key and left click on the last minidump file.
    Right click on the blue highlighted area and select "Send to"
    Select "Compressed (zipped) folder" and note where the folder is saved.
    Upload that .zip file with your next post.

If you have issues with "Access Denied" errors, try copying the files to your desktop and zipping them up from there. If it still won't let you zip them up, post back for further advice.

If you don't have anything in that folder, please check in C:\Windows for a file named MEMORY.DMP. If you find it, zip it up and upload it to a free file hosting service. Then post the link to it in your topic so that we can download it.

Also, search your entire hard drive for files ending in .dmp, .mdmp, and .hdmp. Zip up any that you find and upload them with your next post.

Then, follow the directions here to set your system for Minidumps (much smaller than the MEMORY.DMP file): Set MiniDump
    More info on dump file options here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/254649

FreeBooter, Oct 5, 2017
  5. fireberd Win User
    Some comments since I too have a home recording studio, using Cakewalk Sonar.
    Along with what has been asked for by FreeBooter, download and run the free Resplendence Latency Mon (run it for at least 10 minutes) and see what it tells you. Its a very good program to see if your PC can handle audio. Many problems that I see on recording forums, can be resolved by running Latency Mon and correcting what it finds.

Also make sure you have the latest Focusrite drivers for your 2i2. There have been some recent updates.
    (My recording interface unit is an MOTU 896Mk3 Hybrid).

fireberd, Oct 6, 2017
  6. will post back with this shortly.

Iv'e been having problems, wi-fi will be connected shortly when i startup and then after about 15-20 minutes ill go to click a link or open a new tab or webpage and it will load forever and eventually freeze or crash- despite being connected to internet. it is not router/modem sided as my sisters laptop is fine and connected.

so please bear with me as i attempt to get this info and post it *Smile

EDIT: i also updated my scarlet driver (focus-rite) so far I haven't had any crashes regarding the audio interface- however I am still crashing and receiving that other error message I was talking about. Will try to snag a pic if occurs again

Huntforfun, Oct 9, 2017
  7. Maybe worth removing the software completely and reinstalling. Error on screen (focusriteusb.sys) points to the Focus Rite program being the cause.

Worth also updating any other drivers that the program relies on such as sound/graphics also just incase.

kingtez1984, Oct 9, 2017
  8. MSI Apache Pro Frequent crashing [error pic]

Checking For System Corruption

MSI Apache Pro Frequent crashing [error pic] [​IMG]
    Information As with anything like this, check your system for system file corruption. Corrupted system files can cause a whole host of odd errors and behaviors.

Step One
    Run SFC (System File Checker)

Open an admin Command Prompt and type:

Code: sfc /scannow[/quote]
    This should fix any system file corruption if there is any.

Step Two
    Run DISM

Using the same Command Prompt type:

Code: dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth[/quote]
    This should fix any component store corruption.

Note If the sfc command fails, run this command then try Step One again. Sometimes this will fix sfc errors.

Step Three
    Run CHKDSK

Using the same Command Prompt, type

Code: chkdsk C: /scan[/quote]
    This will let you know if there are any errors in the file system itself. If it comes up with errors, type

Code: chkdsk C: /F /R[/quote]
    This command will perform a more thorough check and attempt to fix any errors and recover any data from bad sectors (if any exist.)

Note Running this command will require you to restart. After restarting this will run. After it does, you will need to use the event viewer to view the log.

How To Read CHKDSK Log Using Event Viewer

ArazelEternal, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

MSI Apache Pro Frequent crashing [error pic]

1. MSI Apache Pro Frequent crashing [error pic] - Similar Threads - MSI Apache Pro

2. Sound to soft msi ge72vr Apache Pro win 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound to soft msi ge72vr Apache Pro win 10.: I used the Win troubleshooter and permitted it to load a new driver while trying to solve a different problem. Immediately it reduced the maximum volume of my speakers toward a whisper. It now says my RealTek speakers are "Microsoft High Definition Audio Device" and I can't...
  3. Sound to soft msi ge72vr Apache Pro win 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound to soft msi ge72vr Apache Pro win 10.: I used the Win troubleshooter and permitted it to load a new driver while trying to solve a different problem. Immediately it reduced the maximum volume of my speakers toward a whisper. It now says my RealTek speakers are "Microsoft High Definition Audio Device" and I can't...
  4. Sound to soft msi ge72vr Apache Pro win 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. MSI GE72 7RE-211CA Apache Pro Unable to Update to Windows 10 20H2

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MSI GE72 7RE-211CA Apache Pro Unable to Update to Windows 10 20H2: Hi all, I have an MSI GE72 7RE-211CA Apache Pro. Every time Windows 10 Pro tries to update to build 20H2 I get the following error. Anyone know why I can't update? Currently stuck on build 1909. 180967
  6. Solution for precision settings not showing for MSI Laptop (Apache Pro)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Solution for precision settings not showing for MSI Laptop (Apache Pro): I have an MSI ge72vr 6rf Apache Pro Laptop and, while all the precision gestures worked, the settings menu only showed sensitivity control. When looking for a solution, I saw another guy on these forums who never could solve the problem with his GE72VR etc., and the post was...
  7. Surface Pro Frequent Crashes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Pro Frequent Crashes: Hello everyone! I have a Surface Pro 4. It's relatively new, less than a year old, and I'm running into a frequent (and annoying) problem. I have battery saver mode set at 50%, but almost as soon as it goes into battery saver mode (or less, give or take, so maybe at 45%...
  8. Instaling Windows 10 on a new ssd drive.. MSI ge72 2qd apache pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Instaling Windows 10 on a new ssd drive.. MSI ge72 2qd apache pro: I ordered a new western digital 250gb ssd drive blue for my laptop. I can install the new drive no problem. My question is how do I go about loading Windows 10 onto the new hard drive ? I'm not worried about saving any thing from the old hard drive..A new instal is ok with...
  9. Suggestions for an SSD for my MSI GE62VR Apache Pro ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suggestions for an SSD for my MSI GE62VR Apache Pro ?: Suggestions for an SSD for my MSI GE62VR Apache Pro ? Bought an MSI Apache Pro back in February on sale, opted for one without SSD so I could put one of my choosing. My first gaming laptop I've owned, and when I built my PC years ago I wasn't in the market for M.2 SSD's. Any...
  10. 3 BSOD in a few days of MSI Apache PRO

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    3 BSOD in a few days of MSI Apache PRO: Just using my computer normal had 2 or 3 BSOD in the last days, I bought this new MSI Laptop expecting to perform great, and the only reason I didn't get so stressed is because you guys were always able to solve my BSOD in the past, I hope you can do this time too, Thank...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msi ge72 2qd apache pro battery